• Reading Win

Votes: 31 21.5%
  • Draw

Votes: 110 76.4%

• Total voters

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
OK, so our task is to match or better Huddersfield's result on Saturday.

If we do that, the table still looks good.

Slight danger of NSC losing it's (hive) mind tonight.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
What a cracking league this is:clap2:
It's goner be so up and down you'll be biting your nails for a couple of months :lolol:

It will go down to the last few games I'm sure and whoever makes the top two will thoroughly deserve it that's for sure....the epic season of 2016/17 never ceases to amaze me :clap2::clap2:

3 real quality sides battling with enormous pressure week after week:clap2:
Well at least someone's enjoying it.

WGull

Jan 27, 2017
I guess now if we beat reading we can almost rule then out of the race for the top 2, but the result here still isn't good.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
They have won every game in Feb! All I am saying is that posters kept saying the same last year, kept saying that Burnley will lose at some time, they didn't, not once after Xmas. The positive is that we can knock Reading out on Sat and bring it down to a 3 horse race. My concern is that out of the 3 on recent form we are the weakest of the 3.

It has been a 3 horse race for a while, ever since Hudderlona seem utterly incapable of losing, or in fact drawing games of football.

Their momentum needs to stall and it needs to stall soon.

The frustrating thing is we're not even doing much wrong, the only mistake has been allowing them a points swing by turning us over. I still think that game should have been handled much in the same way as Hull last year, for any poor souls that came along. We went for a point and were good enough to get one, likewise I think we would have been at the mcalpine.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
As others have said, Huddersfield are playing some cracking football and if they do go up automatically they will have deserved it. Hopefully it'll be with us!

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Wolves away they have to reschedule again due to the cup replay. If they beat Man City they will also have to reschedule Brentford away.

Good point. That can only help you'd think. Although whatever the outcome of our next 2 games they'll have that game in hand. 3 points from these 2 home games wouldn't be a terrible return - 4 very good - 6 dreamland IMO...

Keeping The Dream Alive.

Naming Rights
May 28, 2008
WSU
If we get past the Leeds game still 4 points clear I'll be very happy.

Our last 8 will be against teams with nothing to play for or who are in a relegation battle (don't buy the 'but they'll be fighting for their lives argument' - they're down there cos they're shit and our record against bottom teams is good). If we didn't get through that run of games with a 4 point cushion, it'd be a real shock.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Wowser

Great result for town. Terrible for reading

Well it is starting to shake out now and it is really looking like a 3 horse race...remember hudds beat Newcastle at their place earlier in the season...I still say it is in our hands and where before I wasn't bothered really about Newcastle at home as I wa more interested in the pack...this now changes the game.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Back to losing in the play off semi final.

The gaps between buying Defoe and another year in the Championship are getting shorter.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
It's goner be so up and down you'll be biting your nails for a couple of months :lolol:

It will go down to the last few games I'm sure and whoever makes the top two will thoroughly deserve it that's for sure....the epic season of 2016/17 never ceases to amaze me :clap2::clap2:

'pressure'.....its who handles it best

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach

Are you pissed? I tried to find a 'tear hair out' emoji to represent my mood but couldn't find.

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
I'm more or less terrified now. Huddersfield aren't going away so we need to win, win and win some more, which is a big ask when we have two very tough home matches come up. Four points from those games is now looking like the bare minimum. I guess we will know a lot more once the Reading, Newcastle and Honey Badger results are in.

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
We are 4 points clear of Hudds, 5 if you count the goal difference.

I know which position i'd rather be in. We are firmly in control of our situation and i am very confident we will see this out. Fancy us strongly to beat Reading too.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
I'm more or less terrified now. Huddersfield aren't going away so we need to win, win and win some more, which is a big ask when we have two very tough home matches come up. Four points from those games is now looking like the bare minimum. I guess we will know a lot more once the Reading, Newcastle and Honey Badger results are in.
Not quite. We need to match Huddersfield's results each time out ( in fact we have 4 points contingency ).

Starting on Saturday. Put anything beyond that into the 'not worth stressing over' box.

Match or better Huddersfield's result on Saturday and the table looks good.

Mannie

Jun 4, 2014
Brighton
This is all that matters. Its what we do rather than the results of others
OK, so our task is to match or better Huddersfield's result on Saturday.

If we do that, the table still looks good.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here