Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Pulis v Palace - The Judgement

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Really can't be arsed to read all that shit. Can you highlight the main bits?

I really would recommend you find the time to read it.
Pulis asked for, and was given, £2,000,000 bonus early after he promised to stay. Next day he resigned.
Read 14 onwards. 'HPM' was a heated (angry) meeting with the players on 12 August (day bonus was paid) between Pulis and the players and this meeting was the reason for leaving on the 13th.
But all records show the meeting was on the 8th.

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
It's all in the attachment . Basically he wanted the £2 m bonus paid early so he could buy his daughter some land and he left the next day . He stated the reason he left was he had a heated discussion with the squad the day before but this was proved to be about 5 days earlier so again he lied . Why he appealed after losing the original case I just don't know .

Thanks, That is mental. However if it was a survival bonus then what was the problem? Seems off that he didn't ride it out till he was paid and then naff off.

Seems a bit of a plonker that he would push it so far that he ended up with such an insanely high fine. Would he even have that much to pay it?

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
Thanks, That is mental. However if it was a survival bonus then what was the problem? Seems off that he didn't ride it out till he was paid and then naff off.

Seems a bit of a plonker that he would push it so far that he ended up with such an insanely high fine. Would he even have that much to pay it?

If he left it 2 weeks he would have got away with it , stupidity in the extreme .

highflyer

Jan 21, 2016
All allegiances, jokes about hairdressers, and comments on previous administration aside, well done Steve Parish.

Are there similarities with what happened with Poyet? Seems like some managers expect to have their huge salaries and bonus payments as a right, but still be able to move on whenever they want with no sense of loyalty to club, fans or players.

Nice to see clubs standing their ground when managers start to act like twats.

I await correction from those that know better, as I don't fully understand what really went on and can't be bothered to read all that legal language in detail

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Couldn't give a monkeys about this case. All I know is slowly but surely this squalid little club are getting a good dose of Karma, long may it continue

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla

I don't believe it was as clear cut as simply being a survival bonus and perhaps it relied on him still being manager on the agreed payment date.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here