Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Florin Andone (LEAVES BY MUTUAL CONSENT)

Bra

Feb 21, 2009
patcham
Too negative. With Knockaert and Izquierdo on the wings, there should at least be chances created, and that rather than an absence of strikers was the problem in the first two games.

Get what you saying to a degree but we failed to take chances at Watford and probably dropped two points with just hemed available. Pivotal day 're our chances today.

Shooting Star

Apr 29, 2011
Suffolk
I'm in the minority but I for one hope we don't make a last minute, knee-jerk big money signing today. It'll only make the season less enjoyable when all the pressure is on his shoulders and we wince at the thought of how much money he'll be on and what financial trouble the club may be in if we most likely go down. Negredo hardly helped Boro last year. I'd rather stick with Hemed up top and see if Knocky and Jose can put the ball in his path or on his head.

Then again, I am in the minority of those who don't mind if we go down and just want to enjoy this season for what it is. 3 teams have to go down, bonus if we stay up.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
I'm in the minority but I for one hope we don't make a last minute, knee-jerk big money signing today. It'll only make the season less enjoyable when all the pressure is on his shoulders and we wince at the thought of how much money he'll be on and what financial trouble the club may be in if we most likely go down. Negredo hardly helped Boro last year. I'd rather stick with Hemed up top and see if Knocky and Jose can put the ball in his path or on his head.

Then again, I am in the minority of those who don't mind if we go down and just want to enjoy this season for what it is. 3 teams have to go down, bonus if we stay up.

Negredo got 9 goals for them. We desperately need something like that.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
What is strange is that a year ago, TB said that one of the reasons selling Stephens to Burnley when they made their final offer was impossible (apart from the fact that he just didn't want to sell) was the impossibility of finding a replacement at such short notice. Yet we expect other clubs to react differently ...

Lucas Perez could be key.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford

I may be naive but I really don't think any signings will be knee-jerk. The club have said all along that our deals depend on on other deals that depend on other deals going through... If someone comes in (and I bloody hope they do) it will be someone we've been looking at for a number of weeks/months.

HCxUK

Apr 18, 2014
The BBC's David Ornstein says 'the only significant departure from Arsenal is set to see striker Lucas Perez leave just a year after joining from Deportivo la Coruna.'

Hopefully he's going back there, otherwise I fear we have little chance of signing Andone.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ;8098392 said:
You're right and you're wrong, we will be very dangerous going forwards with our quality wingers but I think it's vital to have some quality to finish off those chances. We won't get that many chances in games and we'll need to be ruthless putting the chances away.

If we are left with just Baldock (injured), Murray (might be injured) and Hemed tomorrow night I think I will feel a little rosy cheeked about our strike force.

But I'm hoping it won't come to that and at the deadline we'll be like children at Christmas, gleefully throwing mince pies at ol' Tony and chortling together on our mulled wine.

I've got some rotten tomatoes in the greenhouse as back up.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
I may be naive but I really don't think any signings will be knee-jerk. The club have said all along that our deals depend on on other deals that depend on other deals going through... If someone comes in (and I bloody hope they do) it will be someone we've been looking at for a number of weeks/months.

This. I don't believe we suddenly start scrabbling around looking for new players on deadline day, anyone we sign will be someone we've been tracking and trying to sign for a while.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla

Relegation will happen if we are left with just Hemed + 2 broken strikers to see us through to Jan 1st.

If we don't sign a striker then Tony should have kept all the money he has laid out on players this summer, as it will be to no avail.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
This. I don't believe we suddenly start scrabbling around looking for new players on deadline day, anyone we sign will be someone we've been tracking and trying to sign for a while.

Pfft, everyone knows we've just handed out flyers with STRIKER WANTED on them.

blue'n'white

Oct 5, 2005
2nd runway at Gatwick

I don't think that the club makes knee jerk signings - well not now anyway - they seem to go the other way making sure that the player will fit in and won't be a trouble maker. I don't think there's any egos in the dressing room that will upset the applecart. They seem to pursue players for some months (if not years). Or am I being hopelessly naive and FAR too trusting ???

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Relegation will happen if we are left with just Hemed + 2 broken strikers to see us through to Jan 1st.

If we don't sign a striker then Tony should have kept all the money he has laid out on players this summer, as it will be to no avail.

Except we'll have the basis of a good Championship squad and would cash in on a few players too next season if we did go down.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003

Well said.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
And be just one of twelve clubs believing they're PL ready, many of them with money.

As Barber said on BT Sport after the ManC game "STAYING IN THE PL IS EVERYTHING".

Best get those Premier League ready strikers in by midnight then, otherwise it's just hot air and waffle and I daresay he's be gone anyway if we went down.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here