Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Farage for Ambassador

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
May must be sick of him. I wonder if the government will relent and give him the job. After all, they will want to suck up to Trump and the new order.

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
image.jpg
Well qualified

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Farage would love that.. All those party's with free drinks and Ferrero Rocher's thrown in.

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
I have 3 questions-

Do USA Presidents get to choose OUR ambassadors?

Isnt the position filled, already?

How much $$$ Did Furrage raise for the Dumpster, to get tapped up for this?

No, but they did try to influence the referendum, which was a far greater decision then plonking in some posh dude in a swanky Washington apartment .......

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Maybe we should cut a deal? Trump can have Farage and we get Rich Hall for US ambassador... At least he talks sense.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
If Trump is so keen on Farage being an Ambassador, he should make him the U S Trade Ambassador to the UK.

topbanana36

Dec 29, 2007
New Zealand
The right of politics is popular I see. Time to wake up from our slumber, the western world is changing. Nigel Farage is known to President elect, is liked by President elect and it would make perfect sense to send someone who actually gets on with President elect to build bridges and be an ambassador.

highflyer

Jan 21, 2016
The right of politics is popular I see. Time to wake up from our slumber, the western world is changing. Nigel Farage is known to President elect, is liked by President elect and it would make perfect sense to send someone who actually gets on with President elect to build bridges and be an ambassador.

Time to wake from our slumber indeed and realise that we cannot pretend this is 'normal'. This is facism in the making. It is pathetic to see our government trying to pretend we can keep our (entirely one sided) 'special relationship' and try to suck up to this souless, greedy lying man. This is what has been 'awakened': by Trump.
https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2016/11/richard-spencer-speech-npi/508379/

Has Trump attempted to disown or distance himself from these people? I haven;t seen any evidence and indeed it seems that he has moved himself deliberately closer.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
That way Trump gets a poodle to push around as he sees fit. Everyone can see Nigel is C@@@struck by Donald.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

First of all, he has to join the Diplomatic Corps, then work his way up. He might be ready by the time he is 95.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade

Trump is going to be an absolute disaster. I can't see the guy lasting four years without a major incident, it's just a toss up which one it'll be. Will the government system in Washington collapse under a weight of unsuitable and inexperienced appointments? Will Russia incur in to a NATO country? Will a guy who's been involved in over 3500 lawsuits in his life survive four years without getting impeached?

And as for this idea that he's some kind of maverick seeking only to "drain the swamp" and defend ordinary people, well, guess what his first demand that Farage carries out on the UK was? That's right, the removal of an "eyesore" wind farm from near to one of his Scottish golf courses. This report from that well known home of Pinko liberalism The Express. http://www.express.co.uk/news/politics/734195/Donald-trump-Nigel-Farage-Scottish-wind-farms

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
Trump is going to be an absolute disaster. I can't see the guy lasting four years without a major incident, it's just a toss up which one it'll be. Will the government system in Washington collapse under a weight of unsuitable and inexperienced appointments? Will Russia incur in to a NATO country? Will a guy who's been involved in over 3500 lawsuits in his life survive four years without getting impeached?

And as for this idea that he's some kind of maverick seeking only to "drain the swamp" and defend ordinary people, well, guess what his first demand that Farage carries out on the UK was? That's right, the removal of an "eyesore" wind farm from near to one of his Scottish golf courses. This report from that well known home of Pinko liberalism The Express. http://www.express.co.uk/news/politics/734195/Donald-trump-Nigel-Farage-Scottish-wind-farms
Do you mean encroach ?

topbanana36

Dec 29, 2007
New Zealand

Ordinary people like rich land owners who make serious amounts of money by having wind turbines on their land.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
That way Trump gets a poodle to push around as he sees fit. Everyone can see Nigel is C@@@struck by Donald.

No change there then.

They say "Jump!", we say "How high?".

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here