Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Another US School Shooting...

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
Gunman dead, two injured.
It's not even surprising anymore, just another American shooting.

Thoughts n prayers.

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
The school resource officer shot the shooter dead. So school staff have guns now? Or is that a real dodgy school with xray machines etc and doorman with guns? ��

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
More ammunition for the NRA and Trump to push for more guns in schools then.

Like this...?

20180319_071655.png

The solution to guns in schools should not be more guns in schools!

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
More ammunition for the NRA and Trump to push for more guns in schools then.

I don't get it, would you have preferred the school resource officer to have been prohibited from carrying a firearm?

Surely then the gunman would have been able to kill countless people before he was stopped, instead he was the only fatality. Surely that's a good thing?

el punal

I don't get it, would you have preferred the school resource officer to have been prohibited from carrying a firearm?

Surely then the gunman would have been able to kill countless people before he was stopped, instead he was the only fatality. Surely that's a good thing?

Sticking plaster scenario rather than effective permanent solution which, of course, is banning guns altogether. That will never happen in the U.S. and so the sorry saga goes on and on, as common sense and logic don't even come into it.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade

I can't speak for anyone else but I'd have preferred it if the gunman had been prohibted from carrying a firearm.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
I can't speak for anyone else but I'd have preferred it if the gunman had been prohibted from carrying a firearm.

He was prohibited from shooting people, that's against the law, he still did it though.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
Sticking plaster scenario rather than effective permanent solution which, of course, is banning guns altogether. That will never happen in the U.S. and so the sorry saga goes on and on, as common sense and logic don't even come into it.

Guns are banned in this country. If a ban on guns can't prevent gun crime in this country, it would never stand a chance in the US.

Gun crime saw 6,694 recorded offences in the 12 months ending September 2017, and we have some of the strictest gun laws in the world.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/...est-england-wales-rise-increase-a8177161.html

TheJasperCo

Jan 20, 2012
Exeter
zzzzz.....

Thoughts 'n' Prayers, anyone?

Why be so glib? Whether it's gun crime in the US, knife crime in London, acid attack in Manchester, or someone dying of cancer (all of which are more frequent these days) - there's no need to be so off-hand about this. Innocent people are critically injured, and all you can do is start a discussion with "Zzzzzzz"?

I don't mean to come across as an uptight virtue signaller, but if your only reaction is (to paraphrase) "yawn, same old-same old", then what's the point in starting this topic in the first place?

el punal

Guns are banned in this country. If a ban on guns can't prevent gun crime in this country, it would never stand a chance in the US.

Gun crime saw 6,694 recorded offences in the 12 months ending September 2017, and we have some of the strictest gun laws in the world.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/...est-england-wales-rise-increase-a8177161.html

True enough. Here is one statistic among many - from March 2015 to March 2016 in the USA there were 11,004 gun related murders, in the U.K. there were 26. Nothing is ever perfect but I would rather live in our society, where gun control is probably the strictest in the world and therefore safer, than the USA where fighting gun crime means arming more people to combat it. :mad:

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
[tweet]976098588500611073[/tweet]

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
I don't mean to come across as an uptight virtue signaller, but if your only reaction is (to paraphrase) "yawn, same old-same old", then what's the point in starting this topic in the first place?

I can't talk for the OP, but for me i think it's more a damning indictment that we are becoming used to, even expecting a terrible situation such as this (and previous) to happen. They used to be massively shocking events that will stop you in your tracks. Sadly they're almost commonplace.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
It could be said that in America if you are too stupid to be armed, and someone shoots you, this is a good thing, because it lowers the snowflake count in the gene pool....the real victims are the innocent children who were forced by their school to be unarmed or (if aged under 10) be in a class with an unarmed teacher.

This mentality will prevail for quite some time. It resonates with red-necks, evangelicals and run of the mill right wing fruit cakes. Sadly it is also on the radar of those seeking the votes of said numpties and shit-bags. I shall call them scumpties.

Those seeking to be elected using the votes of the scumpties have a million and one arguments why they are right, invoking 'freedom' 'the bible' 'common sense' and other lies tailored for the audience of the moment.

I am starting to block certain people on NSC because I am bored with their shit interfering with my footall and music related fun. I encourage others to do likewise. Let the scumpties chat among themselves...

Gilliver's Travels

Peripatetic
Jul 5, 2003
Brighton Marina Village
Why be so glib? I don't mean to come across as an uptight virtue signaller, but if your only reaction is (to paraphrase) "yawn, same old-same old", then what's the point in starting this topic in the first place?
The point of the thread is, indeed, to be glib. Glib about a country with a murderous gun-dependency unparalleled anywhere else on the planet. Glib about a legislature that's cravenly beholden to the demands of bible-bashers and survivalists with brains forever stuck in the Wild West.

What a country, where people's trust in their fellow citizens is such that military-grade assault weapons are apparently needed in order for them to feel safe.

And, yes, glib about the endlessly-recycling pantomime of a few days' saturation coverage, intrusive interviews with distraught relatives, followed by unconvincing demands for change, and for action that never takes place.

It's all a sham: the world knows the Americans will never give up on their guns. Ever.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
Which makes it....OK, then.:facepalm:

Of course it doesn't make it Ok, it just makes a law banning something not actually that useful (as a method of prevention) when it comes to people who are willing to break the law.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here