Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Official Running Thread

Left Back

Jan 22, 2011
Anyone above not running now is the time to say. We can add Spanish Dave, Eamon the ringer is happy to not run if need be to help the teams divide by 4. Need an update from Elton's Bro. Need to notify [MENTION=3736]Mr Banana[/MENTION] if we need his 3 runners.

6pm Wednesday Volks Railway station near Marina. Commit now to guarantee a place in a team.

Been suffering with a lot of tightness at the back of me knee (suspect it's my hamstring); been undergoing a rigorous stretch routine all week. Fitnes test @ Yesterday Worthing PR: a good warm-up and stretching followed by a slow, gentle start and everything seemed fine - I was upto my race pace by the finish.
But today I'm suffereng a bit - anytime my leg bends beyond 90 degrees means I need a lot of stretching to coax it straight again. My "sensible head" tells me that I should rest it for a bit and pull-out of the weakest-link (with a holiday only 2 weeks away, so does Mrs LB) ... but I was looking forward to the weakest link and there is a part of me thinks I'll still be able to get round fine, even if not at full pace.

The "sensible" head is just winning out so I'm going to reluctantly pull out .... (but if you do find you are just one short for a team let me know and I'll reconsider.)

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!
Any news on Lancing, they've been talking about that for about a year now.

As long as there are the volunteers to do it then more parkruns in Sussex is a good thing, i see there were 600+ at Worthing yesterday and places like Hove Park and Preston Park are so busy that you wonder how big the events can get. I see they are also opening one at East Brighton, could be interesting

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
Yes it seems to have taken a very long time to firm up the Lancing run. I'm not sure of the latest news but pending this they do lay on a 5K event similar to the parkrun concept. I've not done it so can't comment but it might be worth checking out (there're other ones dotted around the country too).

https://www.greatrunlocal.org/events/south/lancing-(sussex)/lancing-5k

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!
Any news on Lancing, they've been talking about that for about a year now.

As long as there are the volunteers to do it then more parkruns in Sussex is a good thing, i see there were 600+ at Worthing yesterday and places like Hove Park and Preston Park are so busy that you wonder how big the events can get. I see they are also opening one at East Brighton, could be interesting

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
Yes it seems to have taken a very long time to firm up the Lancing run. I'm not sure of the latest news but ending this they do lay on a 5K event similar to the parkrun concept. I've not done it so can't comment but it might be worth checking out (there's other ones dotted around the country too).

https://www.greatrunlocal.org/events/south/lancing-(sussex)/lancing-5k

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!
Windy Worthing for me yesterday in 19:58. Not a bad result at all considering it was so blowy and I couldn’t stay near sub-20 pace for most of the first half until the turn. The highlight has to be seeing Kelly Holmes in action up close. She ran the first 1.2km right next to me (she was chatting to people, I was struggling to breathe). Her plan was obviously to only go for it in short bursts because at 1.2km she just sailed off into the distance. It was genuinely awesome to see. She left our pack and seemed to be about 200m up the road in almost no time without even looking like she was trying. She then stopped at the turning point to cheerlead and I believe she crossed the line in about 26 minutes, but I worked out she must have spent about 7 minutes stationary and a fair bit more running well below her capability so she’s still got it. Based on what I saw, I reckon she’d go sub-16 still if she wanted to.

Suspect she didn't even break into a sweat!

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
One of my friends is one of the organising crew for Lancing and will be one of the core team members. I get the impression they're a little bit unsure about their course because there would be obvious pinch points and I think they're a bit worried about the numbers they could expect. There are a few things they need to work out but I believe I'll get the nod when they're going to be setting up run #1 so I'll keep you all updated!

I piled into a 90 minute steady run tonight which was enjoyable. I've been a bit low on confidence over the last week or so but I felt better out there this evening and I enjoyed the run far more than the parkrun yesterday which is probably my least favourite run of the year.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Date for your diary: Moyleman 2019 will be on 17th March. Go on, you know you all want to – and then get on the :drink::drink::drink: afterwards!

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Super Egos team is presently [MENTION=13836]deletebeepbeepbeep[/MENTION] , [MENTION=18183]big nuts[/MENTION], [MENTION=4417]The Complete Badger[/MENTION] and [MENTION=3736]Mr Banana[/MENTION]
Then we have 7 runners [MENTION=26634]Simgull[/MENTION] [MENTION=23419]penny's harmonica[/MENTION] Knocky , big nuts cousin, Eamon the ringer, Spanish Dave
[MENTION=3975]ben[/MENTION] Elton's brother

One runner short. [MENTION=3736]Mr Banana[/MENTION] what about one of your boys? We can guarantee one a place. If the other two turn up they may get a team As there are often spares floating around, if you get there early.

See you there around 6:15pm. Anyone dropping out do so now or you'll screw the teams up. Thanks [MENTION=18282]Left Back[/MENTION] for notification of injury. Wise choice I think.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
What time and where is everyone meeting? Is there storage for bags or not?

I'll come along but a bit trepidatious about being in the super ego team as I'd be happy with a sub 21 min 5k at the moment. I won't be offended if I get bumped.

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
Super Egos team is presently [MENTION=13836]deletebeepbeepbeep[/MENTION] , [MENTION=18183]big nuts[/MENTION], [MENTION=4417]The Complete Badger[/MENTION] and [MENTION=3736]Mr Banana[/MENTION]
Then we have 7 runners [MENTION=26634]Simgull[/MENTION] [MENTION=23419]penny's harmonica[/MENTION] Knocky , big nuts cousin, Eamon the ringer, Spanish Dave

One runner short. [MENTION=3736]Mr Banana[/MENTION] what about one of your boys? We can guarantee one a place. If the other two turn up they may get a team As there are often spares floating around, if you get there early.

See you there around 6:15pm. Anyone dropping out do so now or you'll screw the teams up. Thanks [MENTION=18282]Left Back[/MENTION] for notification of injury. Wise choice I think.

If you need additional runners then let me know. I can text or call several people to complete a team
If needed.

Mr Banana

Tedious chump
Aug 8, 2005
Standing in the way of control

Got you an amazing runner. Probably an 18-minute 5ker.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
What time and where is everyone meeting? Is there storage for bags or not?

I'll come along but a bit trepidatious about being in the super ego team as I'd be happy with a sub 21 min 5k at the moment. I won't be offended if I get bumped.

6:15-6.30pm grass mound opposite end of Volks Railway. You'll see 200+ runners. I'll bring a Brighton flag so you can recognise us. Near registration table. No bag storage.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Got you an amazing runner. Probably an 18-minute 5ker.

Excellent.
My managerial position is that he does not run in the Super Egos as we want a fully NSC represented team. He'll be welcome in team B and all my decisions are open to team discussion.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here