Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

General weirdness when quoting

El Sid

May 10, 2012
West Sussex
I think the NSC server clock is out of whack. It seems to be a couple of minutes ahead of actual time.(sometimes?)

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I think the NSC server clock is out of whack. It seems to be a couple of minutes ahead of actual time.(sometimes?)
This might be a possible explanation. On the match thread today, several posts popped up showing that they were posted three minutes in the future.

sebtucknott

Aug 22, 2011
Shoreham-by-Sea
It doesn't have to be quoted posts.

See the loan thread, the first reply is before the op!

I presume the post date is varying for users which seems odd as I presume the db/php will be generating the datetime.

When I posted it said am I sure I want to leave the page then took me to the full reply page. The wouldn't let me post says wait 30secs. Upon returning to the thread (match day) my post was before others I'd already seen.

Trevor

In my Fifties, still know nothing
NSC Patreon
Dec 16, 2012
Milton Keynes
No.

I haven't figured out what people are saying is actually happening, although I can see the end result.

Are we saying that the second quoting post and the original post are swapping positions?

I think that is what we are saying. What I think I witnessed this afternoon (maybe a restate of same) was that if I refreshed a page, the posts were not in the same order as before

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
On the match day thread, quoted and unquoted posts were jumping around all over the place
This. It was not necessary for a quote to be included, some posts (I remember especially I think [MENTION=12225]MacKenzie[/MENTION] and [MENTION=28761]carteater[/MENTION]) were posted three minutes or so ahead of everybody else according to the timestamp put on them by NSC. Then all of the rest posts made in the next three minutes would appear 'behind' these posts (including any posts which quoted them) until the rest of NSC caught up.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
On the match day thread, quoted and unquoted posts were jumping around all over the place

Posts are ending up out of order, even when there is no quote included.

I think.

Yes, I've seen the end result. I'm not sure what people are saying is actually happening, when it happens. Are the two posts reversing in order, i.e.:

Action 1: post 1 at 17:51
Action 2: post 2 quoting post 1 at 17:53
Result: post 2 shown at 17:51 and post 2 shown at 17:53

or

Action 1: post 1 at 17:51
Action 2: post 2 quoting post 1 at 17:53
Result: post 1 moved to (say) 17:54 and post 2 shown at 17:53

or something else.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
It doesn't have to be quoted posts.

See the loan thread, the first reply is before the op!

I presume the post date is varying for users which seems odd as I presume the db/php will be generating the datetime.

Exactly, yes.

My only thought is that is a result of the differing template now on use on NSC. Perhaps the new (Modern) template has a bug inherent within it.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
My post in the matchday thread - "Come on you super seagulls. Posted 3 minutes earlier than usual in case it appears 3 minutes later" started off on page 2 , moved to page 3 , back to page 2 and finally ended up staying on page 3.

super-seagulls

Soup! Why didn’t I get any Soup?
Feb 1, 2011
Probably working!
This is happening I think because the different versions of NSC have different clocks which are not synced.
So if poster a is using the original version which is a few minutes ahead of the newer version then poster b (newer version) would see poster a's quote and reply but the time poster b replied could be a minute or two before the clock on the other version.
NSC files posts chronologically according to its own clock.
Anybody following?

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
When it happened to me earlier today, the posts I quoted (before I actually posted) were timed at 2 or 3 minutes into the future (according to my PC clock).
The timings didn't alter, therefore my posts were ordered before the originals.

BTW, I'm using IE11 on Classic if it helps

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
The post times quoted on my posts were three minutes in front of the time shown on my PC, that's why I queried whether the NSC clock was running fast.

I think the problem is all to do with the NSC internal clock!

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here