Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dropping a kerb

Audax

Boing boing boing...
Aug 3, 2015
Uckfield
Neighbours where we are looked into getting their drive widened to make it easier to handle two vehicles. They ended up not doing it after being informed it would result in their property being shifted into a more expensive Council Tax band. Something to potentially look into before you do the work.

Drpepper

Nov 23, 2011
Sussex
Got mine done a few years back, council wanted about £280 for licence and had choice of a 6.5 metre crossover or a 4.5. Went for the 6.5 and got it done for £1800 cash

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Its a huge plot for development I agree. Are they thinking of calling time on the place ? Do they own it ?

I would think the pub is owned by a company probably Enterprise Inns and Bob has it on a 20 year leas from them. If it is the same Bob who was the governor there when I was at The Cricketers, 2001 he is probably nearing the end of the lease.

mwrpoole

Sep 10, 2010
Sevenoaks
Neighbours where we are looked into getting their drive widened to make it easier to handle two vehicles. They ended up not doing it after being informed it would result in their property being shifted into a more expensive Council Tax band. Something to potentially look into before you do the work.

Your neighbours were mis-informed. A property can only be revalued for Council Tax if a sale takes place, you're safe all the time you own it but when you sell up the new owners might get a unwelcome surprise.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here