Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ad-blocking

Do you ad-block NSC?

• No, I don't ad block any sites

Votes: 146 56.2%
  • No, I ad block some sites but have white-listed NSC

Votes: 56 21.5%
  • Yes, I ad block NSC and if you blocked me from the site I wouldn't visit any more

Votes: 25 9.6%
  • Yes, I ad block NSC and if you blocked me from the site I would white-list NSC

Votes: 22 8.5%
  • Yes, I ad block NSC and if you blocked me from the site I would pay a small fee to go ad-free

Votes: 11 4.2%

• Total voters

Hendrax

Jan 23, 2013
Worthing
I've been quite relaxed about it before, primarily because I didn't have other options available.

That's the intention for logged in users. Three banners per page, two of which you might not even notice.

There are more ads for guests (just login!), but there shouldn't be any full-screen stuff now, although I need to make sure I keep checking the ad partners aren't being sneaky.

They shouldn't be for logged in users. The top banner was big over the weekend due to a config issue with the ad partner, but that was resolved first thing this morning.

:):)

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I may consider white listing if ads were less intrusive.

Unless you scroll to the very bottom of a page, you'll only ever see a single 728*90 banner. If that's intrusive for you, your threshold must be low.

If the site is struggling to make ends meet, then I suggest a reward/perk based subscription. Certain perks for avid users who are willing/able to donate to the community.

The ad-free option, if introduced would be exactly that. A series of functionality enhancements, one of which would be the option of using an ad-free skin.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Can we not just put the adds on a separate page? Or do they demand to be on specific pages?

The advertisers want their ads to be seen and only pay when they are. As such, a page of ads would not work very well!

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
As always signed in not bothered by the few ads that appear on NSC. I do once in a blue moon click on them.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
No but recently the main add seems to have grown in size rather a lot

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
On a Samung Galaxy S5 Neo, the ad is a pain in the arse as it loads following the content, causing the page to jolt - frustratingly causing me to click the wrong thread once the ads decide to load... all the bloody time.

No it doesn't. That only started on Friday after another change I made. Thanks for reminding me to address that now.

Well we can block ads for free already,

You won't be able to in the very near future.

I suggest you should be more imaginative than that. Even something as simple as a subscribed user badge next to their avatar, may encourage some people to donate to this community.... but the more appealing the perk, the more likely people will be to donate.

I suggest you have no idea what I'm imagining.

Saunders

Oct 1, 2017
Brighton
I dont adblock I tracker block (ghostery) and as this site is well run it means I see ads. I cant say that is the case with many other websites blocking trackers usually means that I wont see an advert on a lot of websites but so be it if they want to play that way.

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
I should have a read of the new thingy at the bottom of your page. :facepalm:

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Use Adblock; whitelist NSC. Open to other models, will await any developments before forming any conclusions about whether I'd like to change my use model. If a new offer suits me better, I'll use that. No drama here, pretty much whatever happens.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Am I alone in looking for the option that says "ad blocking?"

Ps) I like the personalised ads. Giraffe pyjamas, just what I need.

The Rivet

Aug 9, 2011
I understand the cash flow to NSC and I love this board. On the other hand I cannot stand adverts, intrusive, depressing and annoying. Especially employing tactics to avoid you turning them off, Sorry, I am going to be straight. Advert workers should be shot.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Am I alone in looking for the option that says "ad blocking?"

Ps) I like the personalised ads. Giraffe pyjamas, just what I need.

NSC doesn't have an ad blocking option, browsers add-ons can be installed that do it for you.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
(Annoying jump on page loading fixed. Sorry about that.)

Perfect.

I thought it was just my computer, being slow at loading the page etc and was just 'learning to live with it' although last night it was getting very irritating.

Cheers :thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here