Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Southend Utd v Brighton & Hove Albion U23s Roots Hall Checkatrade Trophy 30th Aug 19.45 ko

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Goldson and Uwe in squad.

March unlikely to feature.
( oh no, he's OFF to Southampton :jester: ).

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
EFL retweeted a Checkatrade disciplinary rules change issued at 21:23 last night (Mon 29th)

I could be wrong but i think it means that if a player was sent off in a league game they would still be able to play in The checkatrade Cup , found this below .

Any EFL or Premier League player who is serving a ban or is set to serve a suspension for a yellow or red card offence will be eligible to play in this week’s opening group games in the Checkatrade Trophy.

New disciplinary rules for the revamped cup competition mean that cautions and sending-offs are exclusive to the tournament and in normal circumstances won’t affect other EFL or Premier League fixtures.

Following consultation between the EFL and Premier League, The Football Association approved the proposed amendments to the discipline regulations last week which now sees the Checkatrade Trophy as a standalone first-team competition.

The new rules come into force this week as the new structure gets under way with 48 League One and League Two sides starting their campaigns along with 16 invited Category One teams.
Read more at http://www.efl.com/news/article/201...les-in-place-3279215.aspx#dcgdvUmK3LOo4ocX.99

Marty McFly

Seagulls Over Canada
Aug 19, 2006
La Pêche, Quebec
It's not on BBC Sussex, but I reckon it might be on Seagulls Player. It has to be on something tonight at least. I find it strange why BBC Sussex is not covering this. We all pay our licence fee.

BBC Essex is doing the match, but if you don't live in that area you can't listen to it online through BBC Essex.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/bbcessex/programmes/schedules

Thanks bud - I'll keep an eye on both clubs' respective websites.

sllugaes

Dec 15, 2012
Southend are better away from home at present. A draw at 12/5 should tempt a few.
I take it the draw bet is only at 90 minutes, as the game is at the group stage penalties will decide an eventual winner. There has to be a winner on the night - correct?
To be fair, there are very few of the 80-odd grounds I've been to where someone hasn't shouted ****ing queer or similar at me.

Sent from my G7-L01 using Tapatalk

phoenix

May 18, 2009
To be fair, there are very few of the 80-odd grounds I've been to where someone hasn't shouted ****ing queer or similar at me.

Try not wearing your hair curlers in future!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here