Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Solly March

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
I am only singling him out because 4 times he received ball out wide and one on one with full back. Everytime passed it back or hit fullback trying to cross. Why doesnt he ever try and take full back on anymore or does he just accept they are too good

doogie004

Oct 12, 2008
wisborough green
Been one of his biggest critics has slightly improved over recent weeks due to assists but agree he never goes past defenders

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Been one of his biggest critics has slightly improved over recent weeks due to assists but agree he never goes past defenders

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Slightly...okay then. Since switching back to the wing he’s been in the top 3 players for us every game.

Cozzy

Jul 26, 2018
Grimsby
For me it is strange and I have said in a fair few times now but Solly always appears to play far better on the right than the left , his goal came when he was right of centre in the box , he was pulled down getting in from the right wing , both his best bits of the game from the right ...

sorry must be boring now me going on , just find it odd or is it just me that sees his performance as much better on the right ?

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
Imho solly is starting to show the potential we thought he had and ch clearly sees still in him. Improving all the time I reckon, just slower to do so than anticipated. Perhaps some of us expected the step up to the pl to be easier for him. Hes doing alright I reckon. You cant skin wing backs so easily in this division, ask knocky, so you adjust your game accordingly

D

Deleted member 2719

Hugely lacking in confidence which is surprising for such a fleet-footed player, but he was up against a magnificent Azpilicueta.

I do feel it has always been more of a mental thing with Solly and maybe that's why Murray was trying to boost him saying how good he is at training.

Surely the club should be working on the mental part of his game.

He is good, but I want him to be great because I think he can be, I don't want him going the Lua Lua route.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Free kick and corner right at the death were stupidly squandered, as was repeatedly failing to complete a cross past the first defender during the same period of play. Still, a rare headed goal kept us in the game when that looked far from likely, so credit where it's due.

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Free kick and corner right at the death were stupidly squandered, as was repeatedly failing to complete a cross past the first defender during the same period of play. Still, a rare headed goal kept us in the game when that looked far from likely, so credit where it's due.

Headed ??

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
He's a funny one. Solly. I think he's got great ability, but it's as if his head isn't in the right place sometimes.

He's decent more times than he's crap, so he's clearly not a lost cause. Today he just looked like a man who's dog had died and his wife had left him. He looked elsewhere.

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
For me it is strange and I have said in a fair few times now but Solly always appears to play far better on the right than the left , his goal came when he was right of centre in the box , he was pulled down getting in from the right wing , both his best bits of the game from the right ...

sorry must be boring now me going on , just find it odd or is it just me that sees his performance as much better on the right ?

I’ve been saying the exact same thing for about a year now.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
He's a funny one. Solly. I think he's got great ability, but it's as if his head isn't in the right place sometimes.

He's decent more times than he's crap, so he's clearly not a lost cause. Today he just looked like a man who's dog had died and his wife had left him. He looked elsewhere.

And speaking of [MENTION=35524]Knocky's Nose[/MENTION], seemed to take an unpunished, er, knock, courtesy of Alonso in the second half.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here