Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] 08.10.1990

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Oh what the hell:-

R-386326-1282798204.jpeg.jpg

This was/is just too good to be ignored.

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
October 1990.

I was 19 years old, banging a stunning 24 year old blonde haired, married, woman (just split up from her 30 year old husband). Well out of my depth. I had a brand new Ford Fiesta (new shape, Mk3), I had a great job with lots of money in my pocket, and my Mum lived in Cheshire so I used to get the train into Manchester at every opportunity to buy the latest 'Madchester' records. I used to go clubbing in Manchester, and as my friend played for United I never paid a penny for drinks or admission.

Happy, happy days... Brilliant music, everyone had money, great times were always had.

:clap2:

I've always said that I'll be sitting in a pool of piss in a nursing home when I'm 90, but I'll still have my memories so I won't care. However, knowing my luck - I'll get Alzheimers. :annoyed:

Mr Banana

Tedious chump
Aug 8, 2005
Standing in the way of control
No way.

Bloomin 'eck, that's depressing.

Still struggling to believe this was more than three years ago. The best night Worthing has ever seen. Wasnae sure whether to go, got back to Brighton 16 hours later.

[yt]5yZyQjMEpSM[/yt]

theboybilly

October 1990.

I was 19 years old, banging a stunning 24 year old blonde haired, married, woman (just split up from her 30 year old husband). Well out of my depth. I had a brand new Ford Fiesta (new shape, Mk3), I had a great job with lots of money in my pocket, and my Mum lived in Cheshire so I used to get the train into Manchester at every opportunity to buy the latest 'Madchester' records. I used to go clubbing in Manchester, and as my friend played for United I never paid a penny for drinks or admission.

Happy, happy days... Brilliant music, everyone had money, great times were always had.

:clap2:

I've always said that I'll be sitting in a pool of piss in a nursing home when I'm 90, but I'll still have my memories so I won't care. However, knowing my luck - I'll get Alzheimers. :annoyed:

Sorry,but after reading that your luck would suggest a long and happy life mate. Who was the United player - can you spill the beans?

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
Another 19 year old at the time, a good month.
Ride 'Nowhere', The La's and Galaxie 500 'This Is Our Music'.

Still listen to them all.

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
Who was the United player - can you spill the beans?

I'll stick my hand up and say the bars and clubbing with the players (and I say that loosely, as I was with them but not 'one of them' - there's a difference, wether it's acknowledged or not..) didn't start until 1992/93.

My mate was Simon Davies. Lovely lad, totally grounded (close family who kept him 'real'), and I used to love talking to him about what it was like to run out at Old Trafford and hear the noise. I don't mind admitting I was in awe of that experience. He used to tell me some cracking stories about the players and what they got up to back then. Giggs has always been a rampant shagger by the way. He's not changed. ??? One player who was equally as grounded and genuinely lovely was Dwight Yorke. I would question his later parenting skills, and choice of bird, but hey...

He fell foul of Fergie by not listening to his instructions. Had a few lower level 'big clubs' come in for him but he thought he was too good for them (he was young) and said no. In the end he joined Luton Town, and after about 10 minutes of quizzing him on the phone he admitted he'd just bought a bloody house with his signing on fee! I never even knew players got a signing on fee at the time!!

I haven't spoken to him for many years, but he's now at Man City as the U23 coach and doing well it seems. Was working alongside Patrick Viera.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here