Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

*Sampson RESIGNS*

Pretty Plnk Fairy

NSC Patreon
Jan 30, 2008
it was to do with him doing something wrong when he was at the bristol acadimy, perhaps he didnt like big ones :D
regards
DR

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Russia were so bad from what I saw of the match last night that Mark Sampson leaving is hardly a shock. The ebola comment was stupid but there's more to it obviously. Fair play to the girls for just getting on with winning the match.

Total shambles though.

Russia were bad, but England were very good.

To put it into context, it's probably the equivalent of the men's team doing just the same to Russia. That said, 6-0 flattered Russia - could have been a dozen easily.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
If he was any good he would be coaching men anyway.

Marty___Mcfly

I see your wicked plan - I’m a junglist.
Sep 14, 2011
“However the full report of that investigation was only made known to me last week,” he added. “On reading it I immediately shared it with Greg and we were both deeply concerned with the contents of the report. Let’s be really clear: no laws were broken; Greg and I are not able to challenge the professional views of our safeguarding experts. We thought the conduct issues raised in the report were what the problem was.

“Mark had overstepped the professional boundaries between player and coach.”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Harry Redknapp is favourite for new manager

"Well I wanted one final challenge y'know, and they're a triffic bunch of little ladies, y'know, some of 'em aren't 'alf bad at football for sure"

<gets smacked on the head by a rogue football>

"Oi! For fack's sake...I...this is my last job in foo....OI! That's why she's in the fackin' kitchen"

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Two investigations yes, but one of the complainants wasn't interviewed at all - what sort of investigations were those?

You missed [MENTION=70]Easy 10[/MENTION]'s point. He was not praising the FA, he was burying them. :cheers:

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patreon
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Seems he was sacked for something that he didn't have to be sacked for.

The FA just wanted rid to get rid of the headlines, but have created more.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
If he HAS done somthing, why did the whole team go into love-in mode with him after scoring (which was, separately, icky)? Aluko was highly critical of her former team mates as a consequence.

As an aside, is it just me or.....funny old job for a bloke, coaching women's football.....:shrug:

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
If he HAS done somthing, why did the whole team go into love-in mode with him after scoring (which was, separately, icky)? Aluko was highly critical of her former team mates as a consequence.

As an aside, is it just me or.....funny old job for a bloke, coaching women's football.....:shrug:

I would have guessed someone like YOU would have SUCKED up to your BOSS many times

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Enormous cluster**** all round from the FA. Amazed that they offered Eni Aluko a pay off. Amazed that she took it. Amazed that it's now suddenly come out and that they've had to find a reason to deal with him, when really, any action deemed necessary should have been done a long time ago.

Unless somebody has suddenly come forward with new information of course. But even then, that only excuses the FA in part.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
Enormous cluster**** all round from the FA. Amazed that they offered Eni Aluko a pay off. Amazed that she took it. Amazed that it's now suddenly come out and that they've had to find a reason to deal with him, when really, any action deemed necessary should have been done a long time ago.

Unless somebody has suddenly come forward with new information of course. But even then, that only excuses the FA in part.

The FA confirmed that Mark Sampson has been sacked on the grounds of "inappropriate and unacceptable behaviour" during his time as Bristol Academy manager.

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
If he HAS done somthing, why did the whole team go into love-in mode with him after scoring

Same reason John Terry's team mates gave him such a send-off after he retired. Same reason some people rushed to defend Ched Evans, who- regardless of his criminal acquittal- behaved appallingly on the night in question.

Sometimes people aren't in possession of all the facts. Sometimes they are, but let their personal loyalties blind them. Sometimes they can't or don't want to believe somebody might have done something they shouldn't, or would rather give them the benefit of the doubt.

Regardless, you'd have to imagine this whole affair is going to cast a big shadow over the women's team for some time to come, with certain people feeling they've been let down by others.

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
The FA confirmed that Mark Sampson has been sacked on the grounds of "inappropriate and unacceptable behaviour" during his time as Bristol Academy manager.

If he's done wrong there, so be it. But that smacks heavily of the FA going hunting for something with which to nail him, after they themselves failed to investigate his alleged conduct previously.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003

It is almost like they are trying to screw it up. So many questions remain, and new ones appearing all the time about things like the original Bristol investigation. Which found he did nothing wrong. But now he's been sacked for conduct exposed during that investigation. WTF.

This is obvious, but they really need to have got this one right legally and procedurally, given what they have said about the guy today, and the impression that has been left in everyone's mind. Because if they haven't, it's potentially the mother of all unfair/wrongful dismissal cases, maybe libel too. And you wouldn't back the FA to put the bins out right now.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I would have guessed someone like YOU would have SUCKED up to your BOSS many times

Ha ha! If only. You've been reading my posts on strife at work, the 'you can't polish a turd' incident, et al, I presume. One day I may go the full Paul Kaye at work, but for now I moderate myself. Keep up the comedy, and the red flag flying. :thumbsup:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Same reason John Terry's team mates gave him such a send-off after he retired. Same reason some people rushed to defend Ched Evans, who- regardless of his criminal acquittal- behaved appallingly on the night in question.

Sometimes people aren't in possession of all the facts. Sometimes they are, but let their personal loyalties blind them. Sometimes they can't or don't want to believe somebody might have done something they shouldn't, or would rather give them the benefit of the doubt.

Regardless, you'd have to imagine this whole affair is going to cast a big shadow over the women's team for some time to come, with certain people feeling they've been let down by others.

Good answer (my quesion was semi rhetorical but I clearly didn't make myself clear :facepalm:)

:thumbsup:

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
Always had baggage and was a cheap option for the women's job. Like Southgate, never had any success and was appointed for being a yes man. Many people in the women's game were gobsmacked when he was appointed and a number of officials and players will not be disappointed he has moved on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here