Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Southern Rail STRIKE details

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
What do you mean DOO? DOO is not a technology.

Yes it is. Its infrastructure and trains capable of being operated by one person.

You do know the gaurds are a hang over from when trains ran on coal. Technology now means they run on pixie magic thru the rail lines and cables and not needing someone else to basically shovel shit.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Guards have been advised to sign up because if they didn't they would lose their jobs in 12 weeks and the RMT obviously have to make sure their members retain their jobs even if worst case their roles do change. Aslef are inching closer and closer (within the legal constraints) to getting the drivers involved (as they have been trying to do since the start of this dispute).

Domt get involved in their protectionism. Its wp16 not 1976. Wish I was working as their brief.

I would sack them all. 12 weeks guaranteed work. Would love that.

What has been so refreshing, from the very start of this thread is the absolute fury from bitter little Torys with shit,dead end jobs getting upset with people who love their jobs so much they are willing to fight for them.
Still,at least when the railway is being run how the Tarquins want it the fares will come down and there'll be no more £20 million government subsidies.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Keep up you STUPID boy there is already an agreement for DOO in cases such as last night

No there really isnt. OTHERWISE it would have gone YOU are the stupid one.

I also lose count of the amount of times a train has failed and cant leave because no guard. EVEN THO IT COULD

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
On the 6.30 DOO RISKING life and limb on my way to Victoria.

Are the guards on the picket line? No. Workshy ****ers. :thumbsup: #safetymyarse

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
What has been so refreshing, from the very start of this thread is the absolute fury from bitter little Torys with shit,dead end jobs getting upset with people who love their jobs so much they are willing to fight for them.
Still,at least when the railway is being run how the Tarquins want it the fares will come down and there'll be no more £20 million government subsidies.

What a stupid comment.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patreon
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
You could put a fully trained guard in each carriage, two drivers at the front ( bit like a plane) paid relief guards to cover the sick notes who would get inconvenience pay for being called out, triple time for bank hols and weekends and those muppets would still moan that their tea breaks were to short or something else to moan about!

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
Clearly the is some weight behind Southern's claims about the guards working over the strike. For the first time since the strikes began this week and last week they've been able to run services on the Uckfield line albeit 2 late morning and 2 early evening but it's better than nothing. Today and yesterday they ran the 07:05 Uckfield to London Bridge which wasn't even part of the strike timetable.

Was ace, even at Croydon everyone who got on managed to get a seat (usually it's full by Eridge) and it arrived 6 minutes early.

Would suggests a lot of the members are keen on doing a deal even if the union isn't. Wish my job was guaranteed for 5 years with a pay rise above inflation and I was handed a £2k bonus all for doing less work than they do now. It's hardly any wonder that public support is all but gone now when you dress it up like that.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Clearly the is some weight behind Southern's claims about the guards working over the strike. For the first time since the strikes began this week and last week they've been able to run services on the Uckfield line albeit 2 late morning and 2 early evening but it's better than nothing. Today and yesterday they ran the 07:05 Uckfield to London Bridge which wasn't even part of the strike timetable.

Was ace, even at Croydon everyone who got on managed to get a seat (usually it's full by Eridge) and it arrived 6 minutes early.

Would suggests a lot of the members are keen on doing a deal even if the union isn't. Wish my job was guaranteed for 5 years with a pay rise above inflation and I was handed a £2k bonus all for doing less work than they do now. It's hardly any wonder that public support is all but gone now when you dress it up like that.

I passed on my appreciation to the guard working on the Littlehampton to Brighton service yesterday afternoon, allowing [MENTION=236]Papa Lazarou[/MENTION] and I to be supping in The Cyclist a little after 16:30.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
I passed on my appreciation to the guard working on the Littlehampton to Brighton service yesterday afternoon, allowing [MENTION=236]Papa Lazarou[/MENTION] and I to be supping in The Cyclist a little after 16:30.

I never got to see the guard on the train I got this morning to pass on my thanks. Thinking about it all of the announcements were automated so aside from opening and closing the doors it does beg the question what they actually do do. I except on a normal day it's not really practical to go round checking tickets as the trains are so rammed during rush hour. But they didn't have that excuse today.

These people are effectively via a third party working for the government protecting their revenue aren't they?

Every morning during these strikes I've gone from Tunbridge Wells on Southeastern I had my ticket checked....funny that isn't it.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Wonderful yesterday. Seat on the train to London, Gatwick Express back that actually was an Express and a train home from the game after two pints that we all got a seat on #CarryOnStriking

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
Not quite sure why this thread is degenerating into a childish slanging match ???

Because [MENTION=2422]Tony Meolas Loan Spell[/MENTION] & [MENTION=1416]Ernest[/MENTION] are the prime contributors?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here