Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Catering in stadiums - Target Field USA vs the Amex. Are you reading this PB ?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
wrigley-field-082614-sn-ftrjpg_1madrr2f247mo1mcy24pal96jy.jpg

Wrigley Field.

*jealous*

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
I went to AT&T park to see the Giants. It cost $124 for a ticket, decent view, far from the best though. People would throw even more hissy fits than usual if asked to pay those prices at the Amex.

In terms of catering, agree totally there was plenty of it, so long as you didn't want anything healthy, or cheap.

The reason why the queues were shorter than the Amex is that the game meanders over 4-5 hours, with no 'hard' breaks such as we have in football at half time. Consequently people eat and drink when it suits them during the game, rather that at peak times. When I go to a match I go to watch the Albion, see some friends, abuse the opponents and ideally see us win. Food and drink comes far further down my list of interests than it does for US sports fans (as can be seen be their average size).

The MLB season is 162 games long, so AT&T park is open 81 times a season, as opposed to 25 at the Amex.

The catering at the Amex isn't fantastic, but having been to most grounds in this division, it's above our peers. GIve me a Piglet's pie over the slurried shite you get elsewhere in the division any day of the week.

Surely it makes more sense to compare the Albion to the experience at Wednesday, QPR, Brentford etc, than an MLB club. The Albion recently won the award for the best matchday experience (as voted for by away fans) in the EFL, despite the pain in the arse issues of transport and so on, so I don't think it is that bad.

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
Been offline awhile due to technical problems so not read all this thread. I use the WSL bar nearest the North Stand after the game and Harveys always has to have the barrel changed. Given that there's more than 1 tap, and that they know there will be a crowd when the game ends, why can they not have that 2nd barrel up & ready to go?

It just means I turn around & walk away, another sale lost.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Yeah yeah [MENTION=70]Easy 10[/MENTION] but did you tour the Vikings stadium?

Nope. I had a good look around the outside and in the club shop, but the daily tours were sold out till November. :down:

BlockDpete

Oct 8, 2005
Just back from 2 weeks in Canada.

World Cup of Hockey was on in Toronto, so went to see Europe v Czech Rep.

Also got to see Blue Jays v Baltimore Orielos at the Rogers Center.

Can't say any more about the catering, but there was loads and quite a variety. Did see craft beer on sale at the ice hockey center (Amsterdam I think).
You could watch the baseball from the catering concourse area, which of course wouldn't happen at football.

I was impressed that the roof was closed at the Rogers Center, which got me thinking if they could do this at cricket one day.

Think I jinxed the Blue Jays as they are going got the wild card. They lost the game (last home game of the season) 0-4 and I'm not sure if they have won since.......

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
Follow: https://www.instagram.com/mlbfood/

http://m.mlb.com/cutfour/2016/07/23/191050976/national-hot-dog-day-best-hot-dogs-at-mlb-parks

The Boomstick (Globe Life Park)
Nelson Cruz may no longer be a Ranger, but the hot dog that bears his nickname is alive, well and still deeply delicious: $26 and two full feet worth of chili, cheese and grilled onions (jalapenos optional). But even that description undersells just how monumental the Boomstick is up close: https://www.instagram.com/p/BFRyWq1ruyT/

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
I went to AT&T park to see the Giants. It cost $124 for a ticket, decent view, far from the best though. People would throw even more hissy fits than usual if asked to pay those prices at the Amex.

Bloody hell. I paid $21 in total for two tickets including booking fee! Ok, I was a little way up but you must have been in the dugout![emoji106]

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Bloody hell. I paid $21 in total for two tickets including booking fee! Ok, I was a little way up but you must have been in the dugout![emoji106]

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

I paid $12 for 2 tickets at Target Field, 3rd tier up over 2nd base, marvellous panoramic view.

I paid the same 2 days later for a rearranged afternoon game (rescheduled as the previous nights game had been washed out). There were only about 2,000 people there as it was a weekday afternoon, so they closed the upper decks and said we could sit where we wanted in the premiere seats. Sat in the front row, behind the dugout, then right behind home plate, just a few feet from the action in the posh padded seats, gorgeous sunny afternoon. Bloody superb, best $12 I've ever spent.

AND I got a pic with TC Bear :clap:

DataPoint

Mar 31, 2015
This is true. But it still STINKS that we are now in 2016, with a transformed football culture and a majority of modern, well policed stadiums - and yet we're still shackled to laws that came about 25-30 years ago.

Chatting with so many american sports fans over there, both at the game and in the bars, they were universally GOBSMACKED that at a football match, we are not even allowed to have a beer in sight of the pitch over here. It just did not compute.

I'm pretty GOBSMACKED that Americans go arround with guns killing each other and that they still have capital punishment - that is if you're not dead before you even get near a court of justice. Does that compute?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I'm pretty GOBSMACKED that Americans go arround with guns killing each other and that they still have capital punishment - that is if you're not dead before you even get near a court of justice. Does that compute?

What, in the name of holy FRIG, has that got to do with discussing and comparing the catering between US and UK sports stadiums ?

I think perhaps you've inadvertently wandered into the wrong thread. Try one of the ones about Trump.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here