Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] Wilko Johnson and Roger Daltrey.

Kent Seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Tenterden, Kent
Sounds like he was ok yesterday. I'm at the same show on Friday. Cannot wait.

Is Roger turning up as well too much to dream of? I'd love to see Wilko join Quo for Bye Bye Johnny as they both close with it normally. Really looking forward to this one!

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
After reading a little of this thread I watched a clip of Wilko talking last year then a video of Keep it to Yourself. What a great attitude to a terminal diagnosis. I've only listened to the single, but it's got a real energy. Surely Daltrey is singing in a style appropriate to the music? His voice is bound to show a little strain at times, but the whole venture reminds me of Mick Green and Johnny Kidd and the Pirates. Hope the gig lived up the anticipation.

As a public service, thought you may like to see this if you haven't already - would seem to be a better use of 90' than yesterday was.

"Please Crawl Out Your Window" - how good is that?

Daltrey - 70 earlier this month and I still wouldn't want to annoy him.
Drummer - Worthy contender for the "Max Weinberg making lots of noise with a small kit" trophy.
Wilko - what a way to bow out.
Harp/keys/bass - real music!

All of them - older than me !

Kent Seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Tenterden, Kent
What did you think? I think it was just about as perfect a gig as I can recall.

What a night! Quo really rocked and what a great set! Wilko was fantastic and wasn't the reception he got amazing? It's pretty rare for a support band to get a standing ovation like that.

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
What a night! Quo really rocked and what a great set! Wilko was fantastic and wasn't the reception he got amazing? It's pretty rare for a support band to get a standing ovation like that.

I had a ticket but I've been laid up ill for the last week and couldn't make it. How gutted am I?

Since1982

Sep 30, 2006
Burgess Hill
I had a ticket but I've been laid up ill for the last week and couldn't make it. How gutted am I?

So sorry to hear that. It wont help but Wilko was superb and Norman Watt-Roy is just a fabulous bass player. The atmosphere for Quo was like that at a really good match - loud, lots of singing, everyone on their feet. I tried to get another ticket for last night but couldn't :-(

Kent Seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Tenterden, Kent

Unlucky mate, I feel for you. You missed something a bit special. I've just ordered the CD made on the night, should be a cracking souvenir.

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
And Sonisphere on the Saturday . Cracking line up on all stages , all day . Will make an absolute point of seeing Wilko Johnson.

Should be great - he's on cracking form lately.

John Bumlick

Banned
Apr 29, 2007
here hare here
Nor me. A couple of has beens living off former glories.

But I wouldn't make a song and dance about it. :smile:

Just bare in mind that just because somebody has different tastes to your own, it doesn't necessarily follow his tastes are bad.

Just making the point that I wouldn't buy an album because someone was dying. I also wouldn't buy an album because someone USED to be good.

One day people may be able to show differences of opinions without throwing insults. Daltrey is past his best and I'll tell him as much next time I visit him.

leeloo.gif

Apr 12, 2011
Went to see Paolo Nutini at the Albert Hall a while back in aid of the Teenage Cancer Trust and they both turned up as surprised guests and played a set. Made my night.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here