Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] ITV England World Cup Finals Coverage

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Does this mean that if we get to the semi then that will be on both channels as well? I'd be "over the moon Clive" if I know that I don't have to listen to him and Glen again.

boik

I think Hoddle gets a rough ride on here. Certainly he does say some fairly pointless things, but every now and then he shows his tactical acumen, which is a lot more interesting than listening to the biggest football pundit simpleton ever, Andy Townsend, or one or two of ITV's crap commentary team.

Not surprisingly, Hoddle is being mis-used. He should be on the panel giving his take on where things are going right and wrong. Ideally in that thick misogynistic bore Patrice Evra's place.

I tend to agree. Hoddle spots patterns of play early and normally has good suggestions for how to correct issues. Unfortunately his role on ITV is mainly to just make inane chit chat. He should only be used for tactical analysis.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
I tend to agree. Hoddle spots patterns of play early and normally has good suggestions for how to correct issues. Unfortunately his role on ITV is mainly to just make inane chit chat. He should only be used for tactical analysis.
Agree. Nobody could ever doubt that Hoddle was very good technically and tactically as a player and a manager. It's just that he's shit at everything else. Including speaking English properly. [emoji23]

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Don't get too excited both BBC and ITV are showing the game live.

Sweden game is on BBC1. ITV had the first two picks of the second round, in return the BBC gets the first two picks of the quarter finals. ITV get the first pick of the semi-finals. Therefore, if we be beat Sweden, it will almost certainly be on ITV.

Bugger.
Oh well, lets just cross that bridge if we come to it.

But as usual, the viewing figures will show that 90% of people are watching the BBC, and the rest of them are watching Countdown on Channel 4. Therefore I don't think we can count this as an ITV game.

I'm not sure why ITV even bother trying to go head to head with the BBC when it comes to football.

Fine by my provided I don't have to watch ITV. Could have punched Tyldsley in the face last night.

That'll be:

29M watching BBC
1M watching ITV because they love adverts

I think it's only on the BBC. A Google search cannot find any reference to ITV also having live coverage ... Just that BBC had first pick of the QFs.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/44704751

ALL CHANGE

I was totally wrong, but my Sky planner was showing both BBC and ITV showing the game, now updated, and for those that don't want to watch the football they can watch a repeat of Midsomer Murders and the Chase.

I blame that I was still too excited from the penalty shootout win to double check.

Still on the plus side, its NOt on ITV so our chances of going through have increased

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
ALL CHANGE

I was totally wrong, but my Sky planner was showing both BBC and ITV showing the game, now updated, and for those that don't want to watch the football they can watch a repeat of Midsomer Murders and the Chase.

I blame that I was still too excited from the penalty shootout win to double check.

Still on the plus side, its NOt on ITV so our chances of going through have increased
Oh ****. Does that mean that if we win Twatface Tyldsley and "Them People" Glen get the semi final? [emoji33]

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I tend to agree. Hoddle spots patterns of play early doors and normally has good suggestions for how to correct issues. Unfortunately his role on ITV is mainly to just make inane chit chat. He should only be used for tactical analysis.

Edited for you punk:

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
WTF is the miserable git, walked away from a world cup, Roy Keane doing on there? What possible attributes does a dour Irishman have for tonight!?

And god that ITV studio design is like an interior design course freshers week snakebite on special puke fest. I f***ing hate ITV!!!

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
WTF is the miserable git, walked away from a world cup, Roy Keane doing on there? What possible attributes does a dour Irishman have for tonight!?

And god that ITV studio design is like an interior design course freshers week snakebite on special puke fest. I f***ing hate ITV!!!

Keane in the studio and Giggs pitch side.......obvious choices for an England game.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here