Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] So Mike Dean...what did you think

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I'll wait to see it on MotD, but looked like Abrahams was in full Meadowlark Lemon mode before their goal.

Abrahams thanking Dean for the assist :whistle:

IMG_0474.jpg

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
Their goal was definately handball, followed by a very high foot, so it could have been stopped on either count.
The penalty was a pen but Muzza played for it and the defender got caught hook line and sinker.
From the upper East, right in line, Knocky's disallowed goal went straight in. We didnt think Muzza touched it so why was it disallowed for offside. It wasnt the The Complete and Utter Shysters fault though, he only followed the linos flag.
Be interesting to hear any views from people lower down and in line, did Muzza get a touch?

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Guardian summed it up best -
'This was a curiously disjointed game for long spells, frustration growing at some points in the stands after missed chances and a series of minor but unfavourable refereeing decisions. Indeed, the home fans gave referee Dean a standing ovation when one did go in their favour: as a man who tends to shirk attention, he was presumably very embarrassed."
https://www.theguardian.com/football/2018/feb/24/brighton-swansea-premier-league-match-report

Seriously? He was very clearly grinning when the loud, ironic cheers went up.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
So The Complete And Utter Shyster...what did you think
Overall, including his assistants, I thought it was a poor performance.

I haven't seen replays of the decisions, so maybe I'm wrong, I'm a lot further from the action than them, but it didn't look good.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Their goal was definately handball, followed by a very high foot, so it could have been stopped on either count.
The penalty was a pen but Muzza played for it and the defender got caught hook line and sinker.
From the upper East, right in line, Knocky's disallowed goal went straight in. We didnt think Muzza touched it so why was it disallowed for offside. It wasnt the The Complete and Utter Shysters fault though, he only followed the linos flag.
Be interesting to hear any views from people lower down and in line, did Muzza get a touch?

From the NS right in line with the flight of the ball IMO Murray did not touch the ball 100%, in fact it looked like his foot was no where near it.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
If he was being a complete and utter then you could say he had a case for sending Murray off after that exuberant celebration post his 2nd goal given he was on a booking. (he didn't)
he also got the penalty right (blatant), the offside goal right (it was offside) and had a go at playing advantage a few times. The standing ovation was pantomime stuff. Don't blame him for taking it in good spirit. Serves us right. He loves all that shit.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
If he was being a complete and utter then you could say he had a case for sending Murray off after that exuberant celebration post his 2nd goal given he was on a booking. (he didn't)
he also got the penalty right (blatant), the offside goal right (it was offside) and had a go at playing advantage a few times. The standing ovation was pantomime stuff. Don't blame him for taking it in good spirit. Serves us right. He loves all that shit.

This.

Sep 30, 2006
Up in the Gods
He awarded Swansea 17 free kicks to our 6. Some were ridiculously soft such as against Gross in the 1st half in the centre circle for what can only be described as "jumping up next to an opponent". On another occasion he ignored a blatant barge by Ayew in the 2nd half which sent our player (Bong?) flying, then within 5 minutes he ignored a similar barge on Knockhaert near the half way line.

I can accept a shit ref if they are consistently shit. But Dean was ridiculously inconsistent.

OK he awarded us a penalty. But he also missed / ignored the Abraham handball.

We won despite Dean.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here