Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[TV] 24 hours in police custody

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Another cracking show tonight but my god the charges at the end were pathetic!

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

sams dad

I hate Palarse
Feb 7, 2004
The Hill of The Gun
Difficult for the Police to prove that the brothers were involved in the actual murder.
At least the poor woman finally got a decent burial.

Spicy

We're going up.
Dec 18, 2003
London
Another cracking show tonight but my god the charges at the end were pathetic!

I opened the thread thinking we would have to club together to bail you out!

Must catch this as its excellent.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
Simlly brilliant telly. Last week's episode about the moved body, and the acccused's account of events was really moving.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Solicitors are *****

TimWatt

Feb 13, 2011
Richmond
re. Solicitors are ****

Well, he may not have been charming, but he was only doing his job, and with far less glee it seemed than the forensic archeologist.

Fascinating TV, but prurient beyond belief. I hope the children referred to have had full access to proper counselling. Such a sad story but maybe its shows not all stories can be conclusive, and that the presumption of innocence has to be preserved at all costs.

DavidRyder

Jul 23, 2013
Solicitors are *****

We were watching last night and asking ourselves how solicitors can act like that one did last night. Nothing to do with getting to the truth or justice, seemed to be about being as awkward as possible. If his client was innocent, let him prove his innocence instead of the 'no comment' cobblers.

n1 gull

Jul 25, 2003
Hurstpierpoint
We were watching last night and asking ourselves how solicitors can act like that one did last night. Nothing to do with getting to the truth or justice, seemed to be about being as awkward as possible. If his client was innocent, let him prove his innocence instead of the 'no comment' cobblers.

I know what you mean but I bet his phone has been ringing off the hook today

TimWatt

Feb 13, 2011
Richmond

But without evidence (and the officers claimed they had some but nothing came of it) the only evidence they may produce would result from the interviews. Therefore it's obvious the lawyer was doing the right thing (as far as his client is concerned) to tell his client to decline to do so.

The guy he represented was awkward but also a physical wreck, with perhaps a very short life-expectancy. He was only suspected of aiding a crime, not being the perp himself but even if he was, it's unclear there would be much purpose served but him being cared for at the expense of the taxpayer at HM's pleasure.

You cannot prove a negative (eg innocence), and it is for a jury prove guilt. The judge threw out the case against his so he, as it stands, is by definition innocent, although I imagine he has the worst life imaginable, which might be the best justice achievable in the circumstances.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
But without evidence (and the officers claimed they had some but nothing came of it) the only evidence they may produce would result from the interviews. Therefore it's obvious the lawyer was doing the right thing (as far as his client is concerned) to tell his client to decline to do so.

The guy he represented was awkward but also a physical wreck, with perhaps a very short life-expectancy. He was only suspected of aiding a crime, not being the perp himself but even if he was, it's unclear there would be much purpose served but him being cared for at the expense of the taxpayer at HM's pleasure.

You cannot prove a negative (eg innocence), and it is for a jury prove guilt. The judge threw out the case against his so he, as it stands, is by definition innocent, although I imagine he has the worst life imaginable, which might be the best justice achievable in the circumstances.
The ****ing body was in his ****ing garden! How much more evidence do you want ffs!

TimWatt

Feb 13, 2011
Richmond
The ****ing body was in his ****ing garden! How much more evidence do you want ffs!

Gotta admit. That's f*&$%ing strong circumstantial evidence! You'd have thought though the police would have established cause of death, and tried to link the body someone or something forensically. But nothing like that was even mentioned.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008

You do realise the evidence and facts presently will be stongly biased towards what the documentary makers want, which is to get a reaction out of you so you'll come on the internet and talk about it and then tune in next week?

sams dad

I hate Palarse
Feb 7, 2004
The Hill of The Gun

His answer to that was to say that his alcoholism, and associated health problems, meant that, for a lot of the time, he didn’t know who was in his garden or what they were doing there.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
You do realise the evidence and facts presently will be stongly biased towards what the documentary makers want, which is to get a reaction out of you so you'll come on the internet and talk about it and then tune in next week?
I wondered when a member of the moron gang would turn up talking bollocks

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
Simlly brilliant telly. Last week's episode about the moved body, and the acccused's account of events was really moving.
I haven't seen this week's but caught up last night to this one. I said straight away that there is no public interest in sending her down unless it was to get her of drugs. Then she got two years but attended drug rehabilitation but they didn't say if she is still off it.

Felt very sorry for her.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here