Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Alireza Jahanbakhsh joins Feyenoord

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Nearly 9-35 AM - that’s AM!

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
That little scamp! [MENTION=267]TSB[/MENTION] thinks he’s ITK but he’s just a poor mans wedgee like [MENTION=24838]Bladders[/MENTION] #writeagain

Ha ha. There's also a tweet from Gol Bezan on the thread from yesterday evening, saying done deal, but I can't find it right now.
Never mind, Sheebs, you'll win next time. Look out for CBs.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Talking about ''Turf Moor''

Does anyone else think when they see that Burnley have signed no one that complacency may have set in with their ''over achieving'' last season and might thy regret it ?

Maybe. Alternatively it could be that they like what they have and will continue to build with continuity. Burnley are an anomaly imo. They have a unique way of working and it actually works. The close knit nature of that squad seems key to their success and it would be easy for them to be underestimated again.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Especially when our summer signings 10 years ago were Colin Hawkins (Coventry), Kevin McLeod (Colchester) and David Livermore (Hull).

How far we have come, thanks to Dick Knight and Tony Bloom :bowdown:

And our summer signings just 4 years ago included Chris O Grady, Joe Bennett, Aaron Hughes, and Danny Holla. And our opening game , which we lost, featured Shamir Fenelon up front. And I probably posted on here to keep the faith !

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Maybe. Alternatively it could be that they like what they have and will continue to build with continuity. Burnley are an anomaly imo. They have a unique way of working and it actually works. The close knit nature of that squad seems key to their success and it would be easy for them to be underestimated again.

It's a fair comment though - all their players will be a year older and teams always need reinforcements in order to strengthen. No-one will underestimate Burnley but I'd be surprised if they weren't one of the 9th-18th cluster that makes up most of the league. They won't go down, but it'll be a different club that keeps Arsenal and Everton company this time round.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
double signing with Moore or the Sheff Utd chap ?

Now that would be amazing.

So if we get this over the line we’re literally only going to be after a CB really aren’t we? 10 days or so to focus on one deal - hopefully Moore and we’ll let them have some players. It will be fun to only worry about one singing!

I do have my concerns about right back still if Bernardo is essentially a LB. Schelotto was excellent some weeks and poor others. Bruno was class but is now 107 or so - we may be light here imo.

DIFFBROOK

Really Up the Junction
Feb 3, 2005
Yorkshire
I hope this doesn't drag all day. It's my last day at work before I go to USA. I really need to do some work today. Plus I don't want to miss out on things if any announcement is made tomorrow - as I will be in the air.

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
It's a fair comment though - all their players will be a year older and teams always need reinforcements in order to strengthen. No-one will underestimate Burnley but I'd be surprised if they weren't one of the 9th-18th cluster that makes up most of the league. They won't go down, but it'll be a different club that keeps Arsenal and Everton company this time round.

Agreed. And their long season starts tomorrow at Aberdeen in the Europa League.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I’m not squabbling.

Things that were right: he did visit Lancing on Monday morning. He did complete most of his medical then. LCFC did meddle. LCFC then stepped down. The final detail was signed tonight. The embargo is lifted at 9.30.

Things that were wrong: we believed he stayed in a London hotel Monday night, that cannot be proven, and may well be wrong.

I am, truly, sorry for misleading you all so grossly.

So to clarify, we're expecting news in 25 minutes or you can be considered a lying bell-end forever?

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
So if we get this over the line we’re literally only going to be after a CB really aren’t we? 10 days or so to focus on one deal - hopefully Moore and we’ll let them have some players. It will be fun to only worry about one singing!

I do have my concerns about right back still if Bernardo is essentially a LB. Schelotto was excellent some weeks and poor others. Bruno was class but is now 107 or so - we may be light here imo.

I think we have to persevere with Schelotto. He has the potential to be terrific and fullback is such that the more you play, the more you learn the positional side of it. He's also very exciting, and I can't wait to see Ali's deft passes putting him in behind the opposition on numerous occasions.

PG

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM

Wash your mouth out young man, Bruno has at least 4 years left in him :)

Behind Enemy Lines

Jul 18, 2003
London
Compared to Palarse in their efforts, suffering from lack of funds, we are absolutely creaming it. :)

Palarse:
In: Vicente Guaita 31, free transfer
Seven departures for no money and with the prospect of loosing Wilfried Zaha, they are in deep dooda. lol

I don't think so nor do i think Zaha will leave, not this summer. Palace need a couple of midfield players and another striker but with the stability that Hodgson gives them they'll be fine. No doubt it'll be an unpopular view on here but I suspect they'll finish in the top 10.

Spanish Seagulls

Nov 18, 2007
Ladbroke Grove
Maybe they're waiting for the club shop to get the stock levels of the letter h up before announcing this singing otherwise the kids will get upset not being able to have their new heroes name on the back of their new shirts.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here