Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] ***Player Ratings vs Fulham***

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Ryan - 7 - Reliable as ever
Montoya - 7 - Very tidy
Bong - 6 - Hughton, quite rightly, trusts Bong as he's bloody hard to get around. His quality in the final 3rd (especially the airy, floaty crosses to 6 foot 5 goalies) I believe will cost him his place to Bernado in the next few games ... and Bernardo won't look back
Dunk - 6 - OK OK. He played a short back pass and it cost us a goal. Now estimate the number of times he's done it successfully and the keeper has been able to whack it upfield and relieve the pressure compared to Dunk conceding a throw 10 yards from the byline. I'm going to guess it's about 500 successful back passes .... for the price of 1 failure. I can live with those numbers.
Duffy - 6 - We'd really miss him if we didn't have him
Propper - 8 - My Man of the Match. He oozes .... not sure what it is ..... he just oozes
Stephens - 7 - Totally undroppable
Knockeart - 8 - Even when he's not sparkling he's putting in a shift. He did brilliantly for our first goal
March - 7 - Now Solly .... don't listen to the NSC idiots, you're quality player who deserves to be where you are. Keep running at people, keep getting in the box. That consistency of crossing and finishing will come in time
Gross - 5 - yeh, he hasn't had the same impact this season. It was a very heavy knock to run off that he took early which could explain sub par today. The Cruyff turn is still in working order, but incredibly is under serious pressure for his place
Murray - 7 - A menace... and the most natural goalscorer i've seen play for Brighton. I'll be amazed if Andone, Locadia or anyone we sign can displace him from the starting line up ... this season ... or next

All of this except Murray 8 imo.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Ryan 7

Montoya 8
Bong 6
Dunk 5
Duffy 6

Stephens 6
Propper 6
Knockaert 8
March 6

Gross 5

Murray 8

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Montoya - 7 - Very tidy
Bong - 6 - Hughton, quite rightly, trusts Bong as he's bloody hard to get around. His quality in the final 3rd (especially the airy, floaty crosses to 6 foot 5 goalies) I believe will cost him his place to Bernado in the next few games ... and Bernardo won't look back
Dunk - 6 - OK OK. He played a short back pass and it cost us a goal. Now estimate the number of times he's done it successfully and the keeper has been able to whack it upfield and relieve the pressure compared to Dunk conceding a throw 10 yards from the byline. I'm going to guess it's about 500 successful back passes .... for the price of 1 failure. I can live with those numbers.
Propper - 8 - My Man of the Match. He oozes .... not sure what it is ..... he just oozes
Knockeart - 8 - Even when he's not sparkling he's putting in a shift. He did brilliantly for our first goal
March - 7 - Now Solly .... don't listen to the NSC idiots, you're quality player who deserves to be where you are. Keep running at people, keep getting in the box. That consistency of crossing and finishing will come in time
Gross - 5 - yeh, he hasn't had the same impact this season. It was a very heavy knock to run off that he took early which could explain sub par today. The Cruyff turn is still in working order, but incredibly is under serious pressure for his place
Murray - 7 - A menace... and the most natural goalscorer i've seen play for Brighton. I'll be amazed if Andone, Locadia or anyone we sign can displace him from the starting line up ... this season ... or next

I accept what you say about Dunk's previous record but he clearly wasn't ready on Saturday. His touch was off ( he had already slightly underdone two back passes and a simple square ball to Duffy in the first half ) He had overhit some crossfield balls and got caught in possession. He was uncomfortable with Mitrovic the whole game and the warning signs were there before he made his big mistake.
This is the 7th season that Solly March has been in and around our first team squad. He is 24 and has made 125 first team appearances. That is a fair amount of experience already and I would expect a player to have reached a certain level of consistency by then. I am interested to know what your definition of ' in time ' is?

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
I accept what you say about Dunk's previous record but he clearly wasn't ready on Saturday. His touch was off ( he had already slightly underdone two back passes and a simple square ball to Duffy in the first half ) He had overhit some crossfield balls and got caught in possession. He was uncomfortable with Mitrovic the whole game and the warning signs were there before he made his big mistake.
This is the 7th season that Solly March has been in and around our first team squad. He is 24 and has made 125 first team appearances. That is a fair amount of experience already and I would expect a player to have reached a certain level of consistency by then. I am interested to know what your definition of ' in time ' is?

Sorry...edit....forgot this season....129 first team appearances.

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
Ryan 6

Montoya 9 MOTM
Duffy 5
Dunk 4
Bong 6

Knockaert 8
Stephens 6
Propper 7
March 6

Groß 4
Murray 8

Bissouma 8
Locadia 5
Jahanbakhsh 6

Thought we looked a different side, with far more threat, once Bissouma got on the pitch.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Montoya - 7 - Very tidy
Dunk - 6 - OK OK. He played a short back pass and it cost us a goal. Now estimate the number of times he's done it successfully and the keeper has been able to whack it upfield and relieve the pressure compared to Dunk conceding a throw 10 yards from the byline. I'm going to guess it's about 500 successful back passes .... for the price of 1 failure. I can live with those numbers.Wrong he didnt play the back pass

He didnt underhit the back pass because he was out muscled and pushed over by Mitrovic and failed to make the pass short or otherwise.

Fountainhead

Jan 31, 2011
Herts
The Football.London website were clearly impressed with Chris Hughton....

Fulham were put under a lot of pressure by Christ Hughton's side at the Amex but were generally comfortable in defence, and Mawson believes the backline must take responsibility...’

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
After rewatching MOTD, Ryan is being scored too high: poor keeping that he didn't push the shot out but parried it back to Mitrovic to tap in. And Bissouma nearly cost us with a cocky and unncessary flick that went to Sessignon, who almost scored at the death. I like Bissouma going forward but his control and touch can be awful and he has repeatedly given the ball away in dangerous positions in each game he's played.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
After rewatching MOTD, Ryan is being scored too high: poor keeping that he didn't push the shot out but parried it back to Mitrovic to tap in. And Bissouma nearly cost us with a cocky and unncessary flick that went to Sessignon, who almost scored at the death. I like Bissouma going forward but his control and touch can be awful and he has repeatedly given the ball away in dangerous positions in each game he's played.

Very harsh re Ryan, don’t agree at all. not from that range and 1 on 1.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here