Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Aleksandar Mitrovic

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Good player. In price range and age would be a good buy. Caused our centre backs far more problems then ours did

Quinney

Aug 3, 2009
Hastings
It's a no from me. We need pace up front, Mitrovic is no better than Murray or Hemed so better off spending the wedge on different type of striker.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Seasidesage

May 19, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
Why? CH has quite clearly said that we'll start the season with a 4-4-1-1 formation, citing that we'll need more solidity in the PL, which means that Baldock's opportunities will be more limited this season. Gross has been brought to play the advanced role (ACM/number 10), whereas I suspect Baldock will only come on when we change formation to 4-4-2 when chasing a game. What we need is a rapid goalscoring striker to play up-top.

Options? We need to win home games to stay up. We will probably go with 1 up front away, but we need a 2nd striker especially at home, we need someone with movement and who can create chances for others or would you want to send Hemed on if we're chasing a game? We need forward quality or are you happy with what we have? For me if we go with what we have currently we will come bottom.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Options? We need to win home games to stay up. We will probably go with 1 up front away, but we need a 2nd striker especially at home, we need someone with movement and who can create chances for others or would you want to send Hemed on if we're chasing a game? We need forward quality or are you happy with what we have? For me if we go with what we have currently we will come bottom.

Whilst l thoroughly agree that we need at least one more forward to supplement our strike force, Mitrovic isn't the man.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
We need speed and mobility up front, Mitrovic does not bring that to the table.

Javier Hernandez is about to sign for West Ham from Bayer Leverkusen for £16m. He would have been IDEAL *

* Except he wants £140,000 a week

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
I like what he does as a player, but he doesn't do it frequently enough, so no from me.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
We need speed and mobility up front, Mitrovic does not bring that to the table.

Javier Hernandez is about to sign for West Ham from Bayer Leverkusen for £16m. He would have been IDEAL *

* Except he wants £140,000 a week

13M is the release and is the mirror still the only source claiming the 140k wage?

Considering he was on 70k at leverkusen it seems a bit of a stretch to double his wages. Then again when you've got Andy Caroll on your books at 100k a week I guess it's easy to see why players might demand more.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways

Agree about the options bit, but less on the 'Baldock-rival' thing.
Again, for me the main priority is to get a quality, rapid, goalscorer to play up-top (which I did indicate in my post, but you don't seem to have registered in your penultimate sentence). Beyond that, the options I'd like to see is some combination of the following:
-- a similarly rapid lone striker, but perhaps one more oriented towards the future but one that is capable of contributing this season (i.e. someone younger, Abraham would have filled this particular bill)
-- a more mobile forward that can play across the attacking positions envisaged more as the three in a 4-2-3-1 formation
-- a right-footed winger/wide player (Grosicki would be a good option here)
-- a back-up for Gross (Brown?)

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
13M is the release and is the mirror still the only source claiming the 140k wage?

Considering he was on 70k at leverkusen it seems a bit of a stretch to double his wages. Then again when you've got Andy Caroll on your books at 100k a week I guess it's easy to see why players might demand more.

He's joining a PL club. In this day and age, if he doesn't double his wages, then his agent isn't doing his job.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
The guy has absolute bags of ability. Tall, strong, good in the air, young.

Can't see him being for us but I genuinely think he will go somewhere and score lots if made the focal point.

I agree I think he is good as well and would be a great addition. The only thing is, I don't think he has done enough recently to warrant that sort of fee. I think his problems at Newcastle might have been people like Llambias trying to influence things on the pitch or training ground because you hear things often in the papers about Rafa about to leave then all of a sudden he is staying.

So for me good player but £15m - Not too sure

Seasidesage

May 19, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
Agree about the options bit, but less on the 'Baldock-rival' thing.
Again, for me the main priority is to get a quality, rapid, goalscorer to play up-top (which I did indicate in my post, but you don't seem to have registered in your penultimate sentence). Beyond that, the options I'd like to see is some combination of the following:
-- a similarly rapid lone striker, but perhaps one more oriented towards the future but one that is capable of contributing this season (i.e. someone younger, Abraham would have filled this particular bill)
-- a more mobile forward that can play across the attacking positions envisaged more as the three in a 4-2-3-1 formation
-- a right-footed winger/wide player (Grosicki would be a good option here)
-- a back-up for Gross (Brown?)

In an ideal world I'd like a strong, quick, mobile, can hold the ball up and play off the shoulder and is a top finisher too. Trouble is so is everyone else! Those sort of guys are beyond our budget unless we can find one from left field somewhere. If we had someone like that, we could play 1 up in all circumstances but we are unlikely to be able to get one. Assuming we are going to go with one of Murray or Hemed as CF, I think we need another option to Baldock who can either come off the bench or start in home games against our immediate rivals. I like Rolan from the little I've seen of him mostly for Uruguay, not an out and out scorer but quick and has good movement. Apparently, available for £5m and a fee has been agreed with Fulham but he is stalling, hoping for a PL move.

I think he would offer us something but I'm guessing the powers that be don't!

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
He would improve the squad and adds goals which we badly need . I am not sure he is the right character for us.

Him or nothing then it's a no brainier .

We need a player like drogba was . Pace all well and good but if up top alone you need to have some serious prescence too.

So do most clubs though .

If we can't get it then we need something as we are thread bare and not good enough goals department at moment .

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here