Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Rotherham boss says he is best in the Championship

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
Rotherham United boss Neil Warnock has said he believes he is the best manager in the Championship.

The 67-year-old took charge of the Millers in February after Neil Redfearn was sacked and has guided them towards a position of safety.

Warnock has been promoted to the top flight three times in his career.

"I don't think there is anybody else who can touch me at this level. My record is as good as anybody's,"*he told BBC Radio Sheffield."

:facepalm:

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
He's probably not wrong though is he?

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Rotherham United boss Neil Warnock has said he believes he is the best manager in the Championship.

The 67-year-old took charge of the Millers in February after Neil Redfearn was sacked and has guided them towards a position of safety.

Warnock has been promoted to the top flight three times in his career.

"I don't think there is anybody else who can touch me at this level. My record is as good as anybody's,"*he told BBC Radio Sheffield."

:facepalm:

They still loathe him at palace which makes me a big fan of his work.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
He has dragged Rotherham out of trouble single handedly and they were truly, truly shit for 3/4 of this season.

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
What he has done there, from where they were when he joined, with that budget and team, it is a miracle.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
I find Colin extremely likeable, and I really don't think you can argue with his record. Outside of the top division of football he has been a manager for something like 25 years now and there haven't been many stretches where he hasn't had a notable success.

I wouldn't want him here, but I very much like the fact that he is a part of the football landscape.

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
It has been incredible what he has done down there.

To the extent that i wouldn't be surprised to see them 'do a Leicester' and push for playoffs next season after only just escaping relegation this.

He has got them playing well against any club and that cannot be understated. Would I like him here? - No. I just don't like him for some reason

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jan 3, 2012
So he doesn't live up to his anagrammatic nick-name, then.

Can't argue with what his record, but I am happy with who we have! Mr H has also "done it at this level".

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
It has been incredible what he has done down there.

To the extent that i wouldn't be surprised to see them 'do a Leicester' and push for playoffs next season after only just escaping relegation this.

He has got them playing well against any club and that cannot be understated. Would I like him here? - No. I just don't like him for some reason

Surely no more incredible than what Hughton has done for us? We were 21st in the league when he came in and he steered us to safety last season, and now we are pushing for automatic promotion having already guaranteed a play off spot.

Last edited:

grummitts gloves

Dec 30, 2008
West Sussex, la,la,la
I don't know, but which clubs/squads has he under-achieved with in the premier league? Is it his ability, or that the clubs weren't competitive?

I'd say his spells with Sheffield United & Palace were under achievements. That Sheffield United squad shouldn't have gone down. Admittedly it was only goal difference that relegated them, but I don't think he's cut out for Premier League management.

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
Sorry, the man that was responsible for the Battle of Bramall Lane should never be considered for the Brighton job.

I like to think we now play football a certain way (excepting Sami's brief interlude) - bringing Warnock in would be like putting a dinosaur in charge!

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here