Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Slaven Bilic sacked by West Ham [Moyes in]

Javeaseagull

Feb 22, 2014
Haven’t heard Gus Poyets name in the frame at all. I suppose being in China he would be off the radar while he sit’s there waiting to be paid off.
He kept Sunderland up which Moyes didn’t. Could do a job?

Bob'n'weave

Nov 18, 2016
Nr Lewes
Watching his interview after the Liverpool match, he just looked like he just didn't want to spout any more excuses and would rather just get his things and go imo.

Thats what I saw as well. Looked like he just wanted to scream, 'this is a clusterf*ck of a club, get me outta here."

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Haven’t heard Gus Poyets name in the frame at all. I suppose being in China he would be off the radar while he sit’s there waiting to be paid off.

Former Spurs & Chelsea man, Gus Poyet taking charge of West Ham? With QPR Charlie at his side. West Ham fans would go into meltdown

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
As I said in an earlier post sbout Gus the fans would love his style of play and I think that he would serve them well until his ego got the better of him. I do however think that their best hope of survival is Moyes. He took over United when Fergie knew they were on the way down similar to when Busby left, and then Sunderland who were just a basket case club badly run from top to bottom.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Their defence seems to be a shamble, I cannot work out how Billic has not managed to at least make them a bit more solid.

Did anyone notice that Hart seemed to laugh everytime he conceeded against Livepool?

Well, if he didn't laugh he would have had to cry. As others have said some of their defending was lamentable. as l think Big Sam said on Match Of the Day, one additional problem every West Ham manager has, is that their fans dont just demand that their team wins, they demand that they win playing free flowing skillfull football. The sort of style that the likes of Brooking, Hurst and Peters used to exhort back in the 1960's and 70's.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Moyes is very outdated, his race is run. West Ham will be relegated if they appoint him and they could end up being an even bigger basketcase than Moyes' last club.

I don't know about out-dated. To me, he is one of those managers who just fits a particular club at a particular time, very, very well. They move on, and the set-up isn't what they've used to, maybe they don't wield the same power, but whatever it is, they can never repeat that success. Like that Stockport manager we were trying to line up about 10 years back. He was hot property amongst lower league managers, but just couldn't do it anywhere else.

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010

He was on Talksport the other day. He seemed to suggest he had visa issues getting back into country currently. He probably had to do one for himself and one for his ego which is taking the time.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
He was on Talksport the other day. He seemed to suggest he had visa issues getting back into country currently. He probably had to do one for himself and one for his ego which is taking the time.

Throwing his laptop at the linesman during a hissy fit probably didnt do him too much good in that respect either.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
I don't know about out-dated. To me, he is one of those managers who just fits a particular club at a particular time, very, very well. They move on, and the set-up isn't what they've used to, maybe they don't wield the same power, but whatever it is, they can never repeat that success. Like that Stockport manager we were trying to line up about 10 years back. He was hot property amongst lower league managers, but just couldn't do it anywhere else.

I think he was very lucky at Everton with the players just fitting seemlessly in. Pienaar and Baines did almost all of their damage and they got very lucky with how good Cahill was for them, as well as Yakabu and some others down the years. Howard in goal was fantastic as well. I'm not saying he didn't do a good job at Everton because he clearly did but for me, he's not a good manager.

Jim Gannon was all the rage on here before we ended up with Slade, I remember that very well. At the time, Gannon looked like a brilliant and properly old school MANAGER of the whole club. I'm not sure that would have suited Tony Bloom, and in the end it's all worked out well but I remember wanting us to nab him as much as everyone else did.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Bilic is a decent manager; he'll end up somewhere good.

West Ham are going nowhere though: terrible owners, terrible team, terrible stadium, terrible fans

I just can't see that rabble being up for a fight. I'd take Lanzini, he's quality, but the rest of them look like they couldn't be bothered.

The captain is massively up for it.

Luckily, he's shit though.

lizard

Well-hung member
Jul 14, 2005
I would linterview Chris Wilder seems to know his stuff.

Totally this, if it were us needing a new manager I'd hope he'd be top of our list.
As it's Wet Sham, I'm hoping and praying for Moyes.
2 from 13 massively improves our chances over 3 from 14.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here