Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

V Huddersfield

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
We have to win tomorrow night.
Show our intent to win games, no faffing about anymore, get the players to play the way as per the start of the season, and win.
I am tired of hearing excuses about the players not performing, they have a great chance to play for a good club and drag us to where we belong.
There are teams in the Championship who are happy to just plod through the season and settle for an average finish.
Albion I'm afraid are not one of them.
We came very close last season, no there are no reasons why we cannot finish in the top two at the end of this campaign.
I'm signed up long term for this adventure.
Are you? :) :albion2:

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
We need 9 points from Huddersfield, Burton and Barnsley so we stay in touch with the top before 2 tricky aways.

Bigtomfu

Jul 25, 2003
Harrow
It's going to be even harder than Saturday but with the right team - Stephens for Norwood, Baldock for Hemed and possibly Skalak for Murphy/Goldson for Duffy - then we have a chance.

Let's get the bloody ball in the box for Glender to get on the end of!

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
Need a keeper change too, as well as 3/4 outfield changes.

Rosenior is such an underrated player and a huge blow to the squad losing him.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
If I were drafted in today I would stick with Stockdale, and bring in Stephens, Skalak & Elvis for Norwood, Murphy & Hemed.

I would also install a jacuzzi and a Moet fridge in my office.

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
If we lose can almost certainly write off a top 2 place as would be 11 points behind with less than 40 games left (and hudders would have already had villa, Newcastle and Brighton away).

Newcastle will end up with about 100 points too.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
Need a keeper change too, as well as 3/4 outfield changes.

Rosenior is such an underrated player and a huge blow to the squad losing him.

I think people forget how he played right midfield for a large part of our unbeaten run last season. A huge part of our success was having a really hard working team and that includes Baldock/Hemed up front.

I wouldn't for one second suggest he should be there now ahead of Knockaert, that would be madness, AK took us to another level, but I was just a little concerned after Saturday that we as fans perhaps rock up expecting to win when last season we had battle and scap for every point. We did so well because we were an excellent team who worked hard for each other and had great combinations all other the park.

I thought on Saturday, AK just wonders everywhere, which is fine, he's a talent, but that leaves Bruno a bit more exposed. We obviously miss Stephens when he doesn't play and Murray, as good a goal getter as he is, doesn't put in the same shift as a Hemed/Baldock combination (not that that was available to us on Saturday). I hope we don't forget how we did so well last season and become arrogant by thinking we're just better than other teams. It's fine margins in this league.

I'm seriously worried about Huddersfield. We looked so suspect on the break and Huddersfield will give us far more to worry about than Hogan. I'm hoping Stephens comes back into the side and Goldson comes in for Duffy.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Huddersfield are on fire at the moment, so I'm not expecting us to win. I will be there, and I won't be writing off the season, should we fail to win.
All I ask is that the team turn up, and play their best. Losing to a better team is not a disgrace.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
We need to get back to the high tempo play where we don't give the opposition time on the ball. We did not play with any intensity on Saturday.

We also need to forget about playing Hemed and Murray, play one or the other and tell them to play like centre forwards. Murray seemed to think he was a winger. We should have enough quality from the wings to give either one of them ammunition in the box.

Just the sort of game we win. Table toppers come here at their peril :smile:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Huddersfield are on fire at the moment, so I'm not expecting us to win. I will be there, and I won't be writing off the season, should we fail to win.
All I ask is that the team turn up, and play their best. Losing to a better team is not a disgrace.

Isnt that what CH said in his post match interview Brentford were the better team. so no disgrace to lose to them.

Gully Forever

May 9, 2011
I'm signed up long term for this adventure.
Are you? :) :albion2:

Yes, But I didn't realise it would take more then 34 years, (last time i watched them in top flight)

and 83-95 I watching them in div 2 (now Championship)

I Wonder how many on here would keep going to watch week in and week out, If they knew now, That brighton wouldn't reach top flight for over 30 Years.
Live in hope, Die in despair my Gran always said.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
I think people forget how he played right midfield for a large part of our unbeaten run last season. A huge part of our success was having a really hard working team and that includes Baldock/Hemed up front.

