Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

No point removing Hyypia

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
If he goes Mullery as caretaker for 2 weeks, rather than Jones. Probably wouldnt be that long only a couple of days to finalise a deal with the new man, who TB must be thinking about and possibly enquiring about now.

Mullery is a legend, but if you think he's the right man to be caretaker manager you're crazy.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
before Derby, we are going to get beat and it may as well be the dead man walking taking that result than a new guy.

Also no point in sacking him until we have the new man, I REALLY hope Bloom has learnt that lesson now from the last two summers..... I'd rather Hyypia in role for a few more weeks than f'ing Jones.

In fairness if it takes Tony Bloom as long to decide on sacking a manager as he does appointing one I'd say Hyypia is safe until the spring, By the time he gets around to appointing a new one the season will be over anyway so your right we might as well stick with Hyypia.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
As I have said it should only be for a matter of a few days and probably not include a game. So whoever it is doesnt matter and is pretty irrelevant to the future, what it would do is ensure NJ went as well..

tomfitz12

CTRL+W to change this
Nov 25, 2012
southwick
Explain to me exactly why he would be a shit appontment

I honestly don't feel he would be the right appointment for the club. Reading aside, hes not had amazing success, hes not that exciting, and he almost definitely isn't a step forward for our club. ofcourse he would be better than hypia- at least he'd struggle to be worst. but in the great scheme of things there are plenty of people who have his sort of record that are far more enticing for me personally.

ofcourse you think differently but this is my personal opinion

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
Exactly how do you think we are going to have a new man in place before sacking Hyypia? Look at Spurs last season, they were a laughing stock when it was common knowledge that Sherwood was not staying and Spurs were touting for a new man. No doubt we'll will put feelers out with agents but I wouldn't be surprised if they haven't already done that.

Although it's clearly the case in some instances, I don't see us going behind Hyypia's back either. Feelers via intermediaries, sure, a secure replacement? No chance. If, and if it's a BIG if, Hyypia is sacked, we'll be lucky to have a new man in by Christmas...

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Isnt it like your car playing up and you are thinking about possible change so you look and ask about before finally making a decision one way or the other, to stick with and repair the old one or get a new one.

loz

Apr 27, 2009
W.Sussex
Sky Sports understands Brighton Under 21 boss Simon Ireland is in the frame for the vacant manager's job at his former club Mansfield Town.

Mansfield are searching for a new manager after Paul Cox stepped down last Friday following three-and-a-half years at Field Mill.

Former Stags midfielder Ireland is thought to be under consideration for the role after impressing during his time in charge of Brighton's Under 21s.

Ireland took charge of Brighton's U21s in August 2013 and his attractive, attacking style of football has earned him a lot of admirers

The 43-year-old old has a reputation for helping develop young players having helped bring through the likes of Solly March, Rohan Ince and Lewis Dunk into the Brighton first-team.

Ireland would be a popular choice at Mansfield as he is a big fans' favourite at the club having made 85 appearances for the side during a four-year spell, including scoring the winning goal in a League Cup clash against Leeds.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Last year we doubled the Champions Leicester comfortably. Got absolutely no hope off pulling a result like that out of the bag with this clown in charge. Think sat will be our first thumping this season. Lets face it we haven't been on the end of a hiding this season yet which is the only credit Hyypia can take.

Rather get rid now to start cracking on with the manager search. I wouldn't even hang about there either. Get Brian McDermott down here

Can you imagine the abuse he would get on here for being dull and uninspiring. He wouldn't stand a chance in hell of becoming a fans favourite.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Can you imagine the abuse he would get on here for being dull and uninspiring. He wouldn't stand a chance in hell of becoming a fans favourite.

Proven record of success at this level, knows the division inside out and he knows how to organise a team to get results.

Ticks the boxes for me. I'm not after an extrovert sideshow who's entertaining in interviews, I just want someone who can come in and sort this mess out. There's enough in this squad for us to be comfortably midtable, if Bloom doesn't leave it too long.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here