Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Burton v Birmingham

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
Burton 2-1 Birmingham
Big spending City beaten after scoring first. Well done Harry Redknapp - I see also Stockdale made a few rickets but haven't seen the goals yet.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Yet he is MOM on another thread, time to let it go

I agree............... He is great keeper and he is vulnerable keeper as so is the best keepers in the world. He is Birmingham keeper now. He was part of a squad that got Brighton to PL. Say thank to the guy for playing his part in that and let him get on with his career from now on. Good or bad !

West Upper Seagull

Oct 31, 2003
Woodingdean
I saw the game on TV and Stocky did not make any errors - he couldn't be faulted for the goals he conceded.

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham
Burton 2-1 Birmingham
Big spending City beaten after scoring first. Well done Harry Redknapp - I see also Stockdale made a few rickets but haven't seen the goals yet.

Burton must have played well then. Stockdale's still a top keeper but he does make his fair share of errors.

Ryan doesn't exactly look like Mr.Teflon at the moment. :shrug: #glasshouses

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Nothing to see here.

Quite a few NSCers would disagree. He's ex Albion, had a great season last year, was a big part of the promotion charge and surprised 95% of fans with his move. Just like when Murray went to Palace there will be an interest from quite a few of us over the season. I'm not quite sure why because some fans want to move on and forget about him we are all expected to :shrug:

Don't open what are very clear thread titles if you're not interested.....although in fairness this thread title is not so clear :lolol:

Anyway I am off to Leicester and hope that our new keeper can pull off some saves to rival what Stocko did last season except what he didn't do with virtually the last kick of the season :wink:

Last edited:

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
I hope he does well for Birmingham. I don't think promotion beckons and he made a mistake going there, but he'll be well respected by me for what he did whilst here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
Quite a few NSCers would disagree. He's ex Albion, had a great season last year, was a big part of the promotion charge and surprised 95% of fans with his move. Just like when Murray went to Palace there will be an interest from quite a few of us over the season. I'm not quite sure why because some fans want to move on and forget about him we are all expected to :shrug:

Don't open what are very clear thread titles if you're not interested.....although in fairness this thread title is not so clear :lolol:

Anyway I am off to Leicester and hope that our new keeper can pull off some saves to rival what Stocko did last season except what he didn't do with virtually the last kick of the season :wink:

As you say, title not clear about topic.
To be honest I have a bit of trouble remembering where all the ex players and loanees have gone now, must be dementia setting in.
Just glad it's back to 3pm kick off, which is 10pm here, much more civilised.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
I agree............... He is great keeper and he is vulnerable keeper as so is the best keepers in the world. He is Birmingham keeper now. He was part of a squad that got Brighton to PL. Say thank to the guy for playing his part in that and let him get on with his career from now on. Good or bad !

No chance of that I'm afraid. The fortunes of ex-players (and managers) are amongst NSC's most staple topics: Ashley Barnes, Glenn Murray, CMS, Micky Adams, Zamora (before he came home), Leon Knight Ulloa, Bridcutt, etc etc etc. Whether the threads/posts are insulting, gloating, wistful or proud depends on the player (we followed Zamora's career like a load of proud parents) - but ex-players will be discussed I'm afraid.

Rightly or wrongly, probably wrongly, Stockdale is seen as being more towards the Bridcutt end rather than the Zamora end of the spectrum, so most of the stuff written about him on here will be mildly negative.

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
I hope he does well for Birmingham. I don't think promotion beckons and he made a mistake going there, but he'll be well respected by me for what he did whilst here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My dislike for 'Arry trumps my liking of Stockdale.

I hope they don't win another game all season and get relegated with Villa.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here