I wouldn't for one second suggest he should be there now ahead of Knockaert, that would be madness, AK took us to another level, but I was just a little concerned after Saturday that we as fans perhaps rock up expecting to win when last season we had battle and scap for every point. We did so well because we were an excellent team who worked hard for each other and had great combinations all other the park.

I thought on Saturday, AK just wonders everywhere, which is fine, he's a talent, but that leaves Bruno a bit more exposed. We obviously miss Stephens when he doesn't play and Murray, as good a goal getter as he is, doesn't put in the same shift as a Hemed/Baldock combination (not that that was available to us on Saturday). I hope we don't forget how we did so well last season and become arrogant by thinking we're just better than other teams. It's fine margins in this league.

I'm seriously worried about Huddersfield. We looked so suspect on the break and Huddersfield will give us far more to worry about than Hogan. I'm hoping Stephens comes back into the side and Goldson comes in for Duffy.

Yup the combination of Duffy/Norwood/Knockaert really left Bruno exposed.

Stephens & Goldson should cure that.

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
Seven starts at RM until Bong got injured and he took over at LB? - pretty large part...........

Looking it up, it was 10 games (8 starts) and we won 6 of them. He was available for 18 games before getting injured.

If you're picking me up on getting something wrong I apologise for commenting and offering a point of view.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
We need 9 points from Huddersfield, Burton and Barnsley so we stay in touch with the top before 2 tricky aways.

Nine points from those three games will be a tough ask, particularly after the way we played on Saturday. No game in the Championship is easy as we all know.

Frankly I'd probably settle for five. Huddersfield are top of the table and are on fire at the moment, and winning at Burton will be far from easy too. Maybe a point from each of them?, and a win against Barnsley? It's a long old season remember, and still early days..

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Looking it up, it was 10 games (8 starts) and we won 6 of them. He was available for 18 games before getting injured.

If you're picking me up on getting something wrong I apologise for commenting and offering a point of view.
OK, eight starts (not seven!) - and he was substituted after an hour or so in at least two of those! Not denying he did it well - it just wasn't a 'large part' of the season.

Rosenior was very good last season, but mostly at left back.

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
OK, eight starts (not seven!). Not denying he did it well - it just wasn't a 'large part' of the season.

Rosenior was very good last season, but mostly at left back.

I didn't say large part of the season but a large part of the unbeaten run until losing to Boro. Fair enough 10 games from 21 (5 of which he didn't play) is perhaps not even large by that scale either but what I was trying to say was that it helped launch and played a decent part in setting the foundations for our season. The confidence grew and we got better as the season progressed and Liam played his part in that by doing a solid job for us at right mid early in the season. I'm not suggesting (when fit) we should be looking to play him there now. It's just an observation as to how I think momentum and perhaps earning the right to play are built up over the course of a season. I don't want to over react to a bad result, so I'm not even agreeing with myself here, I'm just pondering whether we might need to go back to basics/foundations a little bit. Just a thought, not a bold claim.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I didn't say large part of the season but a large part of the unbeaten run until losing to Boro. Fair enough 10 games from 21 (5 of which he didn't play) is perhaps not even large by that scale either but what I was trying to say was that it helped launch and played a decent part in setting the foundations for our season. The confidence grew and we got better as the season progressed and Liam played his part in that by doing a solid job for us at right mid early in the season. I'm not suggesting (when fit) we should be looking to play him there now. It's just an observation as to how I think momentum and perhaps earning the right to play are built up over the course of a season. I don't want to over react to a bad result, so I'm not even agreeing with myself here, I'm just pondering whether we might need to go back to basics/foundations a little bit. Just a thought, not a bold claim.
Fair enough, if you're linking it to our first unbeaten run rather than the whole season. I get what you were saying - he was useful to us there at that time. Significantly though, he was never linked with that position again after the arrivals of Knocky and Skalak in January. Think that now they're here, if CH wants to take off an attacker or AM to shore things up with an extra DM, Sidwell or Norwood will get the job rather than LM.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here