Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Jan 30, 2008
ie, I can't be arsed to go and find the quotes so I'll make up a list of things I think I remember being suggested or implied somewhere over the last 2 years. You could have a future in politics :lolol:

Still backing 'no deal' ?

no deal is better than a bad deal , TIME FOR SOME BED WETTING ?
regards
DR

Jan 30, 2008
obvious signs showing on here that despite all their bravado smugness and predictions the grizzlers are slipping into a state of reality , marvelous scenes, long may it continue
regards
DR

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
The calculated duplicity of our incompetent politicians may be embarrassing but fact that some people still cheer them on is just depressing

Bang on.
I find it incredulous that People actually fawn at the feet of Johnson, Mogg, Corbyn etc.
And people are defending the hapless May, and all because they are followers of a certain party and will defend that party no matter what.
Surely people can see what's going on, surely people can't agree that the wicked cuts to kids and the vulnerable are facts and totally wrong, that austerity is a choice and not a necessity.
I find the whole political scene at the moment quite bizzare and yet people seem totally blind to what's going on in front of their own eyes or don't want to see it.
Let's put the kettle on and have a nice cup of tea.

BrickTamland

Mar 2, 2010
Brighton
Best advice is try and find a nice Swede and don't return, we are damaged goods now where ever this whole thing ends...

I already have one fortunately! It’s the interim period of us being out and me not having either dual citizenship or at least a permanent residency permit which worries me

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
no deal is better than a bad deal , TIME FOR SOME BED WETTING ?
regards
DR
*No deal* is basically the most abysmal outcome possible, so for a 'bad' deal to be worse it'd have to be super-abysmal.

May's stupid soundbite doesn't stand up to any scrutiny.

And we are now hurtling towards it, and cranking up Project Blame.

Jan 30, 2008
*No deal* is basically the most abysmal outcome possible, so for a 'bad' deal to be worse it'd have to be to super-abysmal.

May's stupid soundbite doesn't stand up to any scrutiny.

And we are now hurtling towards it.
you need to lighten up and move on, no deal is on the cards like it or not, it's ok we wont disappear off the world stage, day will be day and night will be night, water will run out of your taps and your gas/ electricity supply will still be on and you will still be able to fill up your car with petrol, order a take away, go down the pub, you know normal things like that , don't have nightmares:rolleyes:
regards
DR

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
you need to lighten up and move on, no deal is on the cards like it or not, it's ok we wont disappear off the world stage, day will be day and night will be night, water will run out of your taps and your gas/ electricity supply will still be on and you will still be able to fill up your car with petrol, order a take away, go down the pub, you know normal things like that , don't have nightmares:rolleyes:
regards
DR

Except, because of a No Deal brexit, the pound will be in the shitter, so, everything will cost twice as much.

But you keep your head in the sand, if that's where you're happiest.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Except, because of a No Deal brexit, the pound will be in the shitter, so, everything will cost twice as much.

Some people don’t want more out of life than a pint and a pop down the shopping parade to pick up the curry. Screw anyone who wants a bit more from life, eh!

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I really don’t believe that anyone still thinks this is going to work out okay. But then again I didn’t think anyone would be dumb enough to vote leave in the first place so what do I know!?

shingle

Jan 18, 2004
Lewes
Illuminating contribution. Building on that, which of Canada +, Chequers and no-deal do you feel is most likely, and which would you prefer?

Lot of posturing going on between both sides. My feeling is that there will be some sort of deal, although not Chequers.

My preference.... a deal that respects the wishes of 17.4 m people. Out of single market and out of customs union, free to strike up our own trade deals. Keeping in a customs union/the single market is neither in nor out and 17.4m people didn't vote leave to be neither in or out.

Remainers on here have to accept that there isn't going to be a 'peoples vote' we've already had one, and nor is there going to be an imminent general election, the PM has made that perfectly clear. So lets just get on with it and get the best deal for us and the EU.

shingle

Jan 18, 2004
Lewes
I really don’t believe that anyone still thinks this is going to work out okay. But then again I didn’t think anyone would be dumb enough to vote leave in the first place so what do I know!?

You've just said it, what do you know. Probably nothing more than anyone else.

Mental Lental

Jul 5, 2003
Shiki-shi, Saitama
Lot of posturing going on between both sides. My feeling is that there will be some sort of deal, although not Chequers.

My preference.... a deal that respects the wishes of 17.4 m people. Out of single market and out of customs union, free to strike up our own trade deals. Keeping in a customs union/the single market is neither in nor out and 17.4m people didn't vote leave to be neither in or out.

So lets just get on with it and get the best deal for us and the EU.

Did I just go back in time? This reads like a post from July 2016.

shingle

Jan 18, 2004
Lewes

Sterling might fall if there's a no deal, but it will be temporary and will rise again, I remember the pound was nearly at parity with the dollar a few years back and that was way before brexit. When we voted leave, the pound went through the floor, but recovered nearly all its losses before going south again when the markets started getting twitchy about a no deal.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here