Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Should i let my 13 year old son wear his Chelsea kit to the game at the Amex?

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
This is one of those situations I struggle to understand. I just don't see how a child grows up supporting a different side to their parents.

As disappointing as it is, I could get that a 13-y-o supports Chelsea and not the Albion. When he was getting into football c2008 we were League One, playing at Withdean against the likes of Crewe, Yeovil and Stockport.

However, when the Dad is an Albion fan, I don't understand how Chelsea entered the equation.

The only way I can see any justification for it is if a child growing up in Brighton (or any town with a local team) has a parent that supports a team from miles away, but if you grow up in the town/city that has a team your parent supports them it’s an obvious choice for me.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
When my son was 4 years old and having first week at school he came home and declared he was going to be a Chelsea fan as his new best friend at school was one. Took him on his first trip to the Amex very shortly after and he was converted during that trip. Now we're season ticket holders and he loves the Albion with a passion that scares me sometimes.

Common as Mook

Not Posh as Fook
Jul 26, 2004
I managed to get me and my 13 year old son tickets to the Chelsea game at the Amex for his birthday, but there is an issue! I am a Brighton fan and have been for many many years, however, my son is a Chelsea fan (has been since about 4 years old, and i have tried to convert him but he's having none of it!). We have both been to the Amex on several occassions, and we both love the atmosphere, facilities etc, but this game is a big one for him. Deep down i think he thinks that Chelsea are gonna smash us all over the park, which i don't think they will, but as support for his team he wants to wear his Chelsea kit (although i would imaging its gonna be Baltic and he will be wearing a coat, scarf etc). We are sitting in with the home fans and i was just wondering what you lovely people of NSC thought about the idea of him sitting amongst us with the wrong kit on and cheering on the wrong team?

Absolutely, 100%, definitively, NOT. Obviously that's just my opinion though.

pearl

May 3, 2016
Behind My Eyes
I managed to get me and my 13 year old son tickets to the Chelsea game at the Amex for his birthday, but there is an issue! I am a Brighton fan and have been for many many years, however, my son is a Chelsea fan (has been since about 4 years old, and i have tried to convert him but he's having none of it!). We have both been to the Amex on several occassions, and we both love the atmosphere, facilities etc, but this game is a big one for him. Deep down i think he thinks that Chelsea are gonna smash us all over the park, which i don't think they will, but as support for his team he wants to wear his Chelsea kit (although i would imaging its gonna be Baltic and he will be wearing a coat, scarf etc). We are sitting in with the home fans and i was just wondering what you lovely people of NSC thought about the idea of him sitting amongst us with the wrong kit on and cheering on the wrong team?

he probably won't get in and rightly so!

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Put him up for adoption.

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I thought the same. A very quick bit of snooping via the details provided means I do very much believe the OP is an Albion fan with a Chelsea supporting son.

Thanks.

Either a Palace troll, a Fisherman or just plain stupid.

Bozza has confirmed it's not the first option.

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
YES

Where will you be sitting? I want to see the ensuing chaos!

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
He is no son of yours if he supports Chelsea

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
When my son was 4 years old and having first week at school he came home and declared he was going to be a Chelsea fan as his new best friend at school was one.
Lol, I'd have just told him he wasn't. It's just basic morality. My kids support the local team that I support, that's it, there is no other option.

The only exceptions are if you don't live with your child, or you don't support the local team.

Obviously he can't wear his shirt, and he can't cheer a Chelsea goal either. If I see anyone near me in a Chelsea shirt I'm screaming for a steward.

Langley

Mar 10, 2008
Waltham Chase, Hants

Covert him like I did to my 4yr old son many moons ago. He also supported Chelsea because 2 of his cousins did.
We played football on the front lawn, he was Chelsea and I was Brighton.every game was in Brighton favour, 3 0, 4 1, 5 0 etc ( you get the point ?) Eventually he said to me, can I be Brighton Dad ? So we changed sides, me having to endure the Chelsea defeats.
40 years later he and my grandson are avid supporters of this Club.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST

Sorry, I know he's only 13 but I would outright refuse. It will not go well and just be embarrassing for all concerned. Sometimes children need to hear the word "no". this is one of those times.

The only way I could see it working is if you were to turn on him yourself and encourage others to join in, to teach him a lesson but I can understand you perhaps not wanting this for your own son.

You have failed as a parent and should have your children taken away and sent to a normalization centre for their improvement and future happiness:moo: If you are in possession of a season ticket this should be handed over to comrade BG:wink:

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
As a subtle sign of support for Chelsea he could fling himself dramatically to the floor every time someone went past him, in Drogba style. Or shout at any player under the age of 21 to say they'll never make it, perhaps during the halftime warm-up.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Covert him like I did to my 4yr old son many moons ago. He also supported Chelsea because 2 of his cousins did.
We played football on the front lawn, he was Chelsea and I was Brighton.every game was in Brighton favour, 3 0, 4 1, 5 0 etc ( you get the point ?) Eventually he said to me, can I be Brighton Dad ? So we changed sides, me having to endure the Chelsea defeats.
That is fantastic :clap:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here