Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Our complete list of transfer targets

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Serious question do you think that 11 is an acceptable 11 to start with against Man City?

Is it competitive 11 ? yes.
Will it be the 11 ? No ?
Is it wrong to hold out beyond Aug 12 to secure your targets ? No

Bra

Feb 21, 2009
patcham
Will it be the 11 ? No ?

Competitive at the top end of the championship without question. Premier league who knows.
One other thing why did we always assume that we haven't signed any one since we are waiting to secure our targets? We could just as easily have signed no one and be slowing ticking off our targets. No one actually knows hence the vast differing of opinions neither of which are wrong.

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
Will it be the 11 ? No ?

You didn't answer my question as to whether that is an 11 you think is acceptable for us to be starting with though.

IMO having to start a player who isn't a left back at left back and Sidwell who should provide amazing depth and experience to the squad isn't acceptable. I will be very disappointed if we don't fill that left back hole AT LEAST in time for City. Like I have said in other topics I am not worried yet, but I don't think anyone can say they'd be 100% happy with that starting 11 when City come calling.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Serious question do you think that 11 is an acceptable 11 to start with against Man City?

A bit too early to choose the first XI:

Ryan
Bruno Duffy Dunk Bong
Stephens ????
Knockaert Groß Kayal
Hemed

Subs: Mäenpää, Rosenior, Hünemeier, March, Sidwell, Murray, Baldock

Apart from the marquee striker, and cover at left back, I'm worried (nay alarmed) that we need the extra pace and strength in midfield, proposed on the left side as we are strongest on the right.

Danny Williams might have fitted the bill (I think he would) ? Mooy would not have. Gibbs's might be earning too much.

I think the better PL sides can pass around a 4-1-4-1.

Last edited:

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
You didn't answer my question as to whether that is an 11 you think is acceptable for us to be starting with though.

IMO having to start a player who isn't a left back at left back and Sidwell who should provide amazing depth and experience to the squad isn't acceptable. I will be very disappointed if we don't fill that left back hole AT LEAST in time for City. Like I have said in other topics I am not worried yet, but I don't think anyone can say they'd be 100% happy with that starting 11 when City come calling.

(Even with zero new signings) we don't have to make either of those selections, though.

...................Ryan

Bruno, Duffy, Dunk, Bong

Knockaert, Kayal, Stephens, March
.................Gross
........................Murray

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
(Even with zero new signings) we don't have to make either of those selections, though.

...................Ryan

Bruno, Duffy, Dunk, Bong

Knockaert, Kayal, Stephens, March
.................Gross
........................Murray

Exactly, and i would be staggered if we did not have another 3 new starting 11 players in by then at least.

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004

I'll answer your question. It is not acceptable. Do we have a 2nd goalkeeper yet? If not, then unacceptable. Is Bong our only true LB? Yes, so unacceptable. Is Bruno gonna cut it as our 1st choice RB? Not so sure. Is Norwood up to it as CM cover? The club don't seem to think so. Are we seriously going to start the season with only 3 strikers on our books? I hope not.

Wake up and smell the Prem coffee CJ.

Sent from my E2303 using Tapatalk

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
I'll answer your question. It is not acceptable. Do we have a 2nd goalkeeper yet? If not, then unacceptable. Is Bong our only true LB? Yes, so unacceptable. Is Bruno gonna cut it as our 1st choice RB? Not so sure. Is Norwood up to it as CM cover? The club don't seem to think so. Are we seriously going to start the season with only 3 strikers on our books? I hope not.

Wake up and smell the Prem coffee CJ.

Sent from my E2303 using Tapatalk

This is exactly what I mean. A LONG way to go yet I agree, but anybody citing that 1st XI as anything other than not unacceptable are kidding themselves.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
I'm not going to pass verdict on our season on July 7th.
Feel free to do so but its premature and and pointless.

You still haven't answered Viper's question, and I haven't 'passed verdict on our season', just pointed out that we are lagging way, way behind our rivals in the 'transfers in' stakes.
You are far too blinkered in your support for the club no matter what...

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
You still haven't answered Viper's question, and I haven't 'passed verdict on our season', just pointed out that we are lagging way, way behind our rivals in the 'transfers in' stakes.

Given they've just given us 2 of the most exciting and successful seasons in my supporting lifetime then I'm prepared to give em the benefit of the doubt.

PS I think "Transfers in" versus Huddersfield "transfers in" on July 8th is a pointless metric to prove anything about Albion' chances next season but you do so so fair enough. .

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Given they've just given us 2 of the most exciting and successful seasons in my supporting lifetime then I'm prepared to give em the benefit of the doubt.

PS I think "Transfers in" versus Huddersfield "transfers in" on July 8th is a pointless metric to prove anything about Albion' chances next season but you do so so fair enough. .

Seems fair enough..and its where i'm at.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London

I find it quite funny that you can call someone else blinkered. I can barely remember a positive comment from you. You are always moaning whatever the club are doing.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London

Exactly. I think most people would have liked maybe one or two more signings at this point but it's not the disaster some people are saying and it's the same people who moaned about transfers both the last summers when, as you say, we did pretty well in the end.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
I find it quite funny that you can call someone else blinkered. I can barely remember a positive comment from you. You are always moaning whatever the club are doing.

You are wrong... so wrong... I was positive about our first 2 signings... however, we have not only lost our 4-week head start on Hudds, we have allowed them to power into the lead on getting their squad sorted out... to repeat, fail to prepare, prepare to fail...

If you can't see this, then you are blinkered too.... and no, there's nothing funny about it...

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Exactly. I think most people would have liked maybe one or two more signings at this point but it's not the disaster some people are saying and it's the same people who moaned about transfers both the last summers when, as you say, we did pretty well in the end.

You are exactly wrong... except for the bit about most people wanting 'one or two' more signings at this point... so you are saying I'm in the majority then? And that you and CJ are club-crawling outliers? Is that right?

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
I agree we need to do some business before Man City but people who are panicking now need to get a bit of perspective.

Hudders have over paid for a number of players which is why the deals have happened quickly, personally I'd rather wait and get players who will improve our side. Can't imagine many of the players Huddersfield have signed would be an improvement on what we already have.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here