Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
So the answer is "because its different to some people I don't like". How very mature. What a mature country.

:ffsparr:
"because its different to some people I don't like" is your interpretation, not my words at all.
I`ll add grow up to get a grip.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
That is what I am trying to find out. As it would justify the colour change beyond "I prefer x or y". Which is a stupid argument.

Really, you know the answer and you're just being evasive. Just admit that you've got your pants in a twist, you've sulked off to some unnamed country in the EU ( although I utterly don't believe you ) and you hate the UK, Brexiteers and old people.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
That is what I am trying to find out. As it would justify the colour change beyond "I prefer x or y". Which is a stupid argument.

I cant help you find out why you want the colour to be functional or what you expect the colour to do. Thats up to you. When you have let yourself know give us a shout.

Westdene Seagull

NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
Why don't people admit it is just a preference and has NOTHING to do with sovereignty?

FFS - you're the one getting all angry about it. Show me a single post on here that said it was about sovereignty ?

Westdene Seagull

NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The Tory MP I quoted for one. Its not just about people on here.

Oh OK - we all control what an MP says .... not :facepalm:

How's the weather in your unspecified EU country ? Or will you avoid that point AGAIN ?

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Why don't people admit it is just a preference and has NOTHING to do with sovereignty?

I prefer any colour v The EU colour (RAL standard 4004 Bordeaux red - violet laid down by the German Standardization Committee)……….you happy now?

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
At least you admit that its just a personal preference and it does not matter.

Personal preferences always matter to the self, otherwise what would be the point in having them, but yes ....blue,green,pink,magnolia......doesnt matter what colour it is in general, so long as it isnt EU burgundy red.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
It doesn't upset me. I just don't understand it. All I get for the reason is "it is not the colour of some of the EU ones". Thats it. I don't think that is enough to justify someones time and effort to change it.

Opens up computer,........ opens passport design programme…….looks in client brief for new passport contract....... checks brief for colour specs……clicks on colour schemes…….clicks blue.

Exhausting isn’t it.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
You know as well as I do that someone will be bring paid a stupid amount to choose the blue and design and write some tripe about it. How many times do we see it with company logos we all could have made in 5 mins?

So in essence, your whole wobbly about passports boils down to......you dont mind if they are blue either as long as the new contract to produce passports is more cost effective than the old contract..........ffs

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Who says Boaty McBoatface was daft, i thought that was superb :lol:

Cameron should have taken heed when calling an EU referendum.

Meanwhile Brexiteers obsession with passports they hardly ever use continues on here, zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Cameron should have taken heed when calling an EU referendum.

Meanwhile Brexiteers obsession with passports they hardly ever use continues on here, zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Brexiters hardly ever use their passports is perhaps one of the daftest things said on here in quite a while, and that takes some doing.............zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz indeed.

Mental Lental

Jul 5, 2003
Shiki-shi, Saitama
Plooks' attempt to engage with the Brexit dinlows on the subject of blue passports reminds me of that Mark Twain quote about arguing with idiots.....

w-argue-idiots_0.png

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
It's hilarious, apart from possibly leaving the EU in some way, shape or form, unrecognisable from what they thought they might be getting the ONLY thing Brexit has actually "achieved".so far is we get blue passports. Made in France. Made. In. ****ing. France. As symbols of sovereignty go, it's pretty ****ing shonky.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
It's hilarious, apart from possibly leaving the EU in some way, shape or form, unrecognisable from what they thought they might be getting the ONLY thing Brexit has actually "achieved".so far is we get blue passports. Made in France. Made. In. ****ing. France. As symbols of sovereignty go, it's pretty ****ing shonky.

And the best bit is they could have had blue passports all along. Muppets.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Opens up computer,........ opens passport design programme…….looks in client brief for new passport contract....... checks brief for colour specs……clicks on colour schemes…….clicks blue.

Exhausting isn’t it.

It certainly seems to have exhausting some. All that frothing at the mouth and masturbating over a blue cover takes energy.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here