Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Roberto Di Matteo

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Bruce will turn them around if he chooses to take the job. he has got two very average Hull sides promoted. Getting Villa up will be simple by comparison. Hope he turns them down if offered.

I agree. I hope this Dr Xia Villa owner tries to be clever and appoints someone right out of left-field.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Their backline is shit and Jedinak has had a shocker of a start to the season and offers no protection. Can't see that any manager can improve them.

[tweet] 782299697893474305[/tweet]

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Haha.

[tweet]782295968922370048[/tweet]

[tweet]782885592216535040[/tweet]

[tweet]782863034888949760[/tweet]

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Haha... Good to see Mark Samuels' tweets there. He's a mate of mine, one I've taken delight in winding up every time Villa do something really crap. I've done that a lot in the past couple of years

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Jedinak likely to be on north of 25k a week too. Elphick on 40k. Expensive failures.

.. who will leave within a year or two having pocketed immense sums and contributed nothing positive to the club.

No disrespect to either, players will flock to a club throwing money around but for the fans it's a mess. And it's not getting better. Look at Fulham, I would say they're pretty much the same club at this point - Premier League contracts, throwing money at Championship players, buying McCormack, and then not going anywhere and giving up trying.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
They can knock and I imagine Tony will tell them where to go, I also doubt CH would be interested. Aston Villa are in turmoil, Chris has a very secure job here and unless we suffer an almighty run of crap results knows he's got a job for at least a couple of more seasons. Why would he give that up to take a job where he could be sacked by Christmas if things don't improve pretty much immediately.

Villa are in serious danger of slipping into League 1, I don't think a lot of their players have the heart required to change things up, it isn't going to be an overnight job to change them for the better and I think the new owners are expecting a quick fix.

I hope I'm wrong but I can't see that happening.

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Wouldn't surprise me to see Big Sam back in management to help him forget the traumas of England. He took West Ham up from the Championship.

I can't see Steve Bruce going to Aston Villa after his Birmingham City connections; its such a highly-charged rivalry although his track record is good.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Tommy Elphick is earning twice as much as Joe Root. Tommy Elphick, £2m a year.

I can't actually think about that for more than a few seconds without wanting to laugh in a Doctor Evil style...... and then smash something.

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
I see you're excluding "caretaker" appointments which doesn't suit a measure of managerial stability - should be included, no? If you do there have been a few more than that.

Yes you would add Wassall and Chris Powell - Trying to make the point though that we've not been that extreme, probably very similar to, erm, Brighton?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Wouldn't surprise me to see Big Sam back in management to help him forget the traumas of England. He took West Ham up from the Championship.

I can't see Steve Bruce going to Aston Villa after his Birmingham City connections; its such a highly-charged rivalry although his track record is good.

It has been suggested that Sam will be charged with bringing the game in to disrepute and banned from all football here but not sure how that would work if he takes a job in the USA. If he was banned by one member country of FIFA would it still be the same with another?

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla

Paris

Jul 17, 2010
13th district
It appears Villa are going after the Huddersfield manager David Wagner. The question is, would he be willing to leave Huddersfield after such a good start?

https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...-want-david-wagner-to-become-club-new-manager

He's too smart to jump ship for that car crash. If he keeps Huddersfield in the top 6 this season, his stock will be a lot higher come May. The close bond with Klopp would probably land him a seat at the top table*.

*mid-table

Lurchy

Jul 2, 2014
Current odds are:

Steve Bruce (4/6)
Steve Clarke, Sam Allardyce, Steve McClaren, David Wagner (8/1)
Lee Johnson (10/1)
Ryan Giggs (12/1)
Mick McCarthy (14/1)

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Mick McCarthy (14/1)

If they didn't want Bluenose Bruce, Mick McCarthy wouldn't be a bad call - he certainly wouldn't take any nonsense from the chancers and layabouts that currently make up a good part of his squad.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here