Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] 300 tickets left for Palace game

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Very much looking forward to it. It is way too stressful though. Could really do with a two goal early lead.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Palace fans I know (and reading the threads on BBS) they are near enough to a man confident they are going to beat us. They think we've been lucky with our wins and are not playing well at all.

It's amazing what a good win does to a fan, they played well on Saturday but Burnley made it very easy for them!
I also think it's because we don't have a very good record at home against them.

- Lost to them, so that they were the first team to beat us at the Amex
- Won the following season (St Patricks Massacre)
- Lost the play off semi (that REALLY hurt)
- Drew last season
- Won the reserve match in the Cup

So yeah, we've won 1 out 3 league meetings at home, so certainly a sense of trepidation going into tomorrow nights game.

(Unless I've got those figures wrong, it is from memory!)

They really weren’t the first team to beat us at the Amex. Don’t let their blindness transfer on to you...

Arkwright

Arkwright
Oct 26, 2010
Caterham, Surrey
I think the thread title is wrong, should read 300 Ticketless Palace Left Out Of Ground.

Been informed today in the merchants I work in at Caterham that a few intend to travel without tickets. Apparently they want to experience the build up and atmosphere, righto, enjoy being kettled round Brighton to the railway station, idiots.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Last minute decision to go and now Can't wait , hopefully the 12 hour round trip will be a good one both ways . :albion2:

You must be going on your own , i can't imagine anybody standing 12 hours of Perry Coma and Bing Drossby's Unmissable Christmas hits . :D

essexeagle

Jul 22, 2004
Spurs were the first team to beat us at the Amex.

Liverpool were the first team to beat us at the Amex in a competitive game.

Don't feed that myth.

What was the first League game you lost?

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
If they win, they’re still 3 points behind us. So for us, a draw would be nice, victory is just a bonus.

hertsseagull

hertsseagull
May 15, 2011
Unfortunately I cannot get to the game tonight due to work - I’ve therefore just listed four tickets in East Stand Upper on the club’s season ticket exchange (Block E2E)

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Nice to see a half page advert from the club in yesterday's Argus trying to shift the last of the tickets.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Unfortunately I cannot get to the game tonight due to work - I’ve therefore just listed four tickets in East Stand Upper on the club’s season ticket exchange (Block E2E)

Very little chance of them actually being put on sale.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Iffy weather, lots of shouting and possibly some loud fireworks :shrug:

Captured.JPG

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
235 tickets remaining if you ignore all the blocks with negative seats.

I was assuming the capacity would be reduced when I did my SFL prediction.....

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Embarrassing
Not everyone shares or even enjoys the rivalry. Why would it be embarrassing to have around 30,000 for a home match on a Tuesday night.

I remember when we only got around 15000 at home to palace in the mid eighties.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here