Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Advantage playing tomorrow night?

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
we will get **** all from forest.....if we cant beat blackpool at home we are not going to beat forest away when the pressure is really on...! din...:lol:

Nonsense. Look at our record against the top teams this season, we've been very very good. I was far more confident about Leicester AWAY than Blackpool HOME. Yeovil is the big test.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
I reckon DISADVANTAGE.

If we win on Friday, then Bournemouth go into their match with Forest knowing that they are effectively out of it, thus reducing their incentive to get a result, and thus increasing the likelihood that Forest will be still in it on the 3rd.

(All ignoring that we still need Reading to slip up, too)

Same as last week for Boro v Reading.

There is this angle but if we win then puts pressure on team in 6th so thats best case scenario at the moment.

We will need to win at Forest regardless I suspect so what will be will be

Advantage , just

Keeping The Dream Alive.

Naming Rights
May 28, 2008
WSU
A Bournemouth-Forest draw would be the consolation prize - leaving Forest needing to beat us by 4 or so to overhaul us.

Strangely I think this is my biggest (hypothetical) worry. In that scenario you just know Forest will come out all guns blazing from the off and inevitably we will roll over and have our belly’s tickled succumbing to a 0-2 score line after 30 minutes.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patreon
Jan 3, 2012
It's all too complicated. I'll just see where we are at about 5pm on Saturday afternoon.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Definitely an advantage IF WE WIN. IF we don't, then we deserve the square root of **** all anyway.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
I reckon DISADVANTAGE.

If we win on Friday, then Bournemouth go into their match with Forest knowing that they are effectively out of it, thus reducing their incentive to get a result, and thus increasing the likelihood that Forest will be still in it on the 3rd.

Can't see that, simply because of at this moment in time Reading are the only team that can prevent us getting 6th spot. Therefore they are the only team i'm worried about. I said before the Blackpool game we needed six more points, now we need five and seeing as that is impossible, we need to win our last two games to get 6th.

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patreon
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Winston Churchill famously said: "Some see the opportunity in every difficulty and some see the difficulty in every opportunity."

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
I think I'd rather play first because then it's Reading's fault if something goes wrong, regardless of our result. I we played second or together then blame is with us. I realise this is slightly illogical, but if we lost or drew then it would be Reading's fault for not losing... If we both win then it's Reading's fault for winning. Not "glass half empty" or "glass half full"...I'm more "who's been drinking my beer".

hybrid_x

Banned
Jun 28, 2011
definately an advantage.

if we played at the same time - at half time we would find out the Reading score and be demoralised or hasty / nervous - playing before ensures we just have to go for it - and if we win it puts massive pressure on reading.

forget bournemouth and forest and the others.....it's a two horse race......until saturday 5pm when things may look different.

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
The best way to influence the situation is for the Albion to win the final two games and put pressure on the others, starting with tomorrow night. Those are the only two outcomes that are within our control.

IMHO it will go to the last game so the less we have to do at Forest the better - and would be very nice if they are already out of the reckoning.

If we can improve our goal difference enroute, that would be a bonus. The more confidence we can carry into the play offs, the better.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
One disadvantage is due to work there is less pre match drinking opportunity.

Keeping The Dream Alive.

Naming Rights
May 28, 2008
WSU
The best way to influence the situation is for the Albion to win the final two games and put pressure on the others, starting with tomorrow night. Those are the only two outcomes that are within our control.

IMHO it will go to the last game so the less we have to do at Forest the better - and would be very nice if they are already out of the reckoning.

If we can improve our goal difference enroute, that would be a bonus. The more confidence we can carry into the play offs, the better.

Imagine the binfest on here if we miss out on the play offs because of goals scored after being level on points and g.d...

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
clutching-at-straws-jpg.124386

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
I reckon DISADVANTAGE.

HOOPS is reffing the Bournemouth game so I think we can take that one as a home win

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here