Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Albion v Swansea, match REPORT [With Art]

Falmer Flutter ©

Feb 18, 2004
Petts Wood
Great work, although - sorry - it was an OG from Dunk. The shot was going wide and he diverted it in. Doesn't take anything away from another imperious performance for LD for me though.

Well yes, it's an OG in the strict technical sense in that it wouldn't have gone in without hitting Dunk, but it's not the sort of OG that's gonna feature on Danny Baker's Own Goals and Gaffes Vol 63 any time soon. To say Dunk has four OGs this season, which is what the media seem to be reveling in, makes him out to be some sort of imbecile, when in reality the guy is so desperate to stop a goal that he's prepared to throw his body on the line time and time again. That's been a huge strength of his this season, so a few unlucky deflections can easily be forgiven.

Exile

Objective but passionate
Aug 10, 2014
Well yes, it's an OG in the strict technical sense in that it wouldn't have gone in without hitting Dunk, but it's not the sort of OG that's gonna feature on Danny Baker's Own Goals and Gaffes Vol 63 any time soon. To say Dunk has four OGs this season, which is what the media seem to be reveling in, makes him out to be some sort of imbecile, when in reality the guy is so desperate to stop a goal that he's prepared to throw his body on the line time and time again. That's been a huge strength of his this season, so a few unlucky deflections can easily be forgiven.

Exactly

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Great read

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton

Richard Dunne (in his prime) and Jamie Carragher both ended up with shitloads of OGs, and both were excellent defenders. Just comes with the territory with a certain type of CB.

Exile

Objective but passionate
Aug 10, 2014
Marvellous, marvellous, marvellous! 12 out of 10. Extra marks for pertinent ARTWORK!!

A word on that...

I made a discovery - that it is very, very hard to sketch a caricature of a face that essentially IS a caricature already. It is impossible to sketch Mike, looking more smug than the reality.

Exile

Objective but passionate
Aug 10, 2014
I love your write-ups. Always accurate, but adorned with some great turns of phrase.

Tbh, they’re not always strictly accurate (see above Pascal / Davy mix-up as an example) but I make a point of writing from memory, rather than checking facts. The mood / feel is more important than the details- there’s a dozen other places you can red those! The original brief from [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] was to write from a fans perspective.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Brilliant as always :thumbsup:

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington

And if he doesn't have a go then almost certainly they would have gone in anyway? Only watched a couple of live games this season, Dunk by far our best player in both...

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Tbh, they’re not always strictly accurate (see above Pascal / Davy mix-up as an example) but I make a point of writing from memory, rather than checking facts. The mood / feel is more important than the details- there’s a dozen other places you can red those! The original brief from [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] was to write from a fans perspective.

The mood really shines through in them, and it's great that you're not a fact fetishist, but are quick to acknowledge any inaccuracies when they're pointed out.
I've said it before, and I'll do so again, you're a great writer, and your reports always a compelling read which captures the feel of the event. Much, much better than Naylor, for instance, who's a dull writer, but his analysis is pretty solid in my view.

Exile

Objective but passionate
Aug 10, 2014
The mood really shines through in them, and it's great that you're not a fact fetishist, but are quick to acknowledge any inaccuracies when they're pointed out.
I've said it before, and I'll do so again, you're a great writer, and your reports always a compelling read which captures the feel of the event. Much, much better than Naylor, for instance, who's a dull writer, but his analysis is pretty solid in my view.

That's very kind, and good to hear, as that really is the target.

Personally I think AN gets a bit of a tough ride here - he's not a bad reporter at all - but that's what he's doing isn't it - just 'reporting' - he's not trying to write prose, or seemingly to entertain.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
That's very kind, and good to hear, as that really is the target.

Personally I think AN gets a bit of a tough ride here - he's not a bad reporter at all - but that's what he's doing isn't it - just 'reporting' - he's not trying to write prose, or seemingly to entertain.

Agree with all that.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patreon
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Great report. Thank you.

Did anyone notice with the fourth goal that when Izzy squared the ball (after a lovely run ot the line) behind Locadia, Jurgen had a proper rant. Izzy's shoulders appeared to drop and he hugged the post. By then, Stephens had hit the ball back and JLo had nudge it in. All the while Jose was pretty unanimated and didn't seem to join the celebration with the others.

I know he hung back so that he didn't go offside, but he did seem put out at the tongue lashing. Anyone else spot this or am I just reading too deep?

(Having seen Jose's Instagram posts, I also wonder if he is a bit light on chums here in the UK. Time for great and the good of NSC to drop round with a stew?)

Exile

Objective but passionate
Aug 10, 2014
Great report. Thank you.

Did anyone notice with the fourth goal that when Izzy squared the ball (after a lovely run ot the line) behind Locadia, Jurgen had a proper rant. Izzy's shoulders appeared to drop and he hugged the post. By then, Stephens had hit the ball back and JLo had nudge it in. All the while Jose was pretty unanimated and didn't seem to join the celebration with the others.

I know he hung back so that he didn't go offside, but he did seem put out at the tongue lashing. Anyone else spot this or am I just reading too deep?

(Having seen Jose's Instagram posts, I also wonder if he is a bit light on chums here in the UK. Time for great and the good of NSC to drop round with a stew?)

It can’t have been a very LONG rant! The ball must have been back at Locadia’s feet, less than 3 seconds after the original cut back.

And as for mates, the BANDA SUDAMERICA of Izzy, El Galgo and Ulloa seems pretty tight.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here