Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

BBC radio Sussex and The Premiership...

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
If.... If......

We did get promoted unto thee promised land of the Premiership would that then signal the end of radio commentary of Albion matches by BBC Sussex ?

Just wondered...

I'm not tempting fate at all in anyway, just asking a hypothetical question.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Be a shame if there was no BBC Sussex commentary, BUT you would be able to watch most, if not all, online

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
I think it would continue. When I lived in Liverpool, Liverpool and Everton were always on local radio.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
I don't really like rugby union, so I couldn't give a toss, but, hopefully they would still broadcast our games in the Premier League

Gary1

Oct 25, 2013
Why would it be the end of the radio commentary out of interest. Is it down to contractual rights? If it is surely the BBC have rights to Premier League games so shouldn't be a problem

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
Why would it be the end of the radio commentary out of interest. Is it down to contractual rights? If it is surely the BBC have rights to Premier League games so shouldn't be a problem
Not all of them - TalkSport get some don't they, I think the evening games on Saturday and one on Sunday are usually not on 5Live (if only none of the Sunday games were, then I'd be spared Alan Green. Now I've just realised that if we do get promoted I might have to listen to Green commentating on the Albion, which is a bit depressing).

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I presume this also means the club can ditch the piss poor website forced on them by the FL?

TheJasperCo

Jan 20, 2012
Exeter
Here in Newcastle they're always playing the Geordies' matches on the local radio station. I walk past the speakers on full whack while walking through the indoor market on the weekends. Would guess it'll be the same for BHA and Radio Sussex.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
If.... If......

We did get promoted unto thee promised land of the Premiership would that then signal the end of radio commentary of Albion matches by BBC Sussex ?

Just wondered...

I'm not tempting fate at all in anyway, just asking a hypothetical question.

We will never be promoted to the premiership therefore there is no need to worry.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
My understanding is that clears the club from the collective deal if we get promoted.

So what I think will happen is this.

All games will be available on local radio as now but not online.

Outside of the area all games will be available via the club site as a cost - but they free are organise that themselves or employ the services of the existing provider.

Probably the cheapest option is to take the BBC feed. The club don't have to pay the local BBC. The local BBC get to broadcast it locally on the agreement the club can utilise it via the web.

Radio 5 Live and Talksport (plus possible others) would also pick up the odd game and broadcast nationally "for free".

So not much change beyond the fact that high profile games will be available nationally on the radio.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
Happy days. At least you'd be able to listen on T'internet. Bye Bye Warren✋

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

I'm rather fond of Warren now! Talks a lot of sense at times, shame.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here