Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] £6 million Bid for Aden Flint Rejected

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
If we are to play 3 CBs the middle one must be dominint in the air on crosses which neither Duffy or Dunk are. Both are competant on the flanks and attacking balls straight at them in the air but not crosses from out wide.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Obviously we don't want to sell anyone but if you did come in with a 10 mill bid for a 28 year old who we bought for 300k 4 years ago we couldn't say no.

You are definitely a club who we would look towards, similar sized but shown where having a youngish manager and desire can get you above money
Scrap the 'youngish' manager idea and go for 'oldish'. I believe that Hughton is the 4th oldest manager in the entire football league (or thereabouts, they change em so often). Funny how he 'seems' young

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
If we are to play 3 CBs the middle one must be dominint in the air on crosses which neither Duffy or Dunk are. Both are competant on the flanks and attacking balls straight at them in the air but not crosses from out wide.

They were both briliant at defending crosses last season and for a couple of months this season, especially Duffy I'd say.

Have they now lost that ability?

Conelli98

Dec 18, 2016
I picture a West Ham or Stains. A southern club, guaranteeing him PL football. (I think Stains will be fine this season).

Whereas Arsenal, etc go for internationals and names.
Rob Holding is a name...and Dunk is way better than that! Staines is a good shout but my moneys on Arsenal.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I have just pressed reply with quote and this is what has appearred. Could it be the settings? I do not know enough to influence or change it.[/QUOTE

.........but, just to give you an example, in this case I have done what you so often do. See the difference?

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016

Nothing wrong with Duffy's heading ability, dealing with crosses, it's other players not doing their jobs which is our downfall.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
More experienced and better than both Dunk and Duffy at heading away crosses. Duffy is good heading balls from their keeper straight back but not crosses. Dunks weakness as I have said before considering his height he is poor at making defending headers

Very debatable re Duffy, who was also excellent in the Championship defensively and started this season very well.

It seems to be any sort of movement that does for us at the moment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
I think some of you are being more than a tad harsh on Dunk, i still think he is one of the best centre backs in the country, he is only in his first season in this league and along with everyone else, is learning what it takes in this league. Before Saturday, there was a stat that we had something like the third least goals conceded from open play, that is incredible and shows just how well Dunk and the rest have done, yes we are at the opposite end of the scale from set pieces but Dunk cant mark everyone.

This.

Had a poor game vs WBA, and again vs Chelsea, however he remains a shining light for me.

Comfortably better than Mawson and certainly comparable with Keane IMO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
We have an exceptional 4th choice CB who is probably not happy being 4th choice and is not signing a new contract meaning he’ll be gone in the summer and recruitment of his replacement (and maybe another for Dunk) could get quite expensive. It’s a good time to pick a player up now whilst we look fully stocked at the back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
IF we start playing 3 at the back we can keep CG playing here and also keep 4 CBs happy not 3. I assumed we'd see more of the Hun on the bench and bring in a journeyman 5th choice but looks like we might be willing to spend some money on a home grown player.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here