Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Stockdale OFF ***to Birmingham - Official***

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Ok, I know this might be a bit crazy, but any chance Hughton might think that it's worth taking the risk on Walton now?

Maybe when the 25 man squad is re-nominated in January, but almost certainly at least a half-season loan until new year just to get a few more games ???

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I wonder how long Tony has given him to decided... that time must be approaching to give us sufficient time to replace him should he leave.

I posted a link to the club site, showing Maenpaa's signature, last year, was 14th June, so at least another two weeks.

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
Those saying they don't care about DS and think we can get far better will be the same people moaning at our transfers IN when we've had to spend a chunk on a decent goalkeeper to replace him. If he goes, that's one more position we have to fill, and less money to go on Premier League quality in the squad where it is badly needed to stay up.

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
Those saying they don't care about DS and think we can get far better will be the same people moaning at our transfers IN when we've had to spend a chunk on a decent goalkeeper to replace him. If he goes, that's one more position we have to fill, and less money to go on Premier League quality in the squad where it is badly needed to stay up.
If he signs, I am sure he will be given a chunk anyway, in a signing on fee, just like Stephens.

I really hope he stays.

Sent from my XT1072 using Tapatalk

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
That's my concern too. With only five weeks until he is a free agent, we need to have plans in place to find another competent keeper. It's a core position in the team, and capable, (and available), Premier League goalkeepers are difficult to find.

I'm sure TB and his team have it all in hand either way. There's no suggestion they've fallen out with Stockdale, so he wouldn't do
'a Sol Campbell' and trick his current club that he's staying (wasting vital time for us), before dropping the bombshell that he's off.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
If he thought that he would have offered Stockdale the 4 years he wants.

4 years of say £40k a week is too much of a gamble in this case and for Stockdale. We might be relegated next year, his form may dip for good (he wasnt always so good as he has been the last 18 months) and what will his form be like in say 3 years time?

Surrey Phil

Aug 3, 2010
4 years of say £40k a week is too much of a gamble in this case and for Stockdale. We might be relegated next year, his form may dip for good (he wasnt always so good as he has been the last 18 months) and what will his form be like in say 3 years time?

TB will sort it one way or the other but have to disagree with you. Stockers has brilliant for the last two seasons and I see no reason to believe he won't continue to be. There aren't many keepers available better tbh!

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Care to share the names of these "far better" keepers that we could sign if Stockdale leaves? I think you might struggle :shrug:

We will obviously get by and we might sign an excellent keeper but I doubt that he will be "far better" otherwise we would have released Stockdale and done it..
Well if we went to Germany or Spain or France I'm sure we'd find better in no time....He seems to make some really stupid errors numerous times and next season he will have many superb crosses and players shooting accurately unlike last season.

We'll see if he stays but would prefer a better keeper :)

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Well if we went to Germany or Spain or France I'm sure we'd find better in no time....He seems to make some really stupid errors numerous times and next season he will have many superb crosses and players shooting accurately unlike last season.

We'll see if he stays but would prefer a better keeper :)

I'm no great lover of Stockdale either, but to say that if we looked on the continent we could find better in no time, is lunacy.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
I'm no great lover of Stockdale either, but to say that if we looked on the continent we could find better in no time, is lunacy.
Really?
Stockdale has mistakes in him and the pressure on him will double next season.....Goalkeepers are the easiest to find in my opinion and cost the least.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Really?
Stockdale has mistakes in him and the pressure on him will double next season.....Goalkeepers are the easiest to find in my opinion and cost the least.

Stockdale isn't the greatest, but he is far from the worst. He won't be replaced that easily and that quickly.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
The clubs to loyal and he'll decide what he wants sadly....I would have got shot and got better:lolol:

Well I guess he has the right to decide what he wants to do, but I agree that some sort of timesacle needs to be put on it, to give us the time to find a capable replacement.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here