Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] Best Punk Rock Song ?

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
For me it's about the sound and the style, so lets leave some of that indie twaddle ( Joy Division, The Fall, Comsat Angels ) at the door. Punk didn't evolve into those bands, it became much greater with the second wave of 'real punk', The Cockney Rejects, The Exploited, GBH, UK Subs ..et al.

:wozza:

loz

Apr 27, 2009
W.Sussex
I worked with Colin many years ago, and Martin from the band used to deliver stuff from the west country as well. They were really lovely people, never saw Flux but used to go and see him in the band he had at the time Hotalatio. He was so pleased that Keith Le Blanc of Tackhead had produced it and given it such a great sound. Dereck the bassist ran/runs Little Indian Records that released the Flux albums. Remember Colin would go down to BBC studiosat night and give John Peel a copy of his new releases, who would then always play them. They were still so true to the beliefs they sang about on Strive to Survive and Uncarved Block whuch were great albums. Really upset I missed them support Crass in 2008 at the Shepherds Bush Empire, for a charity do. But totally agree two brilliant albums from Flux, remember buying strive on a pay no more than 99p from Virgin Records in Queens Road.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DDmC2DfoEJU

I was lucky enough to see them a few times with Crass, Poison girls and Andy T back in the day and also saw them twice in 2008 when they reformed.. wasn't there also a 3rd album that was a very hard listen and a even harder ask at HMV :)

https://youtu.be/xXpz3D8TOTU

PFJ

Not the JPF ..splitters !
Jun 22, 2010
The Port of Noddy Holder

PFJ

Not the JPF ..splitters !
Jun 22, 2010
The Port of Noddy Holder
the bloke at the end is Lars Frederiksen from Rancid, a Millwall supporter ..... (Christ, I really need to get a life!)

Hmmmmm.... that is a bit tenuous.
I was aware of his connection to Millwall. I have seen The Old Firm Casuals a couple of times, and he has a big Millwall badge on his guitar, but I just thought that went with the image of the band being in skinhead/oi/herbert band, so I was looking at Lars at the end thinking you might have seen some Millwall tats.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here