Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Help] Another Problem

Boys 9d

Jan 3, 2012
Lancing
I thought there had been a qualified electrician rewiring the kitchen in the last few days?

Muhammed - I’m hard - Bruce Lee

You can't change fighters
NSC Patreon
Jul 25, 2005
on a pig farm
Brother in law who is an old time motor mechanic but will always mend something if it can be mended rather than buy new phoned and said there are 5 wires on it 1 earth, postive and negative feed and an in and out to a thermostat so it sholud be easy to sort out which is which.
WRONG.
There will be a live, a neutral and an earth.
The neutral will be linked through all the components of the cooker.
The live will be switched from the selector switch.
FFS..... stop fvcking about and get someone who knows what they’re doing have a look.
Jesus Christ.....your kitchen is an accident waiting to happen

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patreon
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
WRONG.
FFS..... stop fvcking about and get someone who knows what they’re doing have a look.

Reading this thread must be very painful for you mate.

NSC Patreon
Jul 25, 2005
on a pig farm
Reading this thread must be very painful for you mate.

Nah, let him blow himself up lol.

Seriously though, I’ve been doing what I do for 30 years.
If I need something doing to do with plumbing, who do I call?......YOU!
If he wants to get a car mechanic to fix his oven, fair play to him :)

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
WRONG.

Great post, but you know you’ll be wrong, right ?

#neverwrong

blue'n'white

Oct 5, 2005
2nd runway at Gatwick
I have tried google but my PC will not allow any of the sites to be accessible.

Malwarebytes rejects them as being unreliable with a possible virus etc.

That's because you put "Hotpoints" on it and it thinks you want to look at pics of boobies !!
Mind you if he "mended" your computer that's hardly a surprise is it now ?
For Chrissakes don't be so tight - go and get a properly qualified engineer and swallow the cost.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
If he witters on at home like he does on here I can understand the desire to just get him to shut the **** up.

Is Ben's dad or uncle on NSC? Who is it?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Hotpoint, though? Neff at least surely? (Mrs T nearly ordered Hotpoint for the new kitchen, till she looked them up and saw their safety record :facepalm:)

NSC Patreon
Jul 25, 2005
on a pig farm
Hotpoint, though? Neff at least surely? (Mrs T nearly ordered Hotpoint for the new kitchen, till she looked them up and saw their safety record :facepalm:)

In all seriousness, bloody wise choice.
Avoid like the plague mate.
Neff, Bosch are ok, but Miele all day long.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Brother in law who is an old time motor mechanic but will always mend something if it can be mended rather than buy new phoned and said there are 5 wires on it 1 earth, postive and negative feed and an in and out to a thermostat so it sholud be easy to sort out which is which.

Christ on a ****ing bike. Being able to replace a dynamo on a Morris Traveller won't get you past the front door of any modern appliance. Seriously....don't blow yourself up - on Swedeve

Spicy

We're going up.
Dec 18, 2003
London
Are you on a wind-up, or just trying to confuse BG even more. Corgi is gas - Confederation of registered GAS installers,

I would favour, though, the calling in the experts. Our oven stopped working half way through cooking a chicken a few days ago. Called someone out to look at it - took a few days but we decided we could do without an oven - and when he checked it out, confirmed there is nothing wrong with it, so it's probably the wiring to it. Cost us £60, but at least we know where we stand, when our first reaction could well have been just to order a new oven, because the existing one is quite old.

Nope I am a girl so don't know technical things like you big tough men. At least I made a suggestion instead of being sarcastic to BG.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patreon
Jan 3, 2012
Nope I am a girl so don't know technical things like you big tough men. At least I made a suggestion instead of being sarcastic to BG.

I hope you're joking. I have a wife and two grown-up daughters who would never let me forget it if I had said anything deliberately talking about the weaker sex!

And the rest of my post was trying to be constructive as well - call in the experts.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here