Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
From today's FT:

The Brexiters’ assumption has always been that they will impose on the rest of us their Elizabethan fantasies of a buccaneering England restored to global pre-eminence. As the cheerleaders for departure, they assumed they could set its terms. Now they find that parliament wants its say. They can wreck Mrs May’s plans, but lack the votes to carry their own. Their rage is palpable. Stalemate could yet see Britain staying in.

Tick-tock [we might not be leaving].

Rees-Mogg looks a bit snookered :lolol:

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
I didn't say it wasn't, hence I choose in terms of reputability who and what I read, rather like the choice of my daily newspaper being The Times rather than The Sun for example.

Ah,the voice of reason and common sense!

Well,apart from the dig at the Sun,Great Britain's favourite newspaper!:)

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Once again you are both presenting a possibility as fact. It says they might be needed, but only if the UK and EU don't agree to mutually recognise licences.

Where exactly am I presenting a press release by The Road Haulage Association, concerned that the White Paper doesn't go far enough to address their concerns, as being a fact of what will happen?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Let me be very clear and repeat what i have said on here before. I am not against those that oppose Brexit, i am against those who are against brexit who will try to stop the democratic vote being enacted.

You keep repeating this tiresome comment. But how do you think us Remainers are trying to stop Brexit being enacted? Is it via force, revolution, gun point? No, it’s via the legal, lawful and democratic procedures and processes which are available to us.....the very same legal, lawful and democratic procedures and processes which you are no doubt glad the U.K. got back? We’re allowed and entitled to do this.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
It really isn't. You clearly haven't read the exchange leading up to that comment.

pastafarian (in his usual unintelligent and intolerant way) was insisting that Jacob Rees-Mogg "is just pushing for the Brexit that was voted for". Even many Brexit voters would take issue with that, and is what hkfc was arguing against.

Jacob Rees-Mogg is a dangerous parliamentarian who has decided that Brexit means HIS definition of Brexit, and goes whinging to the right-wing press whenever anybody dares disagree with him. This is the bloke who uses filibustering as a means of ensuring democracy isn't seen through when it suits him.

At the end of the day,Brexit STILL means Brexit,not remain.Possibly you could give an example of these 'many Brexit voters'.Are they on Twitter?:lolol:

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
[MENTION=21401]pastafarian[/MENTION]. Take a break, you’re been owned by numerous people over the past few days. Maybe some time away will be beneficial to you?

:lolol: Dream on sunshine,idiots like thunder bolt cant even conjure up a reply when their bullshit is exposed.
But talking of time away......

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
why disappoint on the truth.....its project fear

That's as may be, but you need to appreciate that I value your opinion on what is the truth and what is project fear as being somewhere between irrelevant and inconsequential.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
True, true.

So which of the six Brexits listed by HKFC did it mean then?

They are just figments of his imagination,a bit like brain farts,which will vanish in the breeze of fresh Brexit air as we Leave the fetid stench of the EU behind us!

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
You keep repeating this tiresome comment. But how do you think us Remainers are trying to stop Brexit being enacted? Is it via force, revolution, gun point? No, it’s via the legal, lawful and democratic procedures and processes which are available to us.....the very same legal, lawful and democratic procedures and processes which you are no doubt glad the U.K. got back? We’re allowed and entitled to do this.

yep you said it, you are trying to thwart the democratic vote from being enacted.
Thanks for your honesty weasel

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Let me be very clear and repeat what i have said on here before. I am not against those that oppose Brexit, i am against those who are against brexit who will try to stop the democratic vote being enacted.There is nothing wrong with being unhappy at the vote.
I have said a number of times, if you are against brexit then campaign to rejoin after we have left. This is the correct path of democracy, it respects the vote tp leave and respects the vote to try and rejoin at a later date. It will sit much better with the country and put an end to this divisiveness. The remoaners though are refusing to do this, they risk a complete breakdown of parliamentary accountability by their current methods........the consequences of that are very grave indeed. They really are playing with fire.

I see - so it's one rule for LibDems who are expected to get right behind Brexit now despite it being a shambles - and one for Farage who is allowed to say - completely unchallenged by you - that the referendum result would have meant nothing had it been 52-48 the other way.

Hypocrite.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
At the end of the day,Brexit STILL means Brexit,not remain.Possibly you could give an example of these 'many Brexit voters'.Are they on Twitter?:lolol:

Er, hilarious I'm sure.

Meanwhile, you've completely ignored how that whole exchange came about. hkfc was rallying against the weasel-hypocrite in chief [MENTION=21401]pastafarian[/MENTION] insisting that Jacob Rees Mogg was campaigning for the Brexit that was voted for.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
yep you said it, you are trying to thwart the democratic vote from being enacted.
Thanks for your honesty weasel

Welcome to democracy, thicko.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
All worth it though. [MENTION=21401]pastafarian[/MENTION] and his mates have got their country back.

Yeah all worth it, sterling goes sub 1.3 on USD for first time since last September.

Better hope we're on a run of decent summers now, for many overseas holidays will soon be out of reach

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Oh and what is your opinion on Nigel Farage? You know, this fella:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-eu-referendum-36306681

Opinion on Nigel Farage? If you insist.
Without him Brexit would not have happened. Brits like a plucky underdog. The vitriolic campaign to smash him into silence spectacularly backfired and helped brexit happen too. Anyone who was ever a part of that knock down should give themselves a big pat on the back. Brexit salutes you.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Opinion on Nigel Farage? If you insist.
Without him Brexit would not have happened. Brits like a plucky underdog. The vitriolic campaign to smash him into silence spectacularly backfired and helped brexit happen too. Anyone who was ever a part of that knock down should give themselves a big pat on the back. Brexit salutes you.
Yep, as previously mentioned, you really are a weasel and even worse, a complete hypocrite.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Read a very interesting prediction of the future last night,where all countries were in groups forced to exist by over-population and natural resources.The EU no longer existed as it had no natural resources,like Japan,and the countries had fallen into alliances with Russia,Africa,China,and India.Great Britain was in the Atlantic alliance with the US and Canada.So all this EU stuff won't last much longer anyway,as they are nett importers.No rare earths,no gold,silver,or uranium,no diamonds.As the rest of the world catches up in industrial output,no future.Bye-bye EU.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here