Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] This could elicit some fun replies

The Clamp

NSC Patreon
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Looks like the sort of claptrap posted on Facebook by one of those Dads who has posted 3 things in his life; a minions meme, a soft focus picture of an American soldier accompanied by a phrase such as "I know who will share this. Like and share if you support British troops, if you don't you are heartless and want to kill babies" ... and this.
Poor and deeply flawed "fable ".

fork me

I have changed this
Oct 22, 2003
Gate 3, Limassol, Cyprus
The story is based on the premise that everyone worse off than yourself is so because they didn’t work as hard as you. It doesn’t allow for the possibility that opportunities, illness, accident, bereavement etc could possibly have played any part in someone’s life.

Or that fact that some jobs pay more than others.

A stockbroker, for examply, doesn't work harder than a nurse, nor do they contribute more to society.

The Clamp

NSC Patreon
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Shamelessly copied and pasted

A young woman was about to finish her first year of university. Like so many others her age, she considered herself to be Labour Party minded, and she was very much in favour of higher taxes to support her education and for more government programmes – in other words, the redistribution of wealth.

She was deeply-ashamed that her father was a rather staunch, blue-ribbon Conservative, a feeling she openly expressed. Based on the lectures that she had attended, and the occasional chat with a professor, she felt that her father had, for years, harboured a selfish desire to keep what he thought should be his.

One day, she was challenging her father on his opposition to higher taxes on the rich and the need for more government programmes. The self-professed objectivity proclaimed by her professors must be the truth, and she indicated so to her father. He responded by asking how she was doing at university.

Taken aback, she answered rather haughtily that she had a 90% average, and let him know that it was tough to maintain, insisting that she was taking a very difficult course load and was constantly studying, which left her no time to go out and party like other people she knew. She didn't even have time for a boyfriend, and didn't really have many university friends because she spent all her time studying.

Her father listened and then asked, “How is your friend Audrey doing?” She replied, “Audrey is barely getting by. All she takes are easy classes, she never studies and she barely has a 50% average. She is so popular on campus - university for her is a blast. She's always invited to all the parties, and lots of times she doesn't even show up for classes because she's too hung over.”

Her wise father asked his daughter, “Why don't you go to the Dean's office and ask him to deduct 20% off your average and give it to your friend who only has 50%? That way, you will both have a 70% average. It would be fair and you would both be equal.”

The daughter, visibly shocked by her father's suggestion, angrily fired back, “That's a crazy idea! How would that be fair? I've worked really hard for my grades! I've invested a lot of time and a lot of hard work! Audrey has done next to nothing toward her degree. She played while I worked my xxxx off!”

The father slowly smiled, winked and said gently, “Welcome to the Conservative side of the fence.”

If you ever wondered what side of the fence you sit on, this is a great test!
If a Conservative supporter doesn't like guns, he doesn't buy one.
If a Labour/Green doesn't like guns, they want all guns out-lawed.
If a Conservative is a vegetarian, he doesn't eat meat.
If a Labour/Green is a vegetarian, he wants all meat products banned for everyone.
If a Conservative is gay, he quietly leads his life.
If a Labour/Green is gay, he demands legislated respect.
If a Conservative is down-and-out, he thinks about how to better his situation.
A Labour/Green wonders who is going to take care of him.
If a Conservative doesn't like a chat-show host, he switches channels.
Labour/Greens demand those should be banned.
If a Conservative is a non-believer, he doesn't go to church.
A Labour/Green non-believer wants any mention of God and religion silenced. (Unless it's a foreign religion, of course!)
If a Conservative reads this, he'll forward it, so his friends can have a good laugh.
A Labour/Green will delete it because he's "offended”.

I had to re-read it. Jimminy Cricket! It's bad. The word "liberal" substituted by "Labour Party". "Labour Party minded". **** me, do you know no shame? If you'd even written it yourself it'd give it some credit but no. It's a piece of shit written by ***** for *****. And your not the **** that wrote it which makes you even more of a **** than whichever **** wrote it. Either way, you're still a ****.

Last edited:

A1X

NSC Patreon
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
I don't think I've read a stream of unconsciousness before

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Because, of course, everyone who is rich deserves it because they have worked really hard whereas the poor or those on low wages, such as nurses for example, have only themselves to blame.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Impressive haul by the OP

fishing.jpg
?

