Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Let's talk about Palace

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
They may, but i can't for the life of me see what you're basing that on at this point in the season!? They've been garbage!

See my last post :rolleyes: I don't want to jinx a good thing with smugness.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
We were utterly fantastic, and I don't want anyone to think I'm downplaying how great our performance was, and how much our dominance stopped them from getting into their groove, but my god they were awful. With eleven men against ten they inevitably had periods of control, but when they did they barely threatened our goal. Even their best chance cleared by Bernardo (?) was a tamely hit shot that I'm confident Ryan would have had time to cover. Their shooting was awful their decision making just as bad. They were full of cynical fouls, and I think McArthur (?) must have a problem with his armpits. Every other minute he was stood with his arms out wide appealing to the ref for something or other. Soft and timid in defence.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Kit manufacturers are releasing a limited edition shirt to commemorate Palace's performance against Albion's 10 men.

palace shirt.jpg

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
We should be beating teams like Palace if we want to stay in the PL

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Also, does anyone know what happened between him and an Albion fan before the game? It’s on the BBC site but I haven’t read anything on here. I hope our man gave him an idea of what we all think of him.

Andy Naylor tweeted something about a fan being ejected for throwing a pie at him. Might be the same incident?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Andy Naylor tweeted something about a fan being ejected for throwing a pie at him. Might be the same incident?

A journalist from the Standard was trying to make a thing tonight about a banana being thrown at Zaha, It's the done thing right now or something.

As you say, it wasn't a banana but it was a pie.

Criminal.

Why waste a pie on that ****?

theboybilly

Regarding Palace generally, I don’t know if this is because we’re such a strong defensive unit or because their players are toilet (or both), but I was shocked at how clueless they were going forward. Considering they played against ten men for 70 minutes they didn’t once carve us open or get in behind. They were very lucky a rash challenge gave them their one goal as their performance deserved nothing. Did Ryan even make a save? Truly woeful. Tonight has given me fresh hope they are bad enough to go down.

Couldn't have put it better myself

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
I am by no means a bed wetter. But I was genuinely concerned about tonight.

From what I've seen o. MOTD Palace looked like a team due a big win.
I felt it might well be us.

Tonight was an eye opener. I think they made one maybe Two half chances, but that was it.
A few speculative long shots (comically awful) and that was it.

If Zaha leaves, they will be in trouble.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Not me, but I'll happily talk about this.

Let's be clear, it's a long time coming but we are now officially better than them in every conceivable way.

Better stadium
Bigger stadium
Better attendances
Better league position
Better team
Better squad
We beat them with 11 and then we beat them with 10.

And on top of that, James Tomkins proved he's nowhere near Dunk's class, Zaha showed again why he was such a flop at his stab at a big club, their expensive signings (Sakho and Meyer in particular) are shit, and they have no strength in depth.

Hopefully they will spend the week squabbling on Twitter with that floppy haired tosser who runs the club and turning once again on those chimps who think they're "ultras".

Better owner
Better manager
Better recruitment team
Better financial control
Better CEO
Better training facilities
Better infrastructure
Better ‘other’ teams
Better Academy

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Listening to BBC London on the drive home from work tonight, as Sorloth came on they said something along the lines of 'if he isn't brought on now, he might as well not be at the club'.

Well, you might as well jettison him now, as if that's your throw of the dice when 3-0 down you've got **** all chance of staying in the division, let alone winning a football match. I've seen more depth in the shallow end of a swimming pool.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I think without Cabaye and Loftus Cheek they lack quality in midfield and not having a central striker is hurting them.

Although I hate the guy I have to admit Zaha is a real threat but other than him there's no one else that I'd fancy for our team.

Not only do I think we'll finish above them but it could be by 7 or 8 points. They were never at the races tonight and although I still wince at the 2002 5-0 drubbing a big chunk of that pain has just vanished.

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
I am by no means a bed wetter. But I was genuinely concerned about tonight.

From what I've seen o. MOTD Palace looked like a team due a big win.
I felt it might well be us.

Tonight was an eye opener. I think they made one maybe Two half chances, but that was it.
A few speculative long shots (comically awful) and that was it.

If Zaha leaves, they will be in trouble.

I think Zaha leaving could be their salvation. Everything goes through him, yet he has the same attacking contribution as Shane Duffy this season (3 goals 1 assist). Every time they get the ball they're trying to play it in behind so he can either go into the box or, failing that, go down for a free kick or pen. This can work if the player you're building the team around is a Messi or Ronaldo, but it doesn't really if it's a guy that does alright one in every ten games.

If they can get £50 million for him, they should be taking it all day long to reinvest on upgrades for whoever is meant to play up front, Mcarthur, Tomkins etc.

Mind you, with their recruitment team's track record they'll end up with the French Leon Best and the Swedish Colin Hawkins to go along with the German Ryan Harley and Norwegian Billy Paynter.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here