Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Thoughts and perspective

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
True.

But @StatBrother, are you allowed your opinion?

I'm not no, but that appears to have not stopped me.

Only a few days ago my opinion was eviscerated by a poster who later made the same opinion elsewhere. :lol:

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
I'm disappointed that we didn't land a striker, of course, but all this talk that we are doomed to relegation etc and heads must roll is pathetic given the proper context

The proper context is in the first three games we've lacked anything that remotely looks like a cutting edge up front.

Many fans have noticed this and noted we are down to one fit striker.

That augers very badly for us given we now have to wait 4 months before we have any chance to rectify that situation.

If it was another club in this situation I don't think our fans would have an issue saying that club is doomed to fail in the PL because of that situation.

It is what it is however, we've made our own bed and now we must lie in it.

If our midfield can't deliver our goals, we are doomed to go straight back down. Let's hope they go gangbusters as they are our best hope.

sant andreu

Dec 18, 2011
Spain beat Italy last night without any recognised strikers on the pitch!

I know, our team hasn't got quite the same options as the Spanish national team, but it's interesting to note all the same

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton
The proper context is in the first three games we've lacked anything that remotely looks like a cutting edge up front.

Many fans have noticed this and noted we are down to one fit striker.

That augers very badly for us given we now have to wait 4 months before we have any chance to rectify that situation.

If it was another club in this situation I don't think our fans would have an issue saying that club is doomed to fail in the PL because of that situation.

It is what it is however, we've made our own bed and now we must lie in it.

If our midfield can't deliver our goals, we are doomed to go straight back down. Let's hope they go gangbusters as they are our best hope.

As I've said before, Izquierdo needs to convert to a striker and become Roy of the Rovers.

There are so many doubts about so many parts of our team at the moment that we need a miracle. That's not impossible but improbable.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
A few days of reflection make me realise that what I felt as the window slammed shut on our fingers was just huge sadness at what might end up being a missed opportunity to establish BHA in the top flight. Of course it's not all over, but staying up will be harder. We got a foothold in 79-83 but couldn't hold on. This time it felt like Tony was doing everything right. Strong team, great manager, spending boldly but not recklessly. Just needed that striker to make it feel like another step forward. And for whatever reasons, we stumbled for the first time since the decision to appoint Sami.

We're all disappointed. Just imagine how Tony feels! But we press on. Still a whole season to enjoy, all to play for. UTA

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Incorrect.

The deal sheet submitted to get the extra 2 hour window only contains details of the fee and payment structure agreed between the two clubs. There's nothing in there about the individual player having agreed terms.

Incorrect. The player needs to sign too. It's not helpful that the PL website only shows the top half of the form (!), but the full form shows it clearly, as shown in this vid from Sky.

[video]http://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/football/10560319/premier-league-deal-sheet-explained[/video]

Lawro's Lip

Feb 14, 2004
West Kent
Hmmmm, if you've compiled reports on nearly 2000 strikers and fail to sign any of them, the club has plenty of fault in it's process.
I admit the failure to bring anyone in is hard to take but presumably a fair number of these reports concluded that the guy was not for us. How many of these 2000 were genuine targets?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I admit the failure to bring anyone in is hard to take but presumably a fair number of these reports concluded that the guy was not for us. How many of these 2000 were genuine targets?
If I'd commissioned my staff to find 2 strikers and they produced reports on 2000 potential targets but 90% of them weren't up to standard, I'd first be asking:-

1 - Why aren't you concentrating on the specific requirements?
then
B - Ok let's see the 200 strikers who did make it this far.

I wonder how much time and MONEY it cost to scout 2000 players?

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
I laughed at Huddersfield buying everyone back in July in a mad panic. But look where they are now compared to where we are. It's just so dispiriting after the highs of April.

Can you remind exactly who we have played in the first three and who Huddersfield have played. Don't go wetting yourself about their position after just three games!

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
If players are offered the same deals at Burnley and Brighton, I imagine 2 factors come into play.
1: Which team has a better chance of staying in the PL.
2: Where would i rather live.

In most cases, I would guess point one has much more importance the latter for the 18-26 year old professional footballer.

You do realize that there is no requirement to live in the town in which you ply your trade!

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Can you remind exactly who we have played in the first three and who Huddersfield have played. Don't go wetting yourself about their position after just three games!

At least they've scored. Or is a goal too much to ask for?

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
If I'd commissioned my staff to find 2 strikers and they produced reports on 2000 potential targets but 90% of them weren't up to standard, I'd first be asking:-

1 - Why aren't you concentrating on the specific requirements?
then
B - Ok let's see the 200 strikers who did make it this far.

I wonder how much time and MONEY it cost to scout 2000 players?

If you look at 2000 strikers then you'd be looking in noddy leagues at non league standard but they would be cheap

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here