:bowdown:

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Did the Father also have a double-barrelled name, go to an all boys public school, voted for Brexit and thinks cutting ESA by £30 a week for Cancer patients, so as to force them into work when they're not well enough is a good thing, by any chance?

I bet he did.

I really don't see the relevance of whether the father was brought up in a council flat, with unmarried parents of different name, in the wider context of the rest of the sentence?

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
If the young lady in question is a 90% student, she must have got her intelligence from her Mother, cos her old man is a bit thick.

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
Oh , get you Bakero!
Don't be so ruddy touchy.
It sort of proves the point, 'outraged, offended,oversensitive, lack of humour':)

Elementary school [MENTION=17447]Bakero[/MENTION] ? Its.PRIMARY school in England , i bet he says can i "get" as well ....

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
How about if they actually close the loopholes the rich use to avoid paying billions in tax? Instead of cutting everything and sending the county into termoil, F****** morons seriously

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

How about plumbers pay the tax on cash jobs ?

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
Here's a better analogy from an American -

'When you get rid of the estate [inheritance] tax, you’re basically handing over command of the country’s resources to people who didn’t earn it. It’s like choosing the 2020 Olympic team by picking the children of all the winners at the 2000 Games.' - Warren Buffett (snowflake lefty libtard)

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
After Hungerford Douglas Hurd brought in th 1988 Firearms (amendment) Act that banned semi automatic rifles, and restricts the use of some shotguns,
Douglas Hurd is a Conservative.

DumLum

Oct 24, 2009
West, West, West Sussex.
Shamelessly copied and pasted

A young woman was about to finish her first year of university. Like so many others her age, she considered herself to be Labour Party minded, and she was very much in favour of higher taxes to support her education and for more government programmes – in other words, the redistribution of wealth.

She was deeply-ashamed that her father was a rather staunch, blue-ribbon Conservative, a feeling she openly expressed. Based on the lectures that she had attended, and the occasional chat with a professor, she felt that her father had, for years, harboured a selfish desire to keep what he thought should be his.

One day, she was challenging her father on his opposition to higher taxes on the rich and the need for more government programmes. The self-professed objectivity proclaimed by her professors must be the truth, and she indicated so to her father. He responded by asking how she was doing at university.

Taken aback, she answered rather haughtily that she had a 90% average, and let him know that it was tough to maintain, insisting that she was taking a very difficult course load and was constantly studying, which left her no time to go out and party like other people she knew. She didn't even have time for a boyfriend, and didn't really have many university friends because she spent all her time studying.

Her father listened and then asked, “How is your friend Audrey doing?” She replied, “Audrey is barely getting by. All she takes are easy classes, she never studies and she barely has a 50% average. She is so popular on campus - university for her is a blast. She's always invited to all the parties, and lots of times she doesn't even show up for classes because she's too hung over.”

Her wise father asked his daughter, “Why don't you go to the Dean's office and ask him to deduct 20% off your average and give it to your friend who only has 50%? That way, you will both have a 70% average. It would be fair and you would both be equal.”

The daughter, visibly shocked by her father's suggestion, angrily fired back, “That's a crazy idea! How would that be fair? I've worked really hard for my grades! I've invested a lot of time and a lot of hard work! Audrey has done next to nothing toward her degree. She played while I worked my xxxx off!”

The father slowly smiled, winked and said gently, “Welcome to the Conservative side of the fence.”

If you ever wondered what side of the fence you sit on, this is a great test!
If a Conservative supporter doesn't like guns, he doesn't buy one.
If a Labour/Green doesn't like guns, they want all guns out-lawed.
If a Conservative is a vegetarian, he doesn't eat meat.
If a Labour/Green is a vegetarian, he wants all meat products banned for everyone.
If a Conservative is gay, he quietly leads his life.
If a Labour/Green is gay, he demands legislated respect.
If a Conservative is down-and-out, he thinks about how to better his situation.
A Labour/Green wonders who is going to take care of him.
If a Conservative doesn't like a chat-show host, he switches channels.
Labour/Greens demand those should be banned.
If a Conservative is a non-believer, he doesn't go to church.
A Labour/Green non-believer wants any mention of God and religion silenced. (Unless it's a foreign religion, of course!)
If a Conservative reads this, he'll forward it, so his friends can have a good laugh.
A Labour/Green will delete it because he's "offended”.

Show this to your tory mates.

You are utterly clueless.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here