Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hillsborough verdict: Fans unlawfully killed

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
a tiny plaque, inside the club museum ..

There's a plaque on the walls of Anfield . Tributes take place on anniversaries.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...cts-39-victims-30-years-Brussels-Anfield.html

plaque.jpg

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I think that even more important than any possible manslaughter or corporate manslaughter charges being brought, will be to bring charges of perverting the course of justice against the South Yorkshire police, and maybe the West Midlands police for the cover up too.

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
It will now shift to blame of course.... in my view the FA is top of the list for allocating a Hi profile game to a stadium that didn't have a safety certificate.

2nd in line will be SWFC for hosting a game without safety certificate.

3rd will be the local council for not enforcing a safety certificate.

Only then will be some focus on Police and Ambulance... in my view they are almost victims of sorts themselves.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
It will now shift to blame of course.... in my view the FA is top of the list for allocating a Hi profile game to a stadium that didn't have a safety certificate.

Only then will be some focus on Police and Ambulance... in my view they are almost victims of sorts themselves.

I have to take issue with that statement. Not only did the police and ambulance make very wrong decisions, but the police, in particular, continued to lie, manipulate, falsify evidence and smear all football fans, in an effort to cover up those decisions. They were not sorts of victims.

lfc

Sep 2, 2011
Respect to anyone who supported the fight for Justice over the last 27 years. Its disgusting that it has taken this long but finally the truth of that day is out there.
May the 96 rest in peace.

aolstudios

Nov 30, 2011
brighton

'Sorts of victims' who were not only substantially to blame but systematically lied, altered & falsified accounts & covered it up for 27 years. They need to be in the dock. Now

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
The biggest crime here has been the cover up. Yes we all know that accidents happen and errors are made. Many times these happen and nobody dies....on this day a culture of couldn't care less coupled with errors from many areas came to a head because of the gross negligence of Duckenfield.

However, the lies, the cover up, the smears, the threats on those who tried to get to the truth. The use of an old boys network through the establishment to cover their sorry arses.... That's the worst crime here.

I have to take issue with that statement. Not only did the police and ambulance make very wrong decisions, but the police, in particular, continued to lie, manipulate, falsify evidence and smear all football fans, in an effort to cover up those decisions. They were not sorts of victims.

And continued to do so throughout this inquest despite the facts having already been established by the Hillsborough Inquiry in 2012, which in itself led the to new inquest.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
The biggest crime here has been the cover up. Yes we all know that accidents happen and errors are made. Many times these happen and nobody dies....on this day a culture of couldn't care less coupled with errors from many areas came to a head because of the gross negligence of Duckenfield.

However, the lies, the cover up, the smears, the threats on those who tried to get to the truth. The use of an old boys network through the establishment to cover their sorry arses.... That's the worst crime here.

Exactly. This is as relevant now as it was then. Not just a cover up of one agency, but a continuous, coordinated cover up across the highest levels of public service. They would have got away with it too with the tenacity of the campaign.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
Now, this may be a tangent and people can ignore, but for all the criticism people of Liverpool get for being sentimental etc, can you think of another part of Britain that could have stuck together tobwin this battle? Geordies possibly?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Now, this may be a tangent and people can ignore, but for all the criticism people of Liverpool get for being sentimental etc, can you think of another part of Britain that could have stuck together to win this battle? Geordies possibly?

Leeds. They had to stick up for their two fans who were murdered in Turkey.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Abhorrant as The Sun's pathetic lack of humility and apology on the subject has been, I can't really say the South Yorkshire Police's "unreserved apology" is actually worth jack shìt. It is 25 years too late, in which time they criminalised swathes of people, they lied, and they falsified evidence.

Without wishing a witch hunt, I really do hope the CPS look into potential criminal proceedings properly. The chief superintendent made a dreadful mistake ordering the side gates to be opened, and I accept that this decision in itself might not be considered worthy of a custodial sentence. But it is high time we found out who ordered and carried out the falsifying of statements, and the extent to which individuals were culpable for the loss of NINETY SIX lives.
HTML:

Albion 4ever

Feb 26, 2009

I absolutely 100% agree. Would rather see those in charge of the Police, Ambulance service, Local Authority, SWFC be tried for perverting the course of justice, rather than corporate manslaughter. As someone else has already written, this could have happened on any day on any of the crumbling terraces all around the country. It was an accident waiting to happen. The cover up and lies that were spread is unforgivable and they should be punished accordingly.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Abhorrant as The Sun's pathetic lack of humility and apology on the subject has been, I can't really say the South Yorkshire Police's "unreserved apology" is actually worth jack shìt. It is 25 years too late, in which time they criminalised swathes of people, they lied, and they falsified evidence.

Without wishing a witch hunt, I really do hope the CPS look into potential criminal proceedings properly. The chief superintendent made a dreadful mistake ordering the side gates to be opened, and I accept that this decision in itself might not be considered worthy of a custodial sentence. But it is high time we found out who ordered and carried out the falsifying of statements, and the extent to which individuals were culpable for the loss of NINETY SIX lives.
HTML:

I agree 27 years of cover ups and officers still parroting the party line at this inquest is ducking disgusting. Not to mention the smear campaign on those fighting for justice.

I can't help but wonder, what happens next?

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
A dignified response from Kelvin. Oh, hang on a minute...

He might have been 'duped' (that's a cop-out IMO), but as editor, he's responsible for everything that goes into the paper, especially front covers, and ones as controversial as 'The Truth'. Today (or even yesterday) would have been the perfect opportunity to say he was sorry, but he blew it. Big time.

Horrible little weasel.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/video_and_audio/headlines/36149872

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
1) You might say that the decisions wouldn't have had to be made in the first place if the game wasnt played in an unsafe stadium.

2) Cover ups, however heinous, were after the fact, not the cause.

mac04

Nov 15, 2011
RH12
Now, this may be a tangent and people can ignore, but for all the criticism people of Liverpool get for being sentimental etc, can you think of another part of Britain that could have stuck together tobwin this battle? Geordies possibly?

I honestly think that fans of any club, from any town, would have fought together in this case. It would have been so obvious to the fans in Leppings Lane that they were being blamed for something that was not their fault.

I was standing with the Forest Fans at the other end of Hillsborough. I remember remarking to my friends before kick-off that the Liverpool fans needed to spread out more at the other end as the central pens were clearly overfilled, whilst the outside pens were sparse. We were expecting a delayed kick-off while they sorted it out. It must have been very apparent to the police chief in his box overlooking the Leppings Lane pens that he needed to intervene. Having later seen the crushes at the 1981 and 1987 semi finals at Hillsborough I could not believe that this was allowed to happen. SWFC, Sheffield Council and the police could and should have seen this coming and prevented it.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
1) You might say that the decisions wouldn't have had to be made in the first place if the game wasnt played in an unsafe stadium.

2) Cover ups, however heinous, were after the fact, not the cause.

It was a police decision to put an inexperienced officer in charge that day. David Duckenfield was not up to the job. The cover ups were as bad as the unlawful killing imo.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here