Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Who is the FLAIREST of them all? Albions FLAIREST player contest- nominations thread

Yoda

English & European
I'll give Nathan Jones and Jeff Minton a second nomination then.

Who many time did Nathan appear on "The Showboat"? (and not just because Helen had a thing for him)

Jeffrey Thompson-Minton - 32 goals in 5 seasons (once as top scorer) and once voted into the PFA Team of the year when playing in the pisshole that is Gillingham.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
This was quite a flair moment so I reckon Liam Dickenson deserves a nomination:

dickinsondrunkgirl.jpg

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Awaiting [MENTION=12101]Mellotron[/MENTION] turning up on this thread and telling people they're thick if they don't understand the meaning of flair...

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
Awaiting @Mellotron turning up on this thread and telling people they're thick if they don't understand the meaning of flair...

It's important to state right from the off that being the most skilful does NOT necessarily equate with being the most flairyest.

Guaranteed there are gonna be a large bunch of idiots* who don't understand this simple fact.

*Orca voters

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
For me Clive, I'd like to see the final 4 as;

Bas Savage
Bruno - some of the things he will attempt to do within his own box are insane. He much prefers playing attractive-looking football to actually winning
Kazenga LuaLua - the name alone is worth plenty
Paddy McCourt

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
I'm fairly certain he's never actually played for us but can I nominate Tony Bloom? I figure the following is pretty flair:

A billionaire.
Owns his hometown football club.
Built a state of the art football stadium and training ground with 150million quid of his spare cash.
Professional gambler.
Plays elite world level poker for fun.
Challenges the worlds best poker players to $500,000 games for fun.
Is a member of an elusive betting group called 'The Syndicate' which bet hundreds of millions of pounds on sport.
Has an extremely secretive and successful company which sole job appears to be to find the best bets for 'The Syndicate'.
Is just about as short as you can be before becoming a dwarf.
He loves the Albion more than any of the flairistas so far nominated.

Oct 25, 2003
I'm fairly certain he's never actually played for us but can I nominate Tony Bloom? I figure the following is pretty flair:

A billionaire.
Owns his hometown football club.
Built a state of the art football stadium and training ground with 150million quid of his spare cash.
Professional gambler.
Plays elite world level poker for fun.
Challenges the worlds best poker players to $500,000 games for fun.
Is a member of an elusive betting group called 'The Syndicate' which bet hundreds of millions of pounds on sport.
Has an extremely secretive and successful company which sole job appears to be to find the best bets for 'The Syndicate'.
Is just about as short as you can be before becoming a dwarf.
He loves the Albion more than any of the flairistas so far nominated.

Unfortunately the criteria is that they must have played at least one competitive game

Plus I reckon dick knight was more flair anyway

SeagullofMalaysia

Jan 29, 2016
Somewhere in north Malaysia
Rare nationality (Cape Verde), plus the fact that he was our only player who regularly played international matches during our years in the wild, means I'm gonna second George Santos

scousefan

Apr 26, 2009
Liverpool
For me it's clear

1. Gotsmanov -an Albion flair legend
2. Vicente - sheer (but frustrating) class on the ball
3. Knight - the all time bad boy

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here