Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Southern Rail STRIKE details

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Going to be one of those days. 7.32 canc to LB, Littlahampton and Ashford services also cancelled.

Leaflets handed out today. Journey planners will only be updated 24 hrs before date in question.

Keep safe and for those thinking of travelling maybe see if you have mates with spare rooms etc. No guarantee of getting home these days.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Leeds Matchnight Misery service on Friday will be GRIM.

I hope the Leeds fans who will be waiting overnight at Brighton station are bringing their sleeping bags.

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
Going to be one of those days. 7.32 canc to LB, Littlahampton and Ashford services also cancelled.

Leaflets handed out today. Journey planners will only be updated 24 hrs before date in question.

Keep safe and for those thinking of travelling maybe see if you have mates with spare rooms etc. No guarantee of getting home these days.

Well - it's Monday and quite cold. How could we possibly expect trains to be running on time today??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Marty___Mcfly

I see your wicked plan - I’m a junglist.
Sep 14, 2011
[MENTION=2422]Tony Meolas Loan Spell[/MENTION]

View attachment 79876

I had an interesting journey back from East Croydon last night- the train arrived about 5 mins late but got later as we went along the journey. As we pulled in the Brighton a weary driver advised that the further delays were due to speed limits and congestion, and made a point of advising that we had arrived 19 minutes late! I took that to be his way of advising us all to apply for our 25% refunds!

Not sure how aware the general public is they can make these refund claims for shorter delays..

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
5.46 and 6.04 cancelled this morning (again) and 6.15 was 15 mins late due to a malingering layabout that overslept (or 'awaiting train crew' as they describe it)

Marty___Mcfly

I see your wicked plan - I’m a junglist.
Sep 14, 2011
I had an interesting journey back from East Croydon last night- the train arrived about 5 mins late but got later as we went along the journey. As we pulled in the Brighton a weary driver advised that the further delays were due to speed limits and congestion, and made a point of advising that we had arrived 19 minutes late! I took that to be his way of advising us all to apply for our 25% refunds!

Not sure how aware the general public is they can make these refund claims for shorter delays..

Oh my bad- doesn't kick in until the 11th of December? Don't know how they have got away with not introducing it immediately..

8ff39796cdcb5323d5c05fe91c31de25.jpg

Albion 4ever

Feb 26, 2009
Leeds Matchnight Misery service on Friday will be GRIM.

I hope the Leeds fans who will be waiting overnight at Brighton station are bringing their sleeping bags.

I know the club have added the Sainsbury's Park & Ride, but surely they have got to think about doing the extra P&R again, especially for supporters coming from the East?

National Rail Enquiries website is showing disruption expected on Friday, despite the strike being over.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
I know the club have added the Sainsbury's Park & Ride, but surely they have got to think about doing the extra P&R again, especially for supporters coming from the East?

National Rail Enquiries website is showing disruption expected on Friday, despite the strike being over.

Its the drivers work to rule thats also not helping. No guarantee of anything from tomorow onwards...until further notice.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest

I never understood how there is congestion when there are LESS trains. One of lifes mysteries.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Victoria was very quiet this morning. Even my train into VIC had spare seats in the front carriage which is normally rammed.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

Disruption is expected 'daily until further notice'.....

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
If you can, it's worth getting to the ground on thursday. That hotel can't come soon enough.

halbpro

Jan 25, 2012
Brighton
Yes, in order to prevent a service from being cancelled. This is quite a useful way to help commuters, you know, get home to see their families before children go to bed etc.

So Ernest's argument above about DOO not helping delays doesn't add up.

DOO in some circumstances may lead to a delay of a couple of minutes if a driver has to do this procedure. Whereas currently if a train crew is not available the whole train can't run. Which is worse?

I didn't say it was a negative, just pointing out that there's a very good reason not to believe that there will always be a member of staff on the train.

I don't understand why conductors and drivers can't work as a unit though? Surely that would make everything a lot simpler. They work the same trains for the whole of their shifts and then if a conductor is sick it would, I'd imagine, be easier to resolve, as you can try and find someone to work the whole shift.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
A broken rail between East Croydon and Gatwick Airport is causing disruption to journeys between these stations. Train services running through these stations may be cancelled, delayed by up to 20 mins or revised. Disruption is expected until 13:00 05/12.

Yoda

English & European
A broken rail between East Croydon and Gatwick Airport is causing disruption to journeys between these stations. Train services running through these stations may be cancelled, delayed by up to 20 mins or revised. Disruption is expected until 13:00 05/12.

Knowing SASTA, that will still be happening until at least 19:00

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here