Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton lose 25 million 2015/2016

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
With an average attendance of 27,000 we only need to stump up another £970 each per season and we've covered it.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
With an average attendance of 27,000 we only need to stump up another £970 each per season and we've covered it.

That's a bit harsh on the ~1000 or so away fans who only have the one game a season at the AMEX to cough up their contribution - "One ticket in the away end? Certainly, Sir. That'll be £34 for the ticket and £970 admin fee please". Still, at least we won't have to have any more discussions on here about whether we should clap the away attendance any more since there won't be any...

For the avoidance of doubt - yes, of course I knew the post I'm replying to was made with tongue firmly in cheek, and, presumably, to make the point about how much TB is subsidising each and every one of us...

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
That's a bit harsh on the ~1000 or so away fans who only have the one game a season at the AMEX to cough up their contribution - "One ticket in the away end? Certainly, Sir. That'll be £34 for the ticket and £970 admin fee please". Still, at least we won't have to have any more discussions on here about whether we should clap the away attendance any more since there won't be any...

For the avoidance of doubt - yes, of course I knew the post I'm replying to was made with tongue firmly in cheek, and, presumably, to make the point about how much TB is subsidising each and every one of us...

Your logic is flawed and your maths is incorrect.

If c1000 fans per match had to pay a £970 admin fee per ticket, then we'd be receiving too much from those away fans, as the £970 is per season not per match.

Please re-work this, as I believe it may have some merit, also including cup games and the odd u-23 game which is also played at the Amex. Thanks.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Actually f*** it I'm totally wrong. Ignore me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I thought we had the problem cracked there! Only having 200 season ticket holders would be a worry!!

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel

Indeed, and like your point anyway ... "Yes, it is £1,000 BUT we have your local ale and we've changed the lighting so get on with it!"

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
I love Tony Bloom. Thank you uncle Tony...

Del Fenner

Because of Boxing Day
Sep 5, 2011
An Away Terrace
Genuine question.

If everything is in order to date, because BHA are FFP compliant, then how is that going to work out this season?

With operating losses in 2014/15 of £10.44m and in 2015/16 of £25.9m, how do you see the club achieving a 3 season aggregate loss of no more than £39m?

dsr-burnley

Aug 15, 2014
Broadly speaking:

The loss in 2015-16 was £10m
Wages + NIC went up by £7m
In 2014-15, the club sold players for about £9m (net of written down value) and this year it was only £1m
Hence, loss this year £25m.

The cost of development land is included in stock. It isn't part of the loss.
Most of the money spent on buying players (about £9m) is also not part of the loss, That money gets written down over the length of the contracts concerned, so probably about £2m-£3m per year.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Genuine question.

If everything is in order to date, because BHA are FFP compliant, then how is that going to work out this season?

With operating losses in 2014/15 of £10.44m and in 2015/16 of £25.9m, how do you see the club achieving a 3 season aggregate loss of no more than £39m?

Selling the assets.. Tony Bloom has put it on record that the squad has been kept together this season as we were so close to promotion. If it doesn't happen this season then the 'stars' will likely be jettisoned and we start again!

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
Genuine question.

This is the first of that 3-year rolling period, our loss of 10M in the previous year was under different annual regulations.

The accounts also show that the club has complied with Football League’s Financial Fair Play Rules for the period. Clubs voted to increase the level of permitted losses to £13m effective from the start of the 2015/16. Based on the operating loss adjusted for depreciation and allowable expenditure - such as our investment in our Category 1 academy - Albion will once again comply.
Read more at http://www.seagulls.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/brighton-hove-albion-3456363.aspx#OJjCIuQhwEEquvCC.99

This is basically saying that once you factor depreciation and expenditure which falls outside the regulations, that we have complied with as close to a 13M loss as possible.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Genuine question.

Because (as has already been explained to death) the loss per the accounts and the loss for FFP are not the same thing.

Del Fenner

Because of Boxing Day
Sep 5, 2011
An Away Terrace
This is the first of that 3-year rolling period, our loss of 10M in the previous year was under different annual regulations.

The accounts also show that the club has complied with Football League’s Financial Fair Play Rules for the period. Clubs voted to increase the level of permitted losses to £13m effective from the start of the 2015/16. Based on the operating loss adjusted for depreciation and allowable expenditure - such as our investment in our Category 1 academy - Albion will once again comply.
Read more at http://www.seagulls.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/brighton-hove-albion-3456363.aspx#OJjCIuQhwEEquvCC.99

This is basically saying that once you factor depreciation and expenditure which falls outside the regulations, that we have complied with as close to a 13M loss as possible.

Thank you for a most helpful answer. :)

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Hopefully not linked to Southern then!

It is good to see that Bloom continues to invest as an outside, I just hope that it keeps going and that you make the Prem within the timeframe he really wants to. I do not think he will ever demand the money back but its more that he stops digging in his pocket

The time frame has already expired. It was a 5 year plan to get to the Premiership

seagull_in_malaysia

Aug 18, 2006
Reading
Before any other fans start wading in with accusations

Regardless of this, it is a little worrying that we would be ****ed if he were to walk away right now, unlikely as it may be.

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
Genuine question.

Because the relevant part of the loss just announced is 13 million and relates to last season where the allowable loss was a one off 13 million.
This season is the first of the rolling 3 season 39 million loss so if we are still in the championship as long as the loss that counts towards ffp is within those guidelines it wont be an issue.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here