Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Justin Trudeau, Really ?

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
No, the correct term is also mankind. It's in the dictionary.

End of.

Mankind is only outdated if you're the kind of **** who takes everything so literally in life just to find offence.

Happy to be that ****.

Except that the only offence here appears to be coming in the other direction. I merely pointed to a more correct term for the human collective and you called me **** (whatever that was).

What offends you about a term being made more collective and appropriate ?

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
I often find if it's a situation where Fox News and Piers Morgan feel outraged, then I probably couldn't care less.

The formula has worked once again.

i dont think anyone outraged , i was just pointing ouf what a berk he is , his father loved the birds as well , if i recall correctly his mum was a bit of a sort as well.

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
Reading that article just taught me a new word, "mansplaining". Am I leading a sheltered life or is it in common usage? Been in use since 2008 apparently. Unfortunately my wife has also just learnt that word so I believe it's a word I'm going to be hearing a lot more often from now on.

Basically a ridiculous term that if you are male you cannot possibly explain something to someone. Of course, no woman has ever explained her view to a male or interrupted or talked over a man in the history of all time.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
Happy to be that ****.

Except that the only offence here appears to be coming in the other direction. I merely pointed to a more correct term for the human collective and you called me **** (whatever that was).

What offends you about a term being made more collective and appropriate ?

There is no "more correct".

Mankind is completely correct when talking about humanity.

Or do you want to change using the word humanity too because it has "man" in it?

That's the problem with these people who want to change everything for change sake. You give them an inch and they take a mile of stupidity and ludicrousness.

Where does their ridiculousness stop if it goes unchallenged?

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
There is no "more correct".

Mankind is completely correct when talking about humanity.

Or do you want to change using the word humanity too because it has "man" in it?

That's the problem with these people who want to change everything for change sake. You give them an inch and they take a mile of stupidity and ludicrousness.

Where does their ridiculousness stop if it goes unchallenged?

Australia :shrug:

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Wow more stuff for the permanently outraged to get offended by.

Do you go searching for this stuff or does it fall into your lap ???

Was just thinking exactly the same. Never mind "fake news" how about "not news in any way shape or form".

The irony of the REAL MEN (scared, stupid, right wing bigots) getting their knickers in a twist over a few words. Grow a pair and stop getting outraged about EVERYTHING. That's how everyone else is supposed to roll, right? It was either a shit joke or Trudeau playing to the crowd, either way who gives a toss?

And ah diddums Piers you utter, UTTER ****. Wish they'd put him in Elon Musk's car.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
The correct term is 'humankind'. So he's got it wrong there. Humankind is not a new word and needs no new teaching. 'Mankind' is slightly outdated and nods to an exclusive and archaic view of humanity.

The usual detractors are in though. The ones that appear on columns about the rights of individuals such as transgender, race, religion etc. You know, the Jurassic Set.

Yeah but one small step for a human, one giant leap for humankind doesn't have the same ring to it.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Reading that article just taught me a new word, "mansplaining". Am I leading a sheltered life or is it in common usage? Been in use since 2008 apparently. Unfortunately my wife has also just learnt that word so I believe it's a word I'm going to be hearing a lot more often from now on.

My female friend told me about "mansplaining" last year, as I'd never heard the word before. You might say she "womansplained" it to me.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Such a small, tiny, insignificant issue. It's not even an issue, it's a comment that came and went.

Of far more significance is the fact that Piers Morgan is a colossal c*nt.

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
Ok, I read it but still don't really understand what went on?:shrug:
Was he patronising to a woman who started to ramble about stuff most blokes know or care so little about, or was he deflecting from the fact that as soon as she used the word 'maternal', he was staring at her tits?
I don't profess to know or care what goes on inside a woman's head or why she would open herself up to ridicule by speaking when not asked to.
I miss the olden days when PC correctness was knowing the name of your personal concubine:rolleyes:

I think it's perfectly fine to find the whole encounter rubbish.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Yeah but one small step for a human, one giant leap for humankind doesn't have the same ring to it.

Of course it doesn't as it wasn't what was said. If it was, however, you would know no different.

Thecoffeecake

Oct 10, 2017
Philadelphia
**** Trudeau. He's paraded as some savior leftist when his favorite things are promoting fossil fuel use and blowing up civilians in Yemen. And Canadians eat that shit right out of his hand and are like "dur hur you guys r trump". Canada is the same neoliberal hell America is, but somehow they get a pass for being a shithole and we don't.

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
Wow more stuff for the permanently outraged to get offended by.

Do you go searching for this stuff or does it fall into your lap ???

It certainly seems that way doesn’t it? Utterly pathetic.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
Such a small, tiny, insignificant issue. It's not even an issue, it's a comment that came and went.

Of far more significance is the fact that Piers Morgan is a colossal c*nt.

Wrong.

It's another example of this weak gutted populist fraud of a PM pandering to left wing bullshit.

See Bill C-16 and the horse shit that is and how it represents Canada losing it's collective mind.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here