Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

South Coast Leviathans...

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Is it possible that, for the first time, there will be three South Coast EPL clubs?

With Bournemouth ( who?), Southampton and Brighton in the top tier perhaps we can finally move on from our association with the Croydon jester boys and look forward instead to steaming through sleepy Bournemouth and the skate.

We can keep some sort of morbid interest in the arson clowns of dulwich, obvs. But rivalry? It is beneath us.

Bigtomfu

Jul 25, 2003
Harrow
Great use of the word LEVIATHAN. Definitely the preferred nom de plume for any South Coast sea dwelling club.

Would be great to see but no one will eclipse the Croydonites for me with regards our serious rivals.

We do owe Saints though. The penalty 5 yards outside the box still rankles with me.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
What with the twisted firestarters in the decline and Albion bestriding the earth like a colussus surely Palace could become like a despised pervy uncle who is tolerated with great reservation.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I always regarded Portsmouth as the real rivals until the internet goons of croydon arrived on the scene.

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
I agree always thought Portsmouth as rivals before Palace thought we would a push over and they came down for a pre season friendly and caused mayhem and started the tit for tat games.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Great use of the word LEVIATHAN. Definitely the preferred nom de plume for any South Coast sea dwelling club.

Would be great to see but no one will eclipse the Croydonites for me with regards our serious rivals.

The Ziz up the rail line needs a broken wing. The five penaties needs to be equalled at the very least.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patreon
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
I always regarded Portsmouth as the real rivals until the internet goons of croydon arrived on the scene.

You are not alone on this, there's quite a few of us on here who have what I describe as a sickening hatred towards PFC. Would I want Palace to go bust? No of course I wouldn't. Portsmouth on the other hand hell yeah.

LU7 RED

Nov 5, 2010
Leighton Buzzard
Is it possible that, for the first time, there will be three South Coast EPL clubs?

With Bournemouth ( who?), Southampton and Brighton in the top tier perhaps we can finally move on from our association with the Croydon jester boys and look forward instead to steaming through sleepy Bournemouth and the skate.

We can keep some sort of morbid interest in the arson clowns of dulwich, obvs. But rivalry? It is beneath us.

'Who' are on current form the bestest team on the south coast. Sleepy Bournemouth? 30 years late with that one pal...

Seriously though - would be great. If you got up I know you'd want someone more glam, but Brighton v Bournemouth on a steaming hot day in August would be great to kick off your first PL season. IF we stay up!

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
'Who' are on current form the bestest team on the south coast. Sleepy Bournemouth? 30 years late with that one pal...

Seriously though - would be great. If you got up I know you'd want someone more glam, but Brighton v Bournemouth on a steaming hot day in August would be great to kick off your first PL season. IF we stay up!

You're what...8 clear of the drop with ten to play and woeful villa, toon and blunderland in the mix? Don't be so gloomy.

LU7 RED

Nov 5, 2010
Leighton Buzzard
You're what...8 clear of the drop with ten to play and woeful villa, toon and blunderland in the mix? Don't be so gloomy.

Perhaps....but when has a proper lower league fan been that optimistic? SHOULD be OK - three more wins (41 points) should do it, although we may only need two and a few draws. Seems so close now.....

My Name Is Gully

May 9, 2008
Dorset
steaming through sleepy Bournemouth and the skate.

Just to offer some help (takes on a slight high tone voice with a touch of condescension and patronising manner) - it is Portsmouth that are referred to as "Pompey Skate" not Southampton; Southampton are referred to as "The Scummers".
Neither of which is important as to both of them we are just competitive rivals only and not footballing enemies.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
All the London clubs are closer to us than Southampton, and Bournemouth is even more distant. To have a pretend rivalry with either just because we are close to the same bit of water makes no sense. You might as well suggest that Norwich and Sunderland are East Coast rivals.